Classic Accessories Cover - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2018, 10:20 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I prefer the snug look in #19 vs the blouse type look in #18, but that is my personal preference. Is there an opening for the door in either ?
There is a zippered door opening exactly where it needs to be for an Escape 19 (post #19)
EddyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 12:50 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 17B "Tamago", 2019 GMC Canyon Denali Duramax Diesel
I bought an unused PolyPRO 3 cover from someone through this forum last fall, and thought I'd love it. It fit like a glove! HOWEVER, when I removed it from my 17B this spring, the roof fabric disintegrated and separated from the body fabric. The cover was made in Jan. 2018, well within the 3 year warranty Classic supposedly offers. I contacted them with concerns, but they pretty much rejected my claim without a receipt.
I thought this would be a good product, seeing how ETI offers this on their website. WRONG!!
Posting this to help others save their good money and invest in a better quality product if they're looking for a cover.
Now...what is a better product? Ideas?
Old 07-04-2019, 01:10 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tworainy View Post
I bought an unused PolyPRO 3 cover from someone through this forum last fall, and thought I'd love it. It fit like a glove! HOWEVER, when I removed it from my 17B this spring, the roof fabric disintegrated and separated from the body fabric. The cover was made in Jan. 2018, well within the 3 year warranty Classic supposedly offers. I contacted them with concerns, but they pretty much rejected my claim without a receipt.
I thought this would be a good product, seeing how ETI offers this on their website. WRONG!!
Posting this to help others save their good money and invest in a better quality product if they're looking for a cover.
Now...what is a better product? Ideas?
I've had very good luck with CalMark Covers. Five years now on my 2014 19 and no signs of disintegrating. Also had one on my 17B for two years. I went the "less expensive" route for covers when I had a pop-up, got tired of buying one every year or so. CalMarks are pricey, but in my opinion the quality pays off.
Old 07-04-2019, 01:32 PM   #24

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
I've had 3 covers over the years, the $150 Adco, which looks comparable to the Classic Accessories, lasted almost 2 winters, half way thru the 2nd it shredded. The next was a $250 Adco Tyvek one, it lasted 6 years before it fell apart. And now the much too expensive Calmark is on it's 4th year and showing no signs of wear, yet.
Old 07-05-2019, 10:54 PM   #25

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA current
Hi Bob.
I presume that Calmark has the dimensions to make covers for the 5.0 TA. I just bought the cover from ETI but sounds like I will need another cover in a couple of years. If Calmark had the dimensions, then it would make the ordering easier.
Is there much difference between the early 5.0 TA and a 2018 in terms of dimensions for a cover?

Thanks
Fred
flew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 05:58 AM   #26

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
They should have the dimension, a number of them have been ordered. Just a guess on my part, but I don't think the differences over the 5 years it's been in existence would make a difference.

Just a warning, the cost of getting a well made heavy duty cover, other then price, is it's pretty heavy and bulky to work with. Not being able to walk on the roof means you have to install it via ladders or some such.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:55 AM   #27

Trailer: 2019 ESCAPE 21
What's the general opinion when it comes to winter protection in the Pacific NW, to cover or not to cover? if you do cover, are any windows left open a crack, light left on, de-humidifier pellets, etc. I've never noticed if ETI covers all their inventory over the winter, or it get's moved inside somewhere?

Thanks in advance!
Riolongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 10:44 AM   #28

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
My general opinion and practice for ten plus years has been to use a good coat of wax as a cover.

I'm not sure how those who use a cover clean the cover, which will itself be covered in black and green growth and debris.
I use two Dri-Z-Air containers in a 17' trailer and empty them every couple of weeks. All cupboards are left open. From time to time, on a sunny day, I'll open the Maxxfan and a window.