Cover For Trailer - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2015, 12:29 PM   #1

Trailer: 2015 15B
Cover For Trailer

Does anyone have a custom cover for their trailer? Can anyone recommend a good manufacturer from experience? It's for a 15B.
scoram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 01:20 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoram View Post
Does anyone have a custom cover for their trailer? Can anyone recommend a good manufacturer from experience? It's for a 15B.
Calmark. Best out there IMHO. About $650 for my 19' three years ago.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 01:23 PM   #3

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Welcome, scoram...you must have gotten one of the last 15s!

Here are some good threads:

http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...over-1889.html
http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...ands-5020.html
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 02:37 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoram View Post
We agree with Rich . Cal Mark is one of the best covers out there having through the years tried all kinds . The Cal Mark cover is made for trailer ,In other words it fits . It is pricy but quality always is . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
We have a Calmark also. I sent them a lot of pictures showing the trailer itself, the clearances between the trailer and the spare tire in back and the storage box in front and filled out their worksheet for fiberglass trailers (even though they had done some Escape 19's before.

I have solar, A/C, front storage box (which is outside of cover). I placed 2" pipe insulation on the solar panel edges to protect the cover from the sharp edges of the panel corners and sides

With two ladders, it is very easy for Kathy and I to put on and take off.
46indian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 06:37 PM   #6

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
This is an anti-trailer cover idea. I just got an Awning Pro-Tech awning cover. In their Q&A ( Awning Pro-Tech RV Awning Covers | awningpro-tech.com ) they warn to not use their product with a full pull-over cover because of the excessive heat buildup under them. They have measured heat of over 150 degrees when the outside temp was in the low 80s, which was enough heat to damage their product. You might want to consider how hot it would get under the cover you use and whether or not this would damage or at least increase the aging of your trailer and its components. Or how about a cover that is more like a carport?
bdornbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 12:56 AM   #7

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
This is an anti-trailer cover idea. I just got an Awning Pro-Tech awning cover. In their Q&A ( Awning Pro-Tech RV Awning Covers | awningpro-tech.com ) they warn to not use their product with a full pull-over cover because of the excessive heat buildup under them. They have measured heat of over 150 degrees when the outside temp was in the low 80s, which was enough heat to damage their product. You might want to consider how hot it would get under the cover you use and whether or not this would damage or at least increase the aging of your trailer and its components. Or how about a cover that is more like a carport?
I have the Calmark cover on our trailer .I was working inside my trailer for 2weeks . I can unzip the door . I was working on my frige. Believe me I couldn't t be in there if it was 150 degrees . We live in California and it was very hot outside when I was working in there .previous to that with the cover on I was working on a slide in trailer with only the door open . Very hot outside . I also have the awning covers but do not have them on with the cover . Maybe the Calmark can breath . I don't know but the material is Sunbrella not what is used on other covers , maybe another reason it is a better cover . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 07:59 AM   #8

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I have the Calmark cover on our trailer .I was working inside my trailer for 2weeks . I can unzip the door . I was working on my frige. Believe me I couldn't t be in there if it was 150 degrees . We live in California and it was very hot outside when I was working in there .previous to that with the cover on I was working on a slide in trailer with only the door open . Very hot outside . I also have the awning covers but do not have them on with the cover . Maybe the Calmark can breath . I don't know but the material is Sunbrella not what is used on other covers , maybe another reason it is a better cover . Pat
My experience is same in that it does not get hot under my cover. Wish it did though, because I only use it on my trailer during the winter months.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:50 PM   #9

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
We are in Ellensburg tonight, headed home to Surrey (Vancouver area) via Seattle and are thinking we should get a cover for our Escape 21 while still in the U.S. We definitely want a cover. Can we get some advice on specific covers that fit the 21 from current owners? I don't think we can afford a Calmark unless they have a heck of a sale.
Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 08:06 PM   #10

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Am wanting one myself after giving up the idea of building a shed. We had an Adco previously for our 17B and although it was very good, we ordered too large. I see on Amazon that a 15-18' for $194. Will probably order that one because if it doesn't fit I know I can return it with no problem. CalMark is a great cover no doubt but was quoted $650.

Edit: went with Designer Series like we had w/17B; has Tyvek top: $220
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:25 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue;
We went with the same series for our 19. Half the price of a Calmark and it'll probably only last half as long. But that's OK. I like the way it fits so well and covers right up to the hitch and has straps front and back to cinch it up so that it doesn't flop around.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:29 PM   #12

Trailer: 2014 19' hatch date Feb. 27
Ron,
Which size Adco did you order for the fit you describe?
ADKzookeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:56 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
It came from Camping World and their SKU is 69970

ADCO Travel Trailer Designer Tyvek RV Cover 15'1"-18' #32830

Used it all last winter without any sign of degradation. We don't have a roof A/C so it hangs down to the ground. Both side panels open. I like it covering up the tongue box, propane tanks and the hitch.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
04-11-2014 8-14-42 PM3_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 03:32 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Am wanting one myself after giving up the idea of building a shed. We had an Adco previously for our 17B and although it was very good, we ordered too large. I see on Amazon that a 15-18' for $194. Will probably order that one because if it doesn't fit I know I can return it with no problem. CalMark is a great cover no doubt but was quoted $650.

Hi Ross. Like you, I will be getting a cover and don't want to pay $650 or more. Sounds like you're thinking the 15 - 18ft Adco will fit the 21. It would be awesome if it fits over the storage box as well. Please let me know your experience once you have it.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 04:51 PM   #15

Got the 20-22' one; it's actually some $20 less than the 15-18. If it' too big the good thing about Amazon (especially Prime) is they'll just sent you a pre-paid label to ship it back.

Arrives tomorrow will let you know how it fits.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:58 PM   #16

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I'm not sure they will pay to ship it back unless there is something wrong with the item, if it is your mistake, then I believe you will have to pay, they have a complete section on reasons for returning an item.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:06 PM   #17

Wrong on this one Jim; maybe with Camping World but not Amazon. Tried to return a Wilson antenna I didn't need and online it had expired by 4 days to return(like six weeks after it arrived), however a call quickly resolved it and was sent a shipping label at no charge.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:21 PM   #18

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
According to this AmazonSmile Help: About Return Shipping
Return Shipping Costs

If you return an item using a prepaid method (dropoff or pickup) from the Online Returns Center, and the reason for return is not a result of an Amazon error, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund unless your item qualifies for a free return.

I do about a lot of ordering with them and have become quite familiar with returns. They used to allow any return, now only if they make a mistake.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:34 PM   #19

Hey Jim- I returned a grease gun 5 months later after I decided I wasn't going to use the EZ-Lube. They're in a competitive environment and are trying to gain market share. This policy has worked great for Costco so.....

Also as previously mentioned it probably doesn't hurt to be a Prime member. We tried it & cancelled twice before we bit the $99 bullet. Very satisfied.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:01 AM   #20

We came home from the US without getting a cover. So we decided to order a cover online from Elite Motors via EBay. I know it is supposed to be flimsy, but the price is right and if it lasts for the warranted two years I will be okay with it, Any other years will be a bonus.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deluxe-Escap...9397f9&vxp=mtr

Thanks,

Bob K
Bobbito is offline   Reply With Quote