LIppert Axles - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2022, 06:27 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21C
LIppert Axles

I received my new 21C the end of March. I crawled under the trailer today to record the axle serial numbers for future reference. I was surprised to find they had tags from Lippert Axles. The item # is V000608627. There is also a longer number LCI35-TBSA-76-61-0D-22D-LPIB-L-545-18PT V000407922.
I've tried to research the numbers but can't find any definitive information. I'm curious if these are self-adjusting brakes and where I can find information on maintenance. I would appreciate any information on these axles. TIA
Pairofkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 06:32 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pairofkings View Post
I received my new 21C the end of March. I crawled under the trailer today to record the axle serial numbers for future reference. I was surprised to find they had tags from Lippert Axles. The item # is V000608627. There is also a longer number LCI35-TBSA-76-61-0D-22D-LPIB-L-545-18PT V000407922.
I've tried to research the numbers but can't find any definitive information. I'm curious if these are self-adjusting brakes and where I can find information on maintenance. I would appreciate any information on these axles. TIA
I believe your best source of correct information would be the Escape factory that hatched your Escape. They should be able to give you the answers.....
Old 04-29-2022, 07:27 PM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Interesting- Escape has always used Dexter previously. Lippert was founded in 1956- Dexter in 1960. Both make Torsion axles.
Old 04-29-2022, 09:49 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape - upgraded version
Quote:
This site has the operating and service manuals for that axle,
https://highskyrvparts.com/rv-parts/...ty-lci35-lci35
Old 05-02-2022, 08:13 AM   #5

Thank you for the link!!
Old 05-02-2022, 10:29 AM   #6

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
One of the somewhat frustrating and certainly confusing issues when attempting to reply to threads on this forum that are in search of information or problem solutions is the changing evolution of trailers. The change to Lippert axles ( and they are no doubt a good component) whether it’s temporary or permanent now makes it necessary to identify the axle not just the year of manufacture. Folks with older Escapes who may be have extensive knowledge of the components used in their trailer may not be able to post a specific solution for a problem. Wish things didn’t wear out or break down. (Big Sigh).
Iowa Dave
Old 05-02-2022, 05:56 PM   #7

Smile

I received a reply to an email I sent to ETI asking about the Lippert Axle. Dave said they are self-adjusting and he also sent me a owners manual for the axles. I tried to attach the manual but it is to large for this forum.
Hope this information helps new owners that receive the Lippert axle.
Old 05-05-2022, 08:59 AM   #8

Trailer: Escape
Luck has it we got the Dexter Nev-R-Adjust axles. Found Lippert is a nightmare to deal with on warrantee service issues. Heard Dexter is much better.

On our first trip with the new 5.0 the emergency egress window latch failed. The window had flapped wide open in the wind and bent the window frame. Latch attaches to the bottom with a plastic piece which broke.

Warrentee service at Lippert has been a nightmare. They refuse to ship warrantee parts to the trailer owner. It has to go through an RV dealership. They won't provide any info to the trailer owner directly for "privacy concerns". The RV dealership parts guy hates dealing with Lippert. They approved the repair under warrentee but waiting on their parts shipping since Feb. They keep pushing us out.

RV dealer parts guy says they ship to the manufacturers first and repair service gets any leftovers, plus they have a monopoly on many parts. So we may be driving around with our duct taped closed window for quite some time.
Jack! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 11:29 AM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack! View Post
Found Lippert is a nightmare to deal with on warrantee service issues. Heard Dexter is much better.
They were great to deal with when I had an issue that in all honesty could have been caused by rough roads.

They didn't quibble and direct shipped a complete axle assembly to me at no cost.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 12:26 PM   #10

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
They were great to deal with when I had an issue that in all honesty could have been caused by rough roads.

They didn't quibble and direct shipped a complete axle assembly to me at no cost.

Ron
Was this pretty recently or a few years ago? Maybe they're struggling with supply chain issues.

Could also be that the part of the company in charge of windows is not as service oriented as the part that handles axles.
MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 02:14 PM   #11

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
The label says it was manufactured Aug., 2021 and sent to me in the fall.

Osoyoss will be it's maiden trip.

I made a jig to hold it level to the frame. 4 bolts and a couple of wires, pretty easy job. I was impressed by their warranty.

Not worried about their window service, I have framed.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
29-08-2021 1-00-44 PM_0002_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 11:42 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelS78 View Post
Could also be that the part of the company in charge of windows is not as service oriented as the part that handles axles.
Yep, you are exactly correct, Mike.
When you call Lippert you first listen to a list of a dozen or more different products. I haven't listened all the way to the end of the list, selecting "windows" when it comes up. The RV parts guy told us Lippert buys up all these different companies but each company retains its own business practices and methods. He said if you are a RV dealership doing many different kinds of repairs it's very difficult to plan jobs, as Lippert has no standard practice methods. Each different part type is handled and shipped differently, from many different locations. Nothing is standardized.
Jack! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 04:55 PM   #13

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
The item # is V000608627. There is also a longer number LCI35-TBSA-76-61-0D-22D-LPIB-L-545-18PT V000407922.
Lippert "torsion" axles will be nearly interchangeable with Dexter Torflex. The drawing in Lippert's order guide looks like it was copied straight from the Torflex documentation.

The identification guide from Lippert's support documentation Technical Information section shows the label, but doesn't break it down.

My guess at some of the fields of the coding, in bold, for LCI35-TBSA-76-61-0D-22D-LPIB-L-545-18PT:
  • LCI: Lippert Components Inc.
  • 35: 3500 pound capacity range
  • TBSA
  • 76: hub face to hub face dimension, in inches
  • 61: inside to inside bracket spacing, in inches
  • 0D
  • 22D: 22.5 degree down arm angle
  • LPIB-L
  • 545: bolt pattern - 5 on 4.5" bolt circle
  • 18PT
The remaining features will be described by the remaining fields (in italics)... unfortunately including brake features.

Maintenance documents are in the various tabs of the support page; keep in mind that this has both rubber-sprung independent ("torsion") and beam leaf-sprung beam axle information, and that the hubs and brakes are the same on both types. The Trailer Axle Owner's Manual 2-7K Electric Brakes Owner's and Service Manual might be of particular interest.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote