Plumbing Vent Caps - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #21

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
What about changing to Siphon 360 . Won’t degrade either . Not plastic but same material as Oakley sunglasses . Don’t know what the material is called .
Lippert's 360 Siphon vent is made of polycarbonate. A common brand name for one specific polycarbonate is Lexan. Any polycarbonate is a thermoplastic polymer, or in common terms, "plastic".
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:34 PM   #22

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Lippert's 360 Siphon vent is made of polycarbonate. A common brand name for one specific polycarbonate is Lexan. Any polycarbonate is a thermoplastic polymer, or in common terms, "plastic".

And polymers (plastic) degrade from solar UV exposure and other environmental conditions like ozone.

Nothing is forever, and nothing lasts.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:51 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
And polymers (plastic) degrade from solar UV exposure and other environmental conditions like ozone.

Nothing is forever, and nothing lasts.
Durable UV resistant strong polycarbonate , patented design made in America . Your choice . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:04 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
UV resistance varies significantly between polymers, and polycarbonate is relatively good. A coat of paint might still be a good idea... and yes, like everything else it will have a finite life.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:09 PM   #25

Quote:
UV resistance varies significantly between polymers, and polycarbonate is relatively good. A coat of paint might still be a good idea... and yes, like everything else it will have a finite life.
The difference a Yugo or a Rolls Royce . I want better quality hardware on our trailer . If there is better quality that is what I aim for . The vent caps were junk including the 9 in over the bath that disintegrated even after painting with plastic paint . Supposedly reason they have a patent no sewer gases into the trailer which many of us have had to deal with . Pat
Old 04-13-2021, 07:52 PM   #26

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Sure looks like the right one, but the pics aren't very defining on the ad. Hengs is definitely the cap, so I'd think that's it.
Thanks Greg, I'll order it on Amazon today!
Old 04-13-2021, 09:13 PM   #27

Trailer: 2013 19' Escape 1977 Trillium 1300
Quote:
I'm a fan of painting these plastic parts. I tend to use the Krylon Fusion Paint. I've had good luck with it in the past.
NCBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 09:26 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
What about changing to Siphon 360
Very easy install , lots of YouTube video’s . Pat
Did you install this on a rigid vent pipe like the driver's side (DS) vent in Greg's original post, or to a vent hose like the passenger's side (PS) vent in Greg's original post?

The 360 Siphon is designed for a 1-1/2" (inside diameter) rigid pipe - the funnel must fit inside the pipe and the base must seal to the outside of the pipe. For it to work with the hose, an adapter to 1-1/2" pipe would need to be installed on the end of the hose.
Lippert 360 Siphon Aftermarket Manual
Old 04-14-2021, 06:42 AM   #29

Trailer: Hello Hakuna Matata (Escape 19) bye bye Aliner
Hi

I'm amaised by all the good thing (avantage) that is going to be done by venting with the 360 Siphon. WOW! (An alternative for our cap, thanks for the research).

BUT!!!

From my understanding of a vent, it is for venting (introduce air for fluid mouvement). How can it add air to the black thank, speed up decomposition and remove odor?

From my understanding of the venting (house ou trailer), is every pipe except the the final discharge to the street has a king of siphon for that. In a house, the street discharge et connected to you roof but the is supposed to be a check valve to prevent reversed street to house dumping.

So, in short no air is circulation (drag in air from the roof tops) except when water circulate.

So how can it add more air when every thing is close except when you use the toilet or use a sink
hondasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 07:08 PM   #30

Trailer: 2012 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Sure looks like the right one, but the pics aren't very defining on the ad. Hengs is definitely the cap, so I'd think that's it.
Thanks again Greg! I did get the caps and after removing to old ones... quite the onerous task!... I discovered a situation where the cap must be bent/curved to match the contours of the trailer roof. See pic. How did you manage the bending?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Plumbing vent cap.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	55157
Old 05-01-2021, 07:58 PM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMabey View Post
Thanks again Greg! I did get the caps and after removing to old ones... quite the onerous task!... I discovered a situation where the cap must be bent/curved to match the contours of the trailer roof. See pic. How did you manage the bending?

Attachment 55157
I used a heat shrink gun to soften the bottom rim so it would fit the contour of my 17's roof. So far I haven't needed to replace the ones on the 21.
Old 05-01-2021, 11:35 PM   #32

Quote:
Did you install this on a rigid vent pipe like the driver's side (DS) vent in Greg's original post, or to a vent hose like the passenger's side (PS) vent in Greg's original post?

The 360 Siphon is designed for a 1-1/2" (inside diameter) rigid pipe - the funnel must fit inside the pipe and the base must seal to the outside of the pipe. For it to work with the hose, an adapter to 1-1/2" pipe would need to be installed on the end of the hose.
Lippert 360 Siphon Aftermarket Manual
Changed them both Brian and yes what I did . Pat
Old 07-17-2021, 06:46 PM   #33

Trailer: 2018 -21-picked up in May 2019 / 2018 F 150 5.0
Another smelly wardrobe cabinet

We had a really smelly wardrobe cabinet this last trip, could be because we used air conditioning a lot or had the max air on higher than usual? Probably from the grey tank. I have 3 pictures, 1 of the roof cap where they sealed it using foam insulation, 1 just below roof where they joined the flex hose to a white plastic transition piece and then to ABS going above roof and 1 below furnace where it goes from flex again to white transition to ABS. I am assuming the smell/leak is probably at the transitions? They already have a little silicone on the threads. Any ideas on what would be the best/easiest way to fix this? We have had a little smell before but never as bad as this. Would appreciate any ideas on the best way to fix this. I am not sure if I can just put more silicone covering the joints or would it be best to take it all apart and use proper joint sealant? I am assuming there are no more joints between the 2 locations as its only about 8 feet total.
Attached Thumbnails
Escape micro cab.jpg   Escape roof cap.jpg   Escape below furnace.jpg  
yangstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2023, 08:02 PM   #34

Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0
5.0 grey water tank vent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmchamplin View Post
Is the grey tank in a 5.0TA vented? If so, how?
Hello, I have a. 5.0 TA and had the same issue. After looking through all the forums and doing internet research I found out where the vent is. You will have to remove the two screws holding on the heater grill. Remove the heater hose and look forward. I removed and replaced the air valve with one from Lowe’s.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9150a.jpg   IMG_9147a.jpg   IMG_9149a.jpg   IMG_9154a.jpg  
Shusterm is offline   Reply With Quote