Routine maintenance - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2018, 08:23 AM   #1

Trailer: 2018 17B / 2010 GMC Sierra
Routine maintenance

Hello,

We are new to the RV world and are looking at buying a used Escape. Does anyone now if the manufacture has a service where they would check the trailer over and basically do a tune up? For example flush out holding tanks or check for leaks etc.

Thank you.
lilkuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:25 AM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
You might check with Escape. Any other reliable RV service company could do it too.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:48 AM   #3

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
A few years ago when we bought our first (used) Escape I took it up to ETI and for a nominal fee they did a thorough checkup of the trailer, during which they identified a few things that needed remedy, despite the trailer being barely used prior to our purchase (eg batteries were toast). They also identified several things that I didn’t think were problem areas but that in the intervening years between when that trailer was made (2010) and then (2015) they had improved upon in their production process. One was the door seal, one was the way the solar panel was attached, one was how the baggage hatch latch was attached, and I feel like there was something else... But my point is that they fixed everything, even things that I didn’t consider to be broken, at no cost. That is quality customer service, and standing behind your product! While they did leak and pressure test the water and propane systems, one thing they did not do was sanitize them. I had to do that myself, and boy was that a mess 🤢
Old 07-19-2018, 08:58 AM   #4

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
A few years ago when we bought our first (used) Escape I took it up to ETI and for a nominal fee they did a thorough checkup of the trailer, during which they identified a few things that needed remedy, despite the trailer being barely used prior to our purchase (eg batteries were toast). They also identified several things that I didn’t think were problem areas but that in the intervening years between when that trailer was made (2010) and then (2015) they had improved upon in their production process. One was the door seal, one was the way the solar panel was attached, one was how the baggage hatch latch was attached, and I feel like there was something else... But my point is that they fixed everything, even things that I didn’t consider to be broken, at no cost. That is quality customer service, and standing behind your product! While they did leak and pressure test the water and propane systems, one thing they did not do was sanitize them. I had to do that myself, and boy was that a mess 🤢
This sounds like a great option if you are close to ETI!
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:58 AM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Too you might look into a mobile RV Tech. We have several good ones here in Portland. IF you can provide power and water, they can test the systems and do repairs right at your location. As with any business, check their reviews.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:08 AM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
That is a great example of customer service . Even if one had to pay a fee it would be wothwhile just for the peace of mind .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 09:43 AM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Too you might look into a mobile RV Tech. We have several good ones here in Portland. IF you can provide power and water, they can test the systems and do repairs right at your location. As with any business, check their reviews.
Just had one leave my place moments ago. He replaced the A/C unit under warranty. Much quicker than a dealership and a great experience, though he did need my help to lift the units down and up again.

BTW the trailer roof will easily handle my weight.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote