RV tank heat pad ... and the metal bracket - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login

Old 09-26-2021, 01:59 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 TA
RV tank heat pad ... and the metal bracket

Hi, thank for reading and i appreciate some feed back.

I am looking for heat pad to apply to bottom of my 5.0TA trailer (fresh and gray tanks). I also want to position the heat pad (for gray tank) close to the drainage area (which is the lowest area of gray tank. But there are metal bracket that gets in the way. The fresh water tank is not a problem, there are ample space for heat pad. But I am not sure what to do with gray tank. There aren't a heat pad with the right size if i want to avoid the metal holding bracket.

Can i apply the heat pad over the metal bracket ?? What heat pad brands do you recommend ? I plan on install a heat pad on/off switch inside the trailer; just in case the heat pad malfunction and doesn't know when to turn off.

thanks
fchen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2023, 07:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
I don't see why you couldn't install over the heating bracket. I just installed a couple of these on my 21C:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MT9EUG9

FWIW though, you're probably not going to want to turn on the heater unless you've got some liquid in the tank, and unless you're tank is really crooked, I don't think it would take too much to cover the entire bottom area of the tank. At that point, it doesn't matter too much where on the bottom you've installed the heating pad.
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote