Shelter Question - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2018, 08:15 PM   #1

Trailer: 2006 Escape 17C - Custom Painted
Shelter Question

Hello Escape Family,

There are several threads on covers and shelters, but I have a specific question for you.

Do you think that this shelter would fit a 2006 17B? I know that the door height is a little low, but I would raise the shelter to move the trailer in, then lower it back down. I would not be driving it in and out. Just winter storage.....

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.1...000856136.html

Thoughts?
patchy_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:07 AM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
those things need to be bolted to the ground, or they will fly away in the slightest breeze. if its bolted down, its gonna be pretty darn hard to pick up to get over the trailer...
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:28 AM   #3

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
We built one of these. As engineers, we did not use the ground anchor system and instead poured a rebar reinforced foundation. That about doubled the price. The door opens to 10' and cleverly rolls up over a sand filled pipe. Our Escape 19 has the high lift axle and is 9'5" high so it fits. We also ordered 2 doors so we could drive through instead of backing in. Our structure is 12'x20'
Upfisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:57 AM   #4

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21RB
We had used something similar for our 19 for several years and it worked well. We raised it approx 10 inches by placing a 6x6 block of cedar post under each post. We also secured it to the ground by staking 6 posts into the ground. It had open sides and the top lasted about 4 years. It didn't hold a snow load so you would have to brush it off.
gharper is offline   Reply With Quote