Storage Cover - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2017, 08:46 PM   #1

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 on order
Storage Cover

We'll be keeping our Escape 19 at our home in FL. At this point, I don't have a garage or car port to protect it. That said, is anyone using a lightweight cover to protect their 19 in the hot humid climate here in Florida?
If so, what make/model are you using? Any problems or tips to pass along?

I'm concerned about ventilation, or lack thereof, which might lead to mold or mildew issues.

Thanks
Kingbiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 10:50 AM   #2

Trailer: escape 19
We have a standard cover that we use when we she is going to rest for the winter, February in California. It is 15 minute 2 person job to get it on and clipped.

I am thinking of making or buying a 20x15 ft. tarp or cover for the rest of the year to just cover the top. This partial cover should be easier to get use as well.
mrpdk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 11:42 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 1721
We use a shade sail to protect it from UV and to keep tree leaves off our Escape (only have pics of our old Casita under it). I do have to take it down if it's going to snow more than 2". Overall, it's done a great job and keeps the trailer cooler during hot days.
Attached Thumbnails
SSail_Front.jpg   SSail_Rear.jpg  
rotateclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:49 PM   #4

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpdk View Post
We have a standard cover that we use when we she is going to rest for the winter, February in California. It is 15 minute 2 person job to get it on and clipped.

I am thinking of making or buying a 20x15 ft. tarp or cover for the rest of the year to just cover the top. This partial cover should be easier to get use as well.

ADCO makes a roof only tyvek cover, no idea if that's better or worse then a tarp.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:34 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
ADCO makes a roof only tyvek cover, no idea if that's better or worse then a tarp.
Probably a much better cover then using a tarp which is not a good idea for many reasons and never recommended . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:46 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
My wife and I got good at using a ski pole in each front corner of a light weight tarp and running at the trailer to get it to fly like a flag and over our old stick trailer...but we are getting a little old for that now. I also don’t like dragging the trap over the top or possible rub and grommet marks.
I will be trying one of these Costco roof things. If I need it higher I will just put the legs in buckets of concrete at the correct level.
I have read that if you use inexpensive ratchet straps corner to corner in the roof sections you can increase the snow load.
I also like the trailer to be open to air flow. It sits under 2 pine trees and I need to keep the needles from filling up the vents and AC.
Attached Thumbnails
D2A8F784-399E-4BE4-9F07-6A75DE11651D.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:08 PM   #7

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i love the look of that sail cover ! but my main interest is keeping the rain off to stop the green mold!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:15 PM   #8

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
i love the look of that sail cover ! but my main interest is keeping the rain off to stop the green mold!
Having lived on the west coast I would also suggest a green sail cover.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 04:39 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
Totally understand. Shade sails do let water through.

They do make Sunbrella ones, but they are a bit pricey due to the amount of material needed.
rotateclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:44 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbiscuit View Post
We'll be keeping our Escape 19 at our home in FL. At this point, I don't have a garage or car port to protect it. That said, is anyone using a lightweight cover to protect their 19 in the hot humid climate here in Florida?
If so, what make/model are you using? Any problems or tips to pass along?

I'm concerned about ventilation, or lack thereof, which might lead to mold or mildew issues.

Thanks
Classic Accesories PermaPro. Made for sunny clines. Although, as one can imagine, uv rays will destroy about any material in time, but for now these covers carry lifetime warranties that they honor. I used to live in FL so I understand what u r dealing with. Good luck.
Moaboy is offline   Reply With Quote