suitable cleaner for vinyl interior? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Maintenance, Winterizing and Routine Care
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2020, 09:52 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
suitable cleaner for vinyl interior?

whats a suitable cleaner for wiping down the vinyl interior? mine has suffered from some condensation up against the mattress, adn has some mildew spots, most wiped off with damp cloth but some are more persistent. I don't want to use something that will end up damaging the vinyl liner, and would prefer something that doesn't require rinsing.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 10:22 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
We have used warm water with a bit of dish soap. Dried it right away with a clean cloth. Worked great.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 07:51 AM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
How about a Chlorox disinfecting wipe? I have a container in my hand and it says,..."will not harm most surfaces, including acrylic, sealed fiberglass, sealed granite, finished hardwood and vinyl. I would test in an inconspicuous spot first just to be safe.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:32 AM   #4

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
How about a Chlorox disinfecting wipe? I have a container in my hand and it says,..."will not harm most surfaces, including acrylic, sealed fiberglass, sealed granite, finished hardwood and vinyl. I would test in an inconspicuous spot first just to be safe.
When I had my prior 19’ trailer parked on Orcas island two years ago during rainy Nov. - Dec., I had a mold/mildew issue behind the cushions as well. I used the Clorox wipes followed by a damp cloth of vinegar water. Then dried the area with a towel and then used an oscillating space heater to dry everything. Worked really well. Got rid of all the discoloring and never returned.

It also prompted a new habit. I now turn the seat cushions up vertical whenever condensation could be an issue.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 10:58 AM   #5

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21/ 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4x4
Thumbs up

John,

I know this sounds crazy, but put some Vodka in a spray bottle (not the good stuff) and spray area. Leave for 5 to 8 minutes and wipe off. If you have any Vodka left in the bottle, say "CHEERS" and drink the rest! All joking aside, it really works.
Olddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 04:51 PM   #6
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Santa Cruz View Post
whats a suitable cleaner for wiping down the vinyl interior? mine has suffered from some condensation up against the mattress, adn has some mildew spots, most wiped off with damp cloth but some are more persistent. I don't want to use something that will end up damaging the vinyl liner, and would prefer something that doesn't require rinsing.
Hi John, After owning 3 Coleman tent trailers before, other than mild soap and water, the only product Coleman recommended to clean the vinyl tent material (that would not void the warranty) was Simple Green and to dilute it with water 1:10 ratio. Boy, that stuff is great. It's non toxic, tackles grease/dirt well, doesn't need to be wiped off and smells good. So I use it all the time now, in my trailer and home. In a pinch, I've also used it for laundry and outdoor furniture. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 05:36 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I have had good luck with Totally Awesome from the $ store....maybe similar to Simple Green