To cover or not ? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2021, 01:00 PM   #21

Trailer: 2022 E19
About 10 years ago I bought an expensive cover for a Class A motorhome we owned at the time.
I was surprised to find out that it did not repel water. Water would run off under the cover just as if there was nothing on it. From what I understand most covers are water "resistant" and need to be so that they are breathable to avoid mildew, etc but my main objective was to keep the RV dry.
In our climate, especially now, our winters seem to be a constant freeze/thaw cycle and my suspicion is that the continuous expansion and contraction when moisture freezes/thaws in little cracks and crevices will eventually lead to trouble.
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 09:30 PM   #22

Trailer: 2021 5.0 (Dec ‘21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyv View Post
We get delivery Tuesday. Will post pic after install.
Hi, johnnyv.
This thread has got me wondering about the cover we ordered with the trailer (will make the Bob’s Burgers pilgrimage on 12/20 for our 5.0!) Did you get your cover from Escape? If so, what is the mfr, maybe even model number (just to compare, since I don’t know which trailer you bought)? Based on these comments, I wonder what we will be getting, a “winter” or “summer” cover? Thanks!
Duane
WannaBeEscaped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:53 PM   #23
Red

Trailer: 2018 19 ft Escape
I have the cover as supplied through Escape for our 19. I have used it for 3 winters. No rips or signs of wearing out. No abrasions to the gel coat. I live in a very high rain belt and experience freezing and thawing during the winter. It fits like a glove and does not flap or move in high wind. It has a zippered opening for the door so I can go in and out easily. It has survived two resident sea gulls a crap load of maple leaves and a curious bear. It is easy to put on by myself with a 6 foot step ladder. I like the way my trailer looks in the spring when I take it off. Just a quick wash and it looks like new. Also, don't discount how the roof looks. No need to apply elbow grease to remove all that winter sludge off the roof and vents. My cover does not go over the storage box and propane tank cover. By spring they are green with algae which confirms for me how my trailer would look without the cover. I like the suggestion in a previous reply that the storage box and propane cover can also be covered. I owned a motor home and would cover it every winter with a tarp weighted down with milk jugs and held on with bungy. What a pain and still needed to maintain the roof with sealers and make supports so the rain and snow would run off the roof.

I carefully examined the cover this spring when I took it off and thought that it would be like my boat covers and only last a few seasons. It is still in good condition and should last another winter. It is beginning to collect a lot of external dirt that I would like to clean but am not sure what the best way would be to clean it. I tried washing it while on the trailer but that was a fail. I was wondering if I tried an industrial washing machine but don't know if it would disintegrate. Any thoughts?
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 11:22 PM   #24

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21NE
Which Adco cover did you get for your 21? We have an Escape 21NE and i'd like to get an Adco cover for it.
Old 10-28-2021, 09:11 AM   #25

Trailer: 2021
It's a Adco by Covercraft. All climate + wind. Designer Series Olefin HD. The company told me to order the 18' 1'' - 20' size. Don't measure tongue. It has zipper to get in door. Still in box, the Olefin fabric is on top side. I believe Adco is recommended and sold by Escape. 347.00, free delivery. 3 yr warranty.
johnnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 09:38 AM   #26

Part # 36840
Old 10-28-2021, 09:54 AM   #27

Trailer: 2021 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyv View Post
It's a Adco by Covercraft. All climate + wind. Designer Series Olefin HD. The company told me to order the 18' 1'' - 20' size. Don't measure tongue. It has zipper to get in door. Still in box, the Olefin fabric is on top side. I believe Adco is recommended and sold by Escape. 347.00, free delivery. 3 yr warranty.
The covers sold by Escape are from Classic Accesories.
See https://www.theescapeforum.com/forum...ler-cover-size
I ordered one from Escape but they were out of stock when I picked up my trailer so I bought an ADCO.
jediwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 11:29 AM   #28

The Polypro looks decent.
Old 10-28-2021, 11:29 AM   #29
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
A definite for us regarding a cover - mostly for the UV protection. However, we do not recommend Classic Accessories. After just 1 year of use ours got multiple rips on the top. One admittedly came from 'user error' from those sharp solar panel corners but all the other rips came from weakened material from UV damage. It came with a 3 year warranty and they did indeed honor their warranty and sent us a brand new cover for free but clarified that they would not send any more within the remaining warranty period. No worries! Even though we highly doubt this new one will last long, we wouldn't want another one anyways. So for now, we use it until it dies... and then go with ADCO or CalMark next. That about covers it! -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 04:37 PM   #30

Trailer: 2016 21/ '16 Tundra 4.6L Dbl. Cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
…….and then go with ADCO or CalMark next. That about covers it! -Bea
👍Good one, Bea!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 05:09 PM   #31

Trailer: 2019 19 ft
Looking to purchase Adco cover for 19ft

Hello, my 2019 19 ft will need a new cover soon. The one sold by Escape (classic) is falling apart already (only the roof part) I called Adco and they said they did not have the measurements for the 19 ft. I am a little nervous about sending measurements. Also, the salesperson seemed to want to cover the spare tire. I like the way the Classic cover fits, snug to the shell. Calmark is an option but several hundred dollars more. Any thoughts? Thanks,Paul
Warpau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 05:34 PM   #32

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
I posted my model # etc. but don't see it in this thread. There are several threads concerning covers.

Bottom line; we bought an ADCO cover for our 19 and it was on the large side. We now use it on our 21 and it's perfect.

Remember the sizing is for the trailer body. If you buy the cover for a "19" it will be too large.

I'm happy to have a cover that protects the spare tire because that probably means that it's large enough to go down and around the rear bumper as well.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 08:41 PM   #33

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21NE
Thanks for your reply. That's the one I was guessing we should order; thanks for the confirmation.