Winterizing/Hose Adapters - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2022, 06:59 PM   #41

Trailer: Escape Trailer 21NE 2022
ahh. Didn't fit with my little 88p viar air compressor. is there an adapter i need or would i have to buy another air compressor? i am just not getting this.
chesaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 09:40 PM   #42

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
In a pinch, to get the job done sooner than later you can wrap a piece of cloth around the hose end and hold it up against the water intake. There'll be air leakage but it will do a passable job of blowing out the system. Wet the clothe to make it conform to shape better.

Maybe post a photo of the end of the air line that you have.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 01:43 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape Trailer 21NE 2022
Thanks Ron. I’ve figured out I need an air compressor and not the tire place inflator I now have. I’m going with the anti- freeze method for now. Those compressors are pricey! The antifreeze might be what’s needed here in Alaska where temps got to 5 below last winter.
chesaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 07:53 PM   #44

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesaka View Post
ahh. Didn't fit with my little 88p viar air compressor. is there an adapter i need or would i have to buy another air compressor? i am just not getting this.
Scroll up a little and I have a picture of the adapter that should work for your setup, Amazon.

As in all the videos I could find I thought a small compressor was the way to go, then mfschu described his setup and I wanted to look further into it.

He was going from warm climates to at times needing to do a on the fly winterization, my same scenario. It was working out fine for him, it’s not Alaska or Canada here but the water knows when it’s way below freezing.

So already having Milwaukee batteries I picked up an inflator. It inflates everything I need, like truck, camper, bikes and way compact.

I like to jump on the good upgrades in tools, having been like many on here when young having nothing but a hammer to hit roofing nails and cussing out flathead screws. My job is so much easier because of improvements in tools. That said the knowledge of the old ways is probably my best tool…

I was very pleased with the results, test it out for yourself, the water that came out with the compressor following two air pump flushes was almost nothing. In my test there was definitely not enough water left behind to expand a pipe and burst it.

I follow the Escape video instructions on winterizing with air, I do believe there is an extra step that wasn’t on the video, I’ve read where some on here pop off the top of the water pump screen to protect the gasket.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 09:55 PM   #45

Trailer: 2024 21C ---------- 2023 Toyota Tundra Platinum
Amazon sells the hose and adapters as a kit for $14.

https://www.amazon.com/Tool-Daily-Wi...-3-spons&psc=1
scottarue is offline   Reply With Quote