2017 Builds - Conversation and Information - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2016, 08:57 PM   #21

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Am confused. How did u get a 2017 in June of 2016? Looking forward to more pics. Thanks
The terminology used here is very awkward. Dave's trailer has the new body style that Escape is switching to over this year; by 2017 all production will be in the new style, and so this new style is being called the "2017" version of Escapes. This thread is for "2017-style" trailers.

Only 17' and 19' trailers of the 2017 style have been completed so far for customers, with some 21' 2017-style units now in production; that's why you're seeing those in this thread, and not yet seeing the 5.0TA.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 09:00 PM   #22

Trailer: 2018 19'
Thank you for clarification Brian.
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:39 PM   #23

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Very nice. I find the under bed support change quite a surprise. Don't think that had been mentioned prior. Almost like a pass-through storage on the big iron RVs.
Enjoy, and congrats. Look forward to many more reports as you get it into the wild.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 01:11 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Very nice. I find the under bed support change quite a surprise. Don't think that had been mentioned prior. Almost like a pass-through storage on the big iron RVs.
Enjoy, and congrats. Look forward to many more reports as you get it into the wild.
I think I would want vertical supports under the bed . I put 1/8 ply on mine to seperate what is in my outside storage from the interior . I also would not like the stuff under the bed damaging my water heater etc. I have mine seperate using verticals putting 1/8 ply . That was the first mod I did because my 25 ft cord was tangled under the bed . Since it is separated never have had a problem .Maybe luck will be on your side . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 01:12 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I think I would want vertical supports under the bed . I put 1/8 ply on mine to seperate what is in my outside storage from the interior . I also would not like the stuff under the bed damaging my water heater etc. I have mine seperate using verticals putting 1/8 ply . That was the first mod I did because my 25 ft cord was tangled under the bed . Since it is separated never have had a problem .Maybe luck will be on your side . Pat
Gregg I just used your quote really not meant for you . Pat
Old 07-01-2016, 01:42 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Got what you were saying Pat.
I was thinking similar, because I want to add the dual drawers on slides to utilize the space under bed and be able to access those from the front cabinet doors which would effectively block the sections. I like your idea of doing the 1/8 ply separators, may steal that from you.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 01:54 PM   #27

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Those vertical walls served several purposes other than support, they kept things away from the pump and water heater, particularly metal objects that could do some harm. I'll have to enclose some of that area partially.
Old 07-01-2016, 03:31 PM   #28

Trailer: 2016 - Escape 19 (2nd Gen), 2021 F150 Powerboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
I was thinking that there's enough room for everything to go sliding around. I might have to do some partitioning like you did. At least with it open I can configure it the way I want.
davescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:55 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by davescape View Post
I was thinking that there's enough room for everything to go sliding around. I might have to do some partitioning like you did. At least with it open I can configure it the way I want.
Would be a very prudent idea .Previous RV's had a nice enclosed box for cord . I think you have the removable cord but I would be concerned about other items being comprised on drivers side with things sliding around .pretty easy to put support walls . You can screw into bed frame from top into . I did not screw into under bed floor I glued with ,construction adhesive, blocks that I could screw into to hold supports . Don't forget your water tank is under the bed area . Pat
Old 07-01-2016, 04:42 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by davescape View Post
I've changed my trailer ID to reflect the model: 2016/17 Maybe someone has an idea for a better identifier
"2016 (new style)"
What's the opposite of "classic"? Not that "classic" will be clear later...
Old 07-01-2016, 06:11 PM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Just be careful not to screw anything through the floor and into the tanks. Someone on here did that a few years ago.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:20 PM   #32

Trailer: 2018 19'
Is the sewer line really as close to ground as it appears? Was not going to do the lift option on my 2017 17b but do go on some rough roads.
Mucram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:34 PM   #33

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
"2016 (new style)"
What's the opposite of "classic"? Not that "classic" will be clear later...
You're not going to like these, but antonyms for "classic" include; atypical, unusual, different, abnormal irregular, uncharacteristic. You might want to just go old school with "2016, new and improved," go techy with "2016, v2" or automotive mid-year with "2016 1/2". Just saying....
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:36 PM   #34

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
How about "Modern".
Old 07-01-2016, 07:48 PM   #35

Trailer: 17
I thought the same thing so went ahead and ordered the High lift option. I can straddle objects in the road too if I am forced too.

Quote:
Is the sewer line really as close to ground as it appears? Was not going to do the lift option on my 2017 17b but do go on some rough roads.
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 08:11 PM   #36

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
The photo is deceiving and its not as low as it appears.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:30 PM   #37

Trailer: 2005 Aliner, 17B due in April/17
I'm getting the permanent rear bed in my 17B. Sarah said they could do it one of two ways - leave it basically as is, but substitute a mattress for the cushions, (no extra charge), or finish it like the bed in the 19.

While I like the more finished look, I would also like more separation of the space, as I'm think g of carrying my firewood in the "exterior" space on the passenger side. I really am intrigued by the drawer idea, though... Nothing worse than crawling to the back to dig something out from the back!

Brenda
blhvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 10:34 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
How about "Modern".
Like "contemporary", which means either "in the current style" or "in the style of the 1950's", depending on context.

Auto enthusiasts usually categorize the succession of vehicles with the same model name as numbered generations. Following that logic, we would be seeing the transition from "first generation" to "second generation" Escapes.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:49 PM   #39

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
How about "gluten free" ?
Old 07-02-2016, 05:06 AM   #40

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by blhvet View Post
I'm getting the permanent rear bed in my 17B. Sarah said they could do it one of two ways - leave it basically as is, but substitute a mattress for the cushions, (no extra charge), or finish it like the bed in the 19.

While I like the more finished look, I would also like more separation of the space, as I'm think g of carrying my firewood in the "exterior" space on the passenger side. I really am intrigued by the drawer idea, though... Nothing worse than crawling to the back to dig something out from the back!

Brenda
Unless your wood has been sterilized, you may be asking for a host of uninvited guests that crawl out of firewood once it gets warmer, ants, spiders,grubs just to name a few, I'd keep all of them outside.