Additional set of led brake lights - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2016, 10:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 2016 17B
Additional set of led brake lights

Last Saturday we picked up our new 17B in Chilliwack. Chester, a likable intelligent gentleman, towed our 17B to the Sumas crossing. Heading west on highway 1, we gradually lost ground. A mile or so ahead of us we saw Chester switch lanes and drive with confidence towards the border as we lagged behind. The fact that we could see him was due to the very effective optional horizontal lights we had Escape Industries put on our trailer. The improved visibility and safety made the $150.00 well worth the cost. The improved visibility is in fact so dramatic I would suggest that Escape Industries make this a standard feature...but until then, consider adding this to your options list.
Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:50 PM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Oh, yes. I had the additional lights installed as an option. My son, who lives in Nooksack just down the road from Sumas, followed me into Bellingham after picking up the trailer in Sumas. He said it was lit up like a Christmas tree. I'm also glad I got this option. Well worth it just as an additional set of Dole lights.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 09:56 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
Last Saturday we picked up our new 17B in Chilliwack. Chester, a likable intelligent gentleman, towed our 17B to the Sumas crossing. Heading west on highway 1, we gradually lost ground. A mile or so ahead of us we saw Chester switch lanes and drive with confidence towards the border as we lagged behind. The fact that we could see him was due to the very effective optional horizontal lights we had Escape Industries put on our trailer. The improved visibility and safety made the $150.00 well worth the cost. The improved visibility is in fact so dramatic I would suggest that Escape Industries make this a standard feature...but until then, consider adding this to your options list.
congrats on your new 17B!!!

Could you please post a photo of the optional horizontal lights?

and are they brake / running lights?

and.... have any 21' owners had these installed?

and.... i assume there would NOT be any problem having them in place, in the USA? (No crazy laws that I have to be aware of)

thanks
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:47 AM   #4

Trailer: No more Escape 21
nd.... have any 21' owners had these installed?

Standard on the 21
Old 03-16-2016, 11:20 AM   #5

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19
I have them on my 19. I believe they were intended to ensure that brake lights are visible when you are carrying bicycles on the back. I don't carry bicycles; but love the added visibility.

I've followed my wife pulling the trailer, you'd have to be blind to miss them.
sturski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 11:26 AM   #6

Trailer: 2022 Coachmen Nova 20C
They are standard on the 21.... I've had friends comment on how much they improve our visibility on the road.
paulw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:00 PM   #7

Trailer: 2016 17B
If I did this right, a photo of the upper LED lights will appear they function like any tail light (brake, blinker, red when headlights are on).

I guess I don't know how to post a photo on this site.
Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 01:32 PM   #8

Trailer: 19' towed by a 4Runner
Safety is no accident.
GRINGOandTICA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:05 PM   #9

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
.... i assume there would NOT be any problem having them in place, in the USA? (No crazy laws that I have to be aware of)
The U.S. and Canada have aligned rules for exterior lighting on vehicles; the only difference is that Daytime Running Lights are required in Canada and not required (but still allowed) in the U.S. The rules are in the U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and Canada's Motor Vehicle Safety Standards, in the same-numbered section of each (FMVSS/CMVSS 108).

Escape trailers are built to meet FMVSS/CMVSS 108 with standard equipment, and still be compliant with the extra tail lamps which are optional on some models.

Federal rules determine what a new vehicle must have; individual jurisdictions (provinces and states) have rules that determine what can legally be operated on the road. The local rules are usually much less demanding than the federal rules.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote