Christmas in June - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2014, 08:44 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I'm gonna have Christmas in July, but the third pic you posted in #1 looks a lot like my tug/tow, except my F-150 is white and a 6.5 bed. I'm slobbering all over my keyboard...
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:54 PM   #22

Trailer: escape 21may 2014
One thing i wish escape would do is if they are going to paint the added insulation under the trailer black, paint all of it. It can not be that expensive to finish the rest of it. They could also remove the overspray from the insulation that get on the lower fiberglass. Other than these two small issues im satisfied with the quality.
burrab2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:05 PM   #23

Trailer: 2016 21' sold, current class C, Now looking
Padlin, nice setup. In your opening post you said you had to adjust the hitch...I am guessing you plan to lower things a bit? Looks great. On the f150 did you get the Heavy duty payload? Looks like it. Happy travels and congrats
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:27 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by burrab2002 View Post
you are right about the bugs. Had them on both ends of the trailer. Got them off tonight. I found i was missing a nob to close the vent cover on the fridge. I think im going to put a layer of wax on before i take it down the road. I am trying to download a couple of pictures from my phone. Having a little trouble.
What refer vent cover are you referring to? The side vent outside?
Old 06-18-2014, 10:30 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrab2002 View Post
One thing i wish escape would do is if they are going to paint the added insulation under the trailer black, paint all of it. It can not be that expensive to finish the rest of it. They could also remove the overspray from the insulation that get on the lower fiberglass. Other than these two small issues im satisfied with the quality.
ETI sends the trailer out for the foam spray and upon return they spray any visible portions black. On my 2012 unit it was all unpainted and mustard yellow, the black is something new. As far as overspray, if I can not see it I'm not too worried.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:50 AM   #26

jim, the cover is on the outside next to the furnace exaust.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:12 AM   #27

Okay, the little plastic tab that holds the refer vent attached? They are early replaced, ETI can mail you a replacement tab. In the meanwhile, attach a small bungee to insure it does not fall off with just one tab holding. I do this anyway even with both tabs working, jut in case.
Old 06-19-2014, 11:38 AM   #28

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don W. View Post
Padlin, nice setup. In your opening post you said you had to adjust the hitch...I am guessing you plan to lower things a bit? Looks great. On the f150 did you get the Heavy duty payload? Looks like it. Happy travels and congrats
Hi Don, Yes, I dropped the hitch down 2" so far, can go 1" more. I had raised it all the way up and moved it all the way back for the most leeway in taking delivery. Even down the 3" max the trailer is still too low for the truck but it's as close as it's going to be. Could have used the trailer raised up a couple more inches.
I do have the heavy payload pkg and 4x4, which adds E rated 17" rims/tires and whatever extra they add to the suspension. It's almost the height of the SuperDuty's.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:33 PM   #29

Trailer: Wannabe
YAY how exciting!!!
MTWaggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #30

thanks jim
Old 06-19-2014, 08:30 PM   #31

refrigerator question

The missing part is on the ventilation grill. When you took delivery was the winter cover on or did you find it somewhere in the trailer? If it was on is it possible for it to blow off if only part of the grill is attached. Another question. If you remove the freezer compartment will it greatly improve the efficiency of the fridge. Seems to reason with two units cooling. If we are in a situation where we do not need the freezer it seems like it would solve some of the cooling problems i have been reading about. I do have the texas fans. pete
Old 06-19-2014, 08:35 PM   #32

There is no winter cover, it probably was missing from the factory. The freezer is not a separate cooling unit, it is the same unit as the refer, just colder. Removing such allows more capacity as a refer. Not sure if it increases the efficiency any at all. I removed mine and saw little change in temperature of the refer.