Edgar's new Escape - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2009, 12:55 AM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to Edgar
Edgar's new Escape

Hello,

Third night in our new Escape 19'. Don't need to post photo's because it looks just like Doug & Eileen Priestley's machine.
We leverages the dark grey trim and logo color. It matches the white Tacoma tug colors. (Reace also set the EH on the 2nd chain link and we had to tighten to the 3rd. We're running smooth and solid.) We leverage Dan's Hokie Escape idea of having lamps on all four sides. They all have their own local switch. Power comes from a switch located above the sink. At night I can turn all of them on and then turn them on/off from the inside switch. Or I can turn all but the porch lamp off and operate it from the inside swith. Last night while backing into to camp spot I used the back and two sides to see what is going on. Kinda nice. Reace told me I can't talk about this custom option.

We picked up the trailer on Thursday, 25-June. Rainy day in Chilliwack. Reace, Tammy and Denise we're very kind and tolerant of me and my 10 thousand questions. This is an AWESOME trailer!

We had a little trouble crossing the border because the trailer was purchased by my company. Had to bring it in with the help of a import broker. If you are doing the same thing, let me know and I'll give you some planning info.

The first night we stayed at Fort Ebey State Park, WA. Lush trees, privacy, and a short walk to views of Puget Sound. It was fun touring through the concrete bunkers left from WW-II. Had lunch with a friend in West Seattle and then headed for Riverside State Park, Spokane. Relaxing morning, took a bike ride to the overlook of the Swinging Bridge spanning the Spokane River over the Bowl & Pitcher rapids. Onward to Kalispell, MT at the south side of Glacier National Park. Lisa and I plan to spend a couple days here. This is the first RV camp site with full hook-ups. Had a chance to plug in the cable TV, shore power and water. We plan to bike ride around, and see the sights. We already changed our plans to stay another night. Tuesday we head for Grand Teton National Park (my favorite) for a couple days. I’m sure our two girls don’t miss us too much. We left the tuna fish and a can opener on the kitchen counter in case they get hungry. We should be back in Colorado by Thursday night.

Already handed out 3 sets of literature to the looky lookers. Did I say this is an AWSOME trailer?

Greeting to all.

Edgar
Edgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:23 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Re: Edgar's new Escape

Congrats. and then CONGRATS!

I'm missing my baby. Toad is in Chilliwack for installation of DC outlets. I wish I'd had this site as a resource when I was buying mine. But, it might not have made much difference, since I just wanted to get my deposit in so I could get the trailer in time for our vacation.

I have to ask. Did you name it Egger Jr. ?

baglo
Old 06-28-2009, 05:45 AM   #3

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

Yahooooooo Edgar! I can see your smile as I write! Have fun, hope to catch up to you again sometime and swap "Escape-ing" stories. Love to hear the fun you're having!
dan
PS Love the bags idea, Egger Jr.
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:16 AM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo
I have to ask. Did you name it Egger Jr. ?
GROAN :

Congrats Edgar, nice trailer, eh?
It has been 2 weeks since we got back for our last trip, and we are egging to go again, even if just for a short trip
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:46 AM   #5

Sorry, if there are no pictures, it didn't happen.

2009 17' Plan B
ronstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA

Congratulations are in order. We know you will enjoy the trailer to no end.
We are finding we want to take off every weekend.....

Cheers
Doug & Eileen

ps:- nice graphics color choice.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #7

Yea!!.. All the planning comes together.. Congrats!

Definitely let me know about Grand Teton park as it's on my list hang-out in!

favorite quote: "Put the candle back"
JeffZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:25 PM   #8

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

[quote=D. Priestley ]
We are finding we want to take off every weekend.....
/quote]
You too huh?
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:13 PM   #9

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape

Yes, just going in the trailer and looking around and moving things in cupboards doesn't count... I wish I didn't have to work and could just travel.... Ho hum...

We also enjoyed Fort Ebey State Park and the walks all around. Beautiful views of the water...

Glad you are enjoying the new trailer...

So many eggs have "hatched" this last while--no doubt Reace and Tammy will be looking forward to their trip to Bandon.

Ehhh, I just made "Full Escapee--my 100th post!!"
Old 06-28-2009, 09:02 PM   #10

Trailer: '09 Escape 19 "Grasshopper"

Congrats on picking up your new 19. Shay & I are envious of all the Escapes (particularly 19ers) that have been picked up recently.

Edgar - I remember your having posted comments re: the picture of the new cot bunk. If your new 19 has the bunk/gaucho option, could you please post what your thoughts are on it after having finally seen it first hand and maybe even used it? Is it reasonably comfortable? How fast is it to set up & break down? Is it reasonably easy to get in & out of it?

I'm also interested in hearing more about the places you stayed in Glacier & the Tetons. When we make our journey from Texas to pick up ours in late Sept, we plan on stopping at both of those parks as well. We also were thinking of stopping somewhere in Rocky Mountain National Park if you have any recommendations for there as well.

As for posting pics, I'd still love to see some too - even if you feel they look the same as some of the others. For those of us still awaiting for our Escape pickup date, it helps whet the appetite.

Baking in the 100+ heat down here in TX & counting the days 'til we get to the cool Pacific northwest weather in Chilliwack...

Brad

'09 Escape 19 "Grasshopper"
'14 MB GL350 BlueTEC; '99 Toyota 4Runner V6 4WD
Texscapees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #11

"Egger, Jr."..hmmm. Maybe we could head back to Chilliwack and have Tammy paste it on.

We're enjoying a relaxing time near Glacier National Park, staying at the Spruce Park On The River, Kalispell. I picked this one because of full hook-ups and Good-Sam discounts. $27/night. Yesterday Lisa and I took a bike ride on a local rails2trails path. And we relaxed by the river with cocktails. My cloths got a little wet from river water. Brrrrr. Cold water. Today we plan to drive into the park.

Yesterday I got the outside Baby Q and colman stove hooked up to one of the propane tanks. Works great! I brought a bunch of propane fittings to figure out how to connect. Downside with my design is that it depends on the tank 2 being full. The auto-valve and regulator are integrated together so I don't have much choice. I think it'll be an esay solution to run the fridge, furnace, boiler from tank 1 and grill, stove from tank 2. I didn't want to take the regulators off the the stove and weber so need to run high pressure. The the Escape quick connect grill hook-up option uses low pressure. Lisa held back on that second G&T until everything was working. Neighbors in the behemoth RV bus were wondering what the heck I was doing with wrenches, yellow teflon tape and a pile of brass fittings. I assured them that the smell would dissipate shortly and would they please put out the cigarettes...

Brad, tomorrow we're heading to the the Gros Ventre camp ground at Teton National Park. 100s of spot and almost never full. My favorite place. No views of the mountains, no hook-ups, no reservations. They have generator and non-generator loops. Moose come through regularly on the way to the river.

When you're planning RMNP, look into the Morraine camp ground located inside the park. Very pretty.

Time to wake up the girlfriend..

Later.

Edgar

Old 07-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #12

Here is a fun photo of an RV Park in Kalispell, MT. The 'bus' at the right was pulling a Hummer as a 'round town car.

My wike keeps telling me size doesn't really matter...

Edgar
Attached Thumbnails
ittybitty.JPG  
Old 07-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #13

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgar

My wike keeps telling me size doesn't really matter...
Yes, but I bet she took a sideways glance or two, eh?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote