Factory fresh pics of a 5.0 in production. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape 5.0 SA
Factory fresh pics of a 5.0 in production.

Howdy Escape owner wantabes,

I am posting/sharing these early Escape pictures sent of our trailer in production. For those of you who are new to the forum, "riding the fence", or making the purchase of an Escape Industries trailer. Like myself, it was simply too far to travel up to visit the factory and look at the quality of the build. In this topic I will post all the pictures as I recieve them and take them. I have never gotten my fill of inside pictures to answer my questions and help with my decisions. I hope to share pics and help others in this topic. Our delivery date is July 3rd.
Attached Thumbnails
Escape Trailer 1.jpg   Escape Trailer  2.jpg  
daveandsandyclink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #2

Re: Factory fresh pics of a 5.0 in production.

More production pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Escape Trailer  3.jpg   Escape Trailer 4.jpg  
Old 06-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #3

More production pictures. (two at a time)
Attached Thumbnails
Escape Trailer 5.jpg   escape Trailer 6.jpg  
Old 06-09-2012, 09:15 AM   #4

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandsandyc
More production pictures. (two at a time)
Hi: daveandsandyclink... Those are real "Skin and bones" pic's. I can almost taste your excitement too!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #5

Trailer: 17

Wow very nice Does anyone know what is around the perimeter of these window openings? Is it wood for the window frame to be screwed into or Foam or something else? Dave's photo attached, thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
wind.jpg  
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #6

Hi: gocamp... IMHO I wood think... due to the windows interior clamp ring needing something to screw into. Alf
Old 06-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #7

Great pictures - we are also 'just about there' on a 5.0 decision, and it's great to see behind the finished interior. We have a 15' and I wished I had pics of the unfinished interior, it would have answered a lot of my question re/support members etc. Thanks for the post and will keep these pics for reference.

Ron
Ronliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #8

Our 5.0 in production has the following options;

standard build excluding mud flaps and cubbies

2 burner ss stove & rangehood air conditioner with smart start additional window over sink
aluminum wheels bike rack ready exterior shower
extra exterior access hatch LED exterior package ss microwave above the fridge
ss sink & chrome faucet stove cover thermal windows except in the loft
double insulation TV ready two way hot water tank removable power cord our formica & fabric choice fridge cooling fan & insulation
mirror on closet door holding pan for propane bottles 11lb propane bottles
5 additional rear marker lights modify pantry cabinet to 3 drawers silver graphics (Lone Star Edition)
Old 06-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #9

I am sending another round of production pictures we recieved today of our 5.0. In them you can see our pantry built into four drawers and our microwave cutout above the fridge. We are bring up the ss microwave of our choice. Now 16 days from the scheduled delivery.
Attached Thumbnails
Escape Trailer 8.jpg   Escape Trailer 9.jpg  
Old 06-17-2012, 09:48 PM   #10

Two more pictures to share that Tammy has sent.
Attached Thumbnails
Escape Trailer 7.jpg   Escape Trailer 10.jpg  
Old 06-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #11

Coming along. Workshop Elves very busy for your Escapemas
Old 06-18-2012, 11:56 AM   #12

Hi DaveandSandy:

I'm having my 5.0 built right now too and I'm curious why you decided to exclude the mud flaps and cubbies? Also I wanted to know what is the holding pan for propane bottles and 11 lb. propane bottles all about? Where will this go and why this option? And, the option of having 4 draws more practical in the pantry then having standard cabinets?

I also live in a warm climate and I have included insulation and a fan around the refrigerator. Did you do anything else to the trailer because of the warm climate we live in?

Thanks and Good Luck.
Roger from Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #13

Hi Roger,

I declined on the mud flaps because we seldom drive on gravel or in mud. And I probably wouldn't care for their looks on my 5.0. We travel on paved roads and stay at state parks, national parks, and private RV resorts. In Texas 85% of the land is privately owned. There is no back country to camp in. Sometimes we simply travel with our trailer for the bathroom and private space while visiting friends and family. I average a 2 mpg loss towing with a Cummins turbo diesel.

We declined the cubbies because we didn't want anything lower than the overhead cabinets to bump our heads on.
I like the clean look without the cubbies and may install an oak shelf on the wall at our feet for small handy items.

The holding pan is just that. A metal pan under the propane tanks that help secure the tanks from movement. Otherwise I believe they set on wood with a rod/bar/wingnut to hold them in place on the 5.0.

The 11lb smaller propane tanks are about need and weight reduction. We just don't use that much propane so why carry the larger tanks around. The smaller bottles are easier to handle and use near an outdoor kitchen. It's OK to have empty storage space. I try not to haul what I don't need or use. It's a light weight trailer and I want to keep it that.

We asked for the pantry to have drawers built in it. Like having a dresser, we can put folding clothes, spare bath towels, and light weight dry goods in them. We figured as we age having drawers would eliminate getting down on our hands and knees looking and getting stuff out. We lose some space and add a bit of weight but it's a good trade off.

Today... I hope we added our our last factory option. A bathroom window let light in and open while flushing tanks.
We will not have to drag a hose & wand under to the opposite side of the trailer and through the front door to the bathroom. Yea! We really wanted this from the beginning.

This 5.0 is a "Lone Star Edition" built to handle heat and humidity. Extra insulation & double pane windows to help keep out heat and noise. Extra fridge insulation and cooling fan. An outdoor shower to wash off beach sand and a self supporting clothes line. AC with smart start and a good sturdy awning for shade. We almost always need AC so we have little need for 2/6vts or solar panels. I like that Escape Industries is accommodating within reason. I will have
less mods to met our needs and desires. Good toys are worth the wait and travel. I hope this answers your questions Roger.

See you somewhere/sometime.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #14

Thanks DaveandSandy:

I have most of your options but included two draws in the wardrobe closet and 4 draws on the cabinet by the stairs. I might be sometimes traveling north to visit family and do sometimes dry camp so I got the two 6 volt batteries and solar. I should be concerned with weight but I don't think 150 pounds or so will really matter to me. Cost for gasoline is expensive but so was this trailer. If I have to worry about getting 1 more mile per gallon I might as well stay home.
Make sure you get the electric/propane water heater otherwise you'll be using more propane than expected. Also if you intend to get the 5 cubic refrigerator, you'll likely use propane while on the road.

Good luck and hope to meet you on the road.
Roger from Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:04 AM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Dave (or Sandy), it looks like you have thought things out well to meet your needs. It is quite interesting seeing the environmental factors you base decisions on, compared to those used in the cold north.

You mention you only lose 2mpg with you Cummins diesel. What vehicle is it in? If it is in a full-sized pickup, can you actually use that to tow a small 5th wheel like the 5.0? I understood in talking to Reace that this would not work with this trailer. I have a couple times used my F250 with a Powerstroke diesel to pull my 19, and imagine I lose no more mileage than you do, it hardly notices it is there. The one thing one must consider though, is the lower mileage I get initially as compared to a V6 is way lower, and that needs to be factored in.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:15 AM   #16

Sounds like your build out is great Roger. That's the cool thing about Escape. It's not a cookie cutter operation. They build to each persons individual needs and taste. My brother has a giant size 5th wheel you can stand up on the loft bed in just for 2 people. He has to watch going under bridges and service stations off the main interstates. I don't to travel with them because it takes three hours to break camp and put away all their yard decorations and stuff. But he likes that so to each his own. I believe I have this figured out from years of experience and learning from the mistakes of others. Just a few of one man's rules: A stong/reliable tow vehicle, don't overload the trailer with what you can do without a few days, never overplan the trip, and get outside and enjoy the view.

I never thought I would get too old to sleep on hard ground or endure a rainy night...but I did!

See you out there somewhere/sometime.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:05 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett
Dave (or Sandy), it looks like you have thought things out well to meet your needs. It is quite interesting seeing the environmental factors you base decisions on, compared to those used in the cold north.

You mention you only lose 2mpg with you Cummins diesel. What vehicle is it in? If it is in a full-sized pickup, can you actually use that to tow a small 5th wheel like the 5.0? I understood in talking to Reace that this would not work with this trailer. I have a couple times used my F250 with a Powerstroke diesel to pull my 19, and imagine I lose no more mileage than you do, it hardly notices it is there. The one thing one must consider though, is the lower mileage I get initially as compared to a V6 is way lower, and that needs to be factored in.
Hi: Jim Bennett...We used a full sized GMC pickup for the first few years. It was a short box but it still was only 51" tall at the rear axle. Thats the critical measure for the 5.0. Our Nissan Frontier 4X4 is 49" tall but we can lower the tailgate while still hooked up now. Not possible with the full sized truck. Alf
Old 06-19-2012, 07:52 AM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA

Alf, thanks for noting the critical height, I imagine it was posted before, but I forgot. Do you have room for a tool box to be mounted ahead of the hitch?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 09:06 AM   #19

Talking about critical height.

Also Jim mentions, " If it is in a full-sized pickup, can you actually use that to tow a small 5th wheel like the 5.0? I understood in talking to Reace that this would not work with this trailer."

Isn't escape like the scamp fifth, scamp will raise the axle and mount the fifth hitch as needed to meet the customer's truck? Scamp will match the install to the truck. Are you saying escape is the opposite? The customer must have a truck that meets the escape fifth height specs? No axle lift offered? Thanks for the clarification.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:07 PM   #20

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21

Wow, now I am super excited!

Quote:
Today... I hope we added our our last factory option. A bathroom window let light in and open while flushing tanks.
Three years ago at Bandon we asked Reece about a putting in a bathroom window. He said no, and explained why he could not make it work. Two years ago we mentioned to him that we would really like a bathroom window. He said no, cannot do it. Last year, I think we mentioned it to Tammy at Bandon and a week later during our factory tour mentioned to George that it sure would be nice if they had a window in the bathroom, but, Reece had said he can't do it. Of course, since we are still working our way toward retirement our Escape 5.0 is still out there in the future, so, it was just all idle talk. I always suspected that we were not the only ones asking for a window in the bathroom. Now it is a reality. Nice. Maybe next year we can be putting in an order ...

Bill
keager is offline   Reply With Quote