Hibernation - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2021, 10:46 AM   #1

Trailer: 2005 Escape 17B
Hibernation

Our 17B has never seen this much snow. Patiently waiting for spring.
Attached Thumbnails
17B December 28_2021.jpg  
Old 12-29-2021, 11:41 AM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15 B. Room4Two
Our 15 b looks cold in the drive way. It’s warm inside with a small heater on shore power.

Waiting for better weather.
Attached Thumbnails
BE118011-045E-40B3-A108-7135BD11CD8B.jpg  
ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 05:14 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Gonna try and get out every month this year. Good storm here by tomorrow. This was last year.
Attached Thumbnails
Zen 03-14-21.jpg  
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 05:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Well, as long as everyone is showing snow covered photos, I thought I'd all one taken here at Quartzsite. Still cooler than usual, but no snow.
Old 12-30-2021, 07:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Well, as long as everyone is showing snow covered photos, I thought I'd all one taken here at Quartzsite. Still cooler than usual, but no snow.

Nice picture. Would love to be parked there. Getting a little tired of shoveling the white stuff.
Old 12-30-2021, 07:36 PM   #6
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
My body is built for palm trees, not snowmen!
Attached Thumbnails
Extreme.jpg  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 07:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
My body is built for palm trees, not snowmen!

After this stint of snow, I am beginning to think that my body is reverting towards the palm trees too. Which is funny as I used to snow ski and worked on 3 ski hills over a period of 5 years when I was younger.
Old 12-30-2021, 07:58 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Rockcrawler View Post
After this stint of snow, I am beginning to think that my body is reverting towards the palm trees too. Which is funny as I used to snow ski and worked on 3 ski hills over a period of 5 years when I was younger.
Yeah, no one could have convinced me this was going to happen when I was younger. I was a downhill skier for years, Kamikaze-style and the deeper the moguls and steeper the hill the better. I went out this morning and drove to the store. No problems, I don't mind driving in the snow in the early morning hours. It was getting out of the truck and walking across the parking lot to the store that wigged me out! I was afraid of falling.....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 11:09 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
81 degrees here, a record. Hmm....
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 08:46 AM   #10

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Well Jon maybe not there but where we arrive in AZ at Show Low in nine days today and tomorrow they are getting snow. The highs for the three days we are there will only be mid 40's. Still better than the extreme cold we have now here.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 09:53 AM   #11

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Well Jon maybe not there but where we arrive in AZ at Show Low in nine days today and tomorrow they are getting snow. The highs for the three days we are there will only be mid 40's. Still better than the extreme cold we have now here.
We find that cold is relative to where you live. In January, leaving Minnesota in 0 F weather 45 degrees is downright balmy. After two weeks in Arizona 45 F is cold. I now understand why down jackets are worn by our Arizona friends when the temps get below 60 degrees.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 12-31-2021, 01:32 PM   #12

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
We find that cold is relative to where you live. In January, leaving Minnesota in 0 F weather 45 degrees is downright balmy. After two weeks in Arizona 45 F is cold. I now understand why down jackets are worn by our Arizona friends when the temps get below 60 degrees.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perry I hope you've at least got zero degrees there today. Here only 1/2 mile from the very northwest corner of MN, it's -29C (-20F) right now with windchill feels like minus 40 C or F About to walk the dog so even mid forties when we get to AZ will be just fine. You're right that one adjusts to the temperatures. I'll never forget first time changing planes in ATL in January seeing all the outside workers with warm hats on. Visiting my father in Indonesia I walked with his chauffeur/gardener who was dressed warmly while I had shorts and t-shirt on.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 09:31 AM   #13

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Perry I hope you've at least got zero degrees there today. Here only 1/2 mile from the very northwest corner of MN, it's -29C (-20F) right now with windchill feels like minus 40 C or F About to walk the dog so even mid forties when we get to AZ will be just fine. You're right that one adjusts to the temperatures. I'll never forget first time changing planes in ATL in January seeing all the outside workers with warm hats on. Visiting my father in Indonesia I walked with his chauffeur/gardener who was dressed warmly while I had shorts and t-shirt on.
We're in the SE corner of Minnesota, about as far from you as possible (830 km driving to Emerson), but still in Minnesota.

It got -2 F this morning with a high of 4 F. Tonight will have a -12 F low. For years we had friends living in Bagley, MN that we could gloat about our balmy temps. However, they now live in Inverness, FL.

We head south on January 15!

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 01-01-2022, 10:11 AM   #14

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Jon so nice to see all your solar panels deployed. Got snow here last night but thankfully not much -maybe half an inch.
Old 01-01-2022, 10:57 AM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Jon so nice to see all your solar panels deployed. Got snow here last night but thankfully not much -maybe half an inch.
35MPG gusts last night flipped the portable panel face down 5' away. It is back up & working. I also now have a 144" X 144" Clam set up & it survived the wind OK.
Old 01-01-2022, 12:48 PM   #16

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Ouch! Nasty out there. No way I'm going outside today. Pity those poor souls in Colorado.
Old 01-05-2022, 10:21 AM   #17

Trailer: Escape 17A
here's what you need
annieo497 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 10:28 AM   #18

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I just came in from my garage. I hooked up battery tenders to the truck and Mustang for their long nap. The Subaru is used often enough to not need battery service. Stay warm everyone....
Old 01-05-2022, 11:29 AM   #19

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I just came in from my garage. I hooked up battery tenders to the truck and Mustang for their long nap. The Subaru is used often enough to not need battery service. Stay warm everyone....
Hi: cpaharley2008... That's a full stable you got there. A Ram, a Stang., and a Roo!!! Ride "em cowpoke!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 02:16 PM   #20

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
We’re so close but so far. I just hosed my truck down to get the salt off, It’s about 3C, just above freezing here in London Ontario!

I would rather be in Quartzite right now, but instead watching updates on YouTube by RVerTV!
Doug2000 is offline   Reply With Quote