Holiday videos - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2018, 12:27 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Holiday videos

Myron mailed me a DVD of his recent trip out to San Diego and back to Q'site. Thanks Myron, looks like next meetup at Silly Al's the pizzas on me.

Great combination of video clips and stills. Made me realize that I haven't grown with the times. We've traveled a lot and in the pre digital days we'd take hundreds of slides, edit them down to a hundred or so and inflict them on our friends. Worked fairly well unless the numbers shown were probably too many, in which case we might have had to nudge them awake.

I've looked at editing programs a couple of times but we're still doing the same thing, taking a thousand or so photos on a trip, you think I'm kidding, and paring them down to a hundred or so and them showing them to friends.

But, after viewing Myron's production, with music and voice, I realize that I've got to get off my butt and learn how to produce a better offering for friends.

So, I know we have lot's of super photographers on the forum, the question is how many take their digital results from a trip and turn them into a video/still/voice/music production? If so what program would you recommend for a Windows user?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:06 AM   #2

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Over the years I've sunk a bunch of money on different video programs. My problem is they're either too high a learning curve, do far too much more than I'll ever need, or not nearly enough, or just not intuitive enough. Then there's the price, of course. Other problem is my short attention span and shorter short term memory. Recently found one called Wondershare Filmora. Sounds like a loser but I downloaded the free trial version and so far I like it.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:38 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Two years ago when my wife and I camped across Canada we came home with over 5,000 photos. They add up fast when you take a few of each shot to make sure you get just the right one.

Our biggest mistake was how many cameras we used...2 iPads, 2 phones and 2 long lens digital cameras. It was a nightmare checking 6 photo files to pick pictures in order of every event that happened.

This year we decided use just one phone which has a great camera to log memories.

We then take that one ruff file and delete the mistakes and keep it as a saved source. Then we pick a few key pictures and copy them to memory stick that we plug into our tv for people to see.

All depends if photography is a hobby and you have time to get the final product into a production or you just want your friends to see some pics on your tv.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:11 PM   #4

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Two years ago when my wife and I camped across Canada we came home with over 5,000 photos. They add up fast when you take a few of each shot to make sure you get just the right one.

Our biggest mistake was how many cameras we used...2 iPads, 2 phones and 2 long lens digital cameras. It was a nightmare checking 6 photo files to pick pictures in order of every event that happened.

This year we decided use just one phone which has a great camera to log memories.

We then take that one ruff file and delete the mistakes and keep it as a saved source. Then we pick a few key pictures and copy them to memory stick that we plug into our tv for people to see.

All depends if photography is a hobby and you have time to get the final product into a production or you just want your friends to see some pics on your tv.
Another approach using multiple cameras is to download the images each day to a computer using something like Adobe's Lightroom. They all get combined into one database, you can add keywords, edit and adjust the images, and, after selecting the ones you want, make a webpage or slideshow. If you get into the habit of downloading the images each day it also gets them off the camera cards & into a system that provides (as long as you do it) backups.

I shoot with 4 different cameras plus two phones, and find it useful to put everything in one place.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:28 AM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
blood moon

Super moons over New Mexico last night.
Attached Thumbnails
EscNiteMoons.jpg  
Old 01-22-2019, 11:05 AM   #6

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Great super moon shots from the super photographer, Myron. Thanks for posting.

That photo ought to be the cover shot for next year's Escape calendar.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:00 PM   #7

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Another approach using multiple cameras is to download the images each day to a computer using something like Adobe's Lightroom. They all get combined into one database, you can add keywords, edit and adjust the images, and, after selecting the ones you want, make a webpage or slideshow. If you get into the habit of downloading the images each day it also gets them off the camera cards & into a system that provides (as long as you do it) backups.

I shoot with 4 different cameras plus two phones, and find it useful to put everything in one place.

We have resolved down to one solution: Each of our phones will upload photos to our 'dropbox', automatically. We each can then access all photos from any of our computers, and edit, sort, rename, etc. as we want. I don't even use our digital camera anymore; the phone cameras have better resolution, and are always with us.

Edit: Note: Now that I'm retired, and playing with ancestry.com and sorting through memorable photos and stuff, I am cognizant of using photo file names that include date, location, names as much as possible, so as to be self-documenting.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 02:39 PM   #8

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Very, Very Nice, Myron!

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 04:58 PM   #9

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Very nice Myron.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:49 PM   #10

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Super moons over New Mexico last night.
Is that the same as "Moons over My Hammy" at Denny's?
Nice job, Myron....
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote