Home with Our New 19 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-24-2018, 02:36 PM   #21

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
With respect to an undercoating of foam insulation and the high lift option, I'm told by my sales person at ETI that the former is easy to do a few years down the road, but the latter is more involved and without trying to put a number on it, retrofitting the high lift axle on a trailer already in service would be considerably more expensive than doing it upfront.?
As long as there isn't foam sprayed over the axle components, the installation of a spacer kit is a straightforward mechanical job; anyone who works on their own car could do it. I don't know what is considered "considerably more expensive", but it's a few hours of labour. You do avoid paying for that labour by buying the lift with the trailer, but for some people the only cost would be in their own time and effort.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:11 PM   #22

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
As long as there isn't foam sprayed over the axle components, the installation of a spacer kit is a straightforward mechanical job; anyone who works on their own car could do it. I don't know what is considered "considerably more expensive", but it's a few hours of labour. You do avoid paying for that labour by buying the lift with the trailer, but for some people the only cost would be in their own time and effort.
Yes. Have considered doing this myself primarily to raise the dump outlet.
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...71-707-02.html
Old 11-26-2018, 09:26 AM   #23

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Thanks for the help, guys. I decided to include the high lift in the build sheet. I agree with the statement someone made earlier to the effect that if you know what you want, get it at the time of construction. And, if the kit costs ~$200Cdn and the option costs $350Cdn., it's worth it to me to have ETI do the work.

Sorry to borrow the thread. Now, back to the admiring the Steve's new trailer. After looking at those white countertops, my wife decided to go with something lighter than ETI's standard formica. She picked off white, with some faint figure to it. And we gotta get that build sheet finalized before the Dec. 1 price increase.
Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:37 PM   #24

Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Great looking trailer, we live in FT. Worth and I wish we could have caught up with you at a camping site on your way back to San Antonio, would have liked to have seen your trailer and picked your brain on it.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:36 AM   #25

Trailer: , Bigfoot 25B25RT, previously 2019 Escape 21, and Castia sd17
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Yes. Have considered doing this myself primarily to raise the dump outlet.
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...71-707-02.html
Rubicon,
I ride dirt bikes around the country, camping in some remote spots. When I bought my Casita I really worried about having the high lift axle. However the Casita that we ended up purchasing and using for over 10,000 miles had the standard axle. I never once bottomed out or felt that our piping was in jeopardy. What I did like about the lower axle is the step in height of the Casita. So fast forward to the build on our 21 Escape, never even considered the high lift. One modification that I plan on however is protecting the discharges. We did the heated tanks and I plan on protecting the discharges with heat tape, insulation, and have a sheet metal company make a guard for the tank discharges. Similar to this. http://www.perfectcasita.com/casita-...ipe-guard.html
buellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:01 AM   #26

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
Great looking trailer, we live in FT. Worth and I wish we could have caught up with you at a camping site on your way back to San Antonio, would have liked to have seen your trailer and picked your brain on it.

trainman
If you are up for a road trip or have a camping trip planned in this general direction we will would be happy to show our trailer here in SA. As for our return trip we took the westerly (I5/99) to southern (I10) route home so we weren't up north. Also please feel free to reach out via message here on the forum with any questions.

Steve
2019 Chevy Silverado RST 1500, 5.3L
sjnuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:22 PM   #27

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Curious about your folding countertop extension. It looks considerably larger than the original that came with my 1st Gen 19, which I subsequently changed out, as seen here. Yours looks the same size as the one I built. Was that a custom order?
Attached Thumbnails
kitch14A.jpg   fold-outSJ.jpg  
Old 11-27-2018, 03:34 PM   #28

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I always thought that flip up table limited egress at the door and I took it off and rotated it 90 degrees, same amount of space but easier to get by to exit now.
Old 11-28-2018, 09:52 AM   #29

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I always thought that flip up table limited egress at the door and I took it off and rotated it 90 degrees, same amount of space but easier to get by to exit now.
Good idea, I may do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Curious about your folding countertop extension. It looks considerably larger than the original that came with my 1st Gen 19, which I subsequently changed out, as seen here. Yours looks the same size as the one I built. Was that a custom order?
No this is now the standard size about 13x15". I was a little surprised, but pleased to see the larger size.

Steve
2019 Chevy Silverado RST 1500, 5.3L
sjnuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:00 AM   #30

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19' on order
I picked up my 19 at the beginning of October. The only thing I'd change is to have the center cabinet door above the bed lengthened for easier access.
Onestep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 11:15 AM   #31

Trailer: 2023 21
I picked up my 19 at the end of October. The only thing I don't care for is the 90 degree door.
Traverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:09 PM   #32

Trailer: 2018 ESCAPE19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
Could you tell me a little more about chosing the high lift axle? I'm coming up on my confirmation date and thinking hard about it. We have a lip where our driveway meets the road, about 5-6 inches, and I'm a little concerned about bottoming about literally just pulling out of the driveway. (Even though we are in the city, both the driveway and the road are gravel).
Nice colors, btw. Is there any pattern in the white of countertops, or is it solid?
Just to toss in that we have a lip at the top of our driveway and a steep down. Our past trailer we had to put boards under the front wheels to get past the lip and boards under the back wheels at a strategic spot to not bottom out (6 foot long 2 by 4's). We got the lift on our Escape19 - and it allowed us to go over the lip with no trouble and only a very short board - like less than 2 feet long under the back wheels at a strategic point toward the bottom. We can actually go down with nothing with the sway bars on, but don't want to put strain on the sway bar so decided after doing that once to not do it again (even though it looked like it was probably fine).
Tam2004 is offline   Reply With Quote