How to Organize my new escape 19? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-20-2020, 11:05 AM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Cool How to Organize my new escape 19?

Sorry in advance if this kind of thread exists and I just don't know how to find it...

Our Escape 19 just arrived beginning of November! We have been enjoying spending time in it at home, just learning the ropes and how to use everything. (Only been tent campers before, so there is a big learning curve learning the systems.)
I always aspire to accomplish efficient organizing to the max. But so far, I'm a bit baffled about how best to use the minimal storage space! Our 19 has the maximum size fridge upgrade, and the oven (no microwave), so that might take a way some of our storage space.
Can anyone post pictures of some of your favorite organization tricks and hacks? I would just love love love to praise you for all your great ideas and then borrow them myself!
Thanks in advance, I love this community already!
Lmkeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 11:44 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmkeaz View Post
Sorry in advance if this kind of thread exists and I just don't know how to find it...

Our Escape 19 just arrived beginning of November! We have been enjoying spending time in it at home, just learning the ropes and how to use everything. (Only been tent campers before, so there is a big learning curve learning the systems.)
I always aspire to accomplish efficient organizing to the max. But so far, I'm a bit baffled about how best to use the minimal storage space! Our 19 has the maximum size fridge upgrade, and the oven (no microwave), so that might take a way some of our storage space.
Can anyone post pictures of some of your favorite organization tricks and hacks? I would just love love love to praise you for all your great ideas and then borrow them myself!
Thanks in advance, I love this community already!
We use the wardrobe as the 'pantry', and all of our clothes are in packing cubes above the bed.

Medium fit on the bottom of the shelf and small fits above.

AmazonBasics 4 Piece Packing Travel Organizer Cubes Set - Medium

AmazonBasics Small Packing Travel Organizer Cubes Set
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:03 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
We keep all of our clothes in milk style crates that are attached together and slide under the bed. You can fit 4 deep for a total of 8 cubic feet of storage. This leaves the closet for coats and other large stuff. You can find how to do this in posts 14, 52 and 177 starting with this link.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post248269
Attached Thumbnails
E6F17162-D33C-43FA-9083-F34B692B0F6E.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 12:10 PM   #4

We also have 72 pockets located discretely throughout the trailer. This allows a lot of the small stuff to be close at hand and not lost in cupboards.
You can see a link to this mod here:
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post280436
Attached Thumbnails
0F81E196-5F7F-469A-B336-45FEA3A31FAF.jpg   F840D229-CFB9-486B-A966-AD19AFB279F2.jpg  

Old 11-21-2020, 12:46 PM   #5

Wow that is really awesome. Thank you for sharing!!
Old 11-21-2020, 12:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
We use the wardrobe as the 'pantry', and all of our clothes are in packing cubes above the bed.

Medium fit on the bottom of the shelf and small fits above.

AmazonBasics 4 Piece Packing Travel Organizer Cubes Set - Medium

AmazonBasics Small Packing Travel Organizer Cubes Set
Wow that is great to know! I can see us needing the wardrobe for cooking stuff as well. Its nice engineering how you have bigger on the bottom and smaller on the top to maximize storage given of the rounded shape of the exterior!
Old 11-21-2020, 12:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
We keep all of our clothes in milk style crates that are attached together and slide under the bed. You can fit 4 deep for a total of 8 cubic feet of storage. This leaves the closet for coats and other large stuff. You can find how to do this in posts 14, 52 and 177 starting with this link.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post248269
This is an awesome idea. I still don't know what I will store under the bed, since I want the often-used things to be in the more accessible storage. But i guess this makes the under-bed storage pretty accessible!
Old 11-21-2020, 12:49 PM   #8

Quote:
We also have 72 pockets located discretely throughout the trailer. This allows a lot of the small stuff to be close at hand and not lost in cupboards.
You can see a link to this mod here:
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post280436
This is pure genious! And I love the look of your burlap/linen pockets! I hope I can find those in the states.
Old 11-21-2020, 01:30 PM   #9

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
I still don't know what I will store under the bed, since I want the often-used things to be in the more accessible storage.

You want to store heavy items down low and over the axles ( as much as possible ).
Old 11-21-2020, 03:13 PM   #10

Quote:
This is pure genious! And I love the look of your burlap/linen pockets! I hope I can find those in the states.
If you search “wall pocket organizer’ you should find plenty in all sorts of colours and stripes.

On Amazon.com I found this one below at a good price. At 17.5 inches high and 14 wide it fits 4 locations in your 19 but is to big for attaching to the inside of your cabinet doors.

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
E6E77463-7C3A-48B5-B563-4E36CFA2F20B.jpeg  

Old 11-21-2020, 06:46 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape 19, 2018: Last Best Escape
I don't know if this will help but it certainly can't hurt. For our previous first generation 19, I took a whole set of reference pictures for when we're away from our Escape but need to be reminded of something. Like, how much space to we still have under the sink; where did we mount that 3rd set of Umbra hooks? Etc.

We now own a 2nd gen 19' configured quite differently from the standard arrangement so our more recent pictures won't be useful.

Here's the link to the Flickr photos. Hope the pics give you other some ideas.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/555715...57659150261505

Honda Pilot 2019
ksitte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:29 PM   #12

Quote:
If you search “wall pocket organizer’ you should find plenty in all sorts of colours and stripes.

On Amazon.com I found this one below at a good price. At 17.5 inches high and 14 wide it fits 4 locations in your 19 but is to big for attaching to the inside of your cabinet doors.

Good luck.
Yes I found that one too and its sitting in my amazon cart! I just hadn't measured my spaces in the escape yet, so thanks for figuring the sizing out for me! I'll have to get that one and try it out, see how many I need.
Thanks again!
Old 11-21-2020, 10:50 PM   #13

That will be best...you will like the quality.

Old 11-22-2020, 10:40 AM   #14

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
my humble opinion, clothes under the bed in bins is way more convenient than the zip cubes. if you want something you have to open the door, pull out the appropriate zip cube, open it, take out what you want, zip it, put it back, close the door. with the underbed you can see everything when you pull it out.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:49 PM   #15

Trailer: 2020 21NE - dual dinettes
These foldable soft bins fit well in the upper cabinets. I can fit three in the side cabinets, and four in the front & rear cabinets in our 21NE.

http://https://www.containerstore.com/s/storage/decorative-bins-baskets/12?productId=11010491

Pictured is one with 2 jeans, 3 T shirts, two pairs socks, 3 underwear.
Attached Thumbnails
bins.jpg  
sherminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 11:40 AM   #16

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
I love the legless armchairs on the dinette! Where did you find them?
Thanks for posting the photos.
Karen M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 08:06 PM   #17

Trailer: 2007 Escape 17B (sold); Currently 2013 19
Upper cabinets over bed: 1 for my clothes, longer one for his, and the other side one for books, first aid kit, puzzles, etc
Microwave cabinet (no microwave): use metal stacker shelves to maximize space for small cans, pasta, sauces, condiments, spices, packaged food, etc
Wardrobe closet: sterilite stacking bins for papers, scissors, tape, common use items. Going to revamp that space with Elfa shelves to use as a pantry though as we do longer trips now
Cupboard below sink: stackable pots and pans, cheese grater, tupperware, etc
Floor cupboards: heavy items such as oils, larger cans, etc. One area is for commonly used cleaning supplies, paper towels, etc
Cupboard above dinette: one side for foods not used as much, like baking supplies and breads/buns. The easier accessible side for cookies, energy bars, goodies, snacks, etc
Cupboard above kitchen: corelle dishes, mugs, plastic glasses, paper plates. Use the hard to reach area for not commonly used items ie. toaster
Shelf above dinette: fits the 1lb propane canisters nicely, games, bear spray, etc
Under dinette: accessible side for outside gear, hoses, lanterns, outdoor boots and a basket for dirty laundry
Under bed: long wrapping paper style containers for camping stuff like picnic table covers, clothes hanger, etc and stuff that can be gotten from the exterior hatch like hoses, woodblocks, etc
Over the door hooks on bathroom door for hanging towels and light jackets

Just writing this list makes me want to go somewhere, anywhere!
lorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 03:39 PM   #18

Trailer: Escape 19 2018
Send a message via AIM to Farmerdoug
I have followed Eggscape's lead on many of his great mods. We store most everything in clear various sized containers to maximize storage in cabinets, we have two rolling clear stacking totes for clothing stored under the bed. I have added clear plastic angle to keep things in the medicine cabinet. Tools and power cords are in soft sided tool bags. I am getting some more good ideas due to your question. https://escape19.com/mods
Farmerdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksitte View Post
I don't know if this will help but it certainly can't hurt. For our previous first generation 19, I took a whole set of reference pictures for when we're away from our Escape but need to be reminded of something. Like, how much space to we still have under the sink; where did we mount that 3rd set of Umbra hooks? Etc.

We now own a 2nd gen 19' configured quite differently from the standard arrangement so our more recent pictures won't be useful.

Here's the link to the Flickr photos. Hope the pics give you other some ideas.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/555715...57659150261505
Thank you for sharing all the photos! I really liked seeing all your hooks and organization! I need to get a mounted paper towel holder and some more hooks like those.
Old 12-02-2020, 07:41 PM   #20

Quote:
I need to get a mounted paper towel holder and some more hooks like those.
I mounted my paper towel holder by the door... inside of course, but I can reach it from outside without actually opening the screen door. Handy when the bugs are bad.
See what I did here.
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post268979

Tags
efficiency, escape19, organization