It's Friday! - 2017 and beyond! - Page 132 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-20-2020, 10:12 PM   #2621

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Happiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
Yup we asked ETI to bring down the MW to the stove side, flip the wardrobe cabinet up and add the second wardrobe at the top fir looks.. Holly wanted both big doors “on top”..and if momma ain’t happy, well you know the rest�� Serendipity gave us the idea... from another poster last summer..for that extra wardrobe
Oh I know the happiness deal alright. 50 years of happiness in a couple months, if this close contact don’t result in her throwing another frying pan at me and connecting this time.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-22-2020, 10:01 PM   #2622

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Oh I know the happiness deal alright. 50 years of happiness in a couple months, if this close contact don’t result in her throwing another frying pan at me and connecting this time.
Iowa Dave
Almost time to celebrate, Iowa Dave! Warms the cockles of my heart! 🥂

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:25 PM   #2623

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21
Our new Escape 21

After reading this forum for years and jotting down all the great ideas people have had for customization we finally received our 21 this month. Due to the park closures we've only been able to stay at Campground Mi Casa. Thus I've been working on sprucing up the interior. We're pretty pleased with how it looks. The bed is kinda a mess so I didn't take pictures of that side of the interior. We did install a Froli Star sleep system and it seems to make the bed more comfortable (time will tell.)

We're so appreciative of all the advice and photos of interiors people have provided, which helped us with our decisions. We're looking forward to hopefully a summer full of adventures!

In case you're wondering:

Flooring: Millcreek Axle
Fabric: Monroe Steel
Formica: Storm Solidz
Sink: Houzer E-100
Backsplash: Art3d Peel and Stick Subway tiles

We didn't like the monotony of the wood grain so we replaced the dometic fridge panel with brushed aluminum ones from dometic. It wasn't cheap (nor easy to get in) but we feel it goes better with our color scheme.
Attached Thumbnails
interior2.jpg   interio1.jpg  
Tree3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:08 PM   #2624
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree3 View Post
After reading this forum for years and jotting down all the great ideas people have had for customization we finally received our 21 this month. Due to the park closures we've only been able to stay at Campground Mi Casa. Thus I've been working on sprucing up the interior. We're pretty pleased with how it looks. The bed is kinda a mess so I didn't take pictures of that side of the interior. We did install a Froli Star sleep system and it seems to make the bed more comfortable (time will tell.)

We're so appreciative of all the advice and photos of interiors people have provided, which helped us with our decisions. We're looking forward to hopefully a summer full of adventures!

We didn't like the monotony of the wood grain so we replaced the dometic fridge panel with brushed aluminum ones from dometic. It wasn't cheap (nor easy to get in) but we feel it goes better with our color scheme.
Congrats on your new 21! Wow! Looks beautiful! Love the backsplash. Thanks for sharing! -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:15 PM   #2625

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Frig??

Quote:

WE have nearly the same fabric, at least from the shots you sent.. how did you do w replacing the frig panels? WE like the look but didn't know Dometic sold the panels separately!!!: They wd go well with our larger, brushed stainless sink we think! ..see pix above. thumb:
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 05:38 PM   #2626

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
how much did you buy of those tiles to do that area?
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 07:45 PM   #2627

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0 TA "Catalyst"
Thank you for sharing your pictures. I have selected the same flooring and fabric and sink. Your photos helped me decide. Thanks again.
Cleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 12:26 AM   #2628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Congrats on your new 21! Wow! Looks beautiful! Love the backsplash. Thanks for sharing! -Bea
Thank you!
Old 03-26-2020, 12:52 AM   #2629

Quote:
WE have nearly the same fabric, at least from the shots you sent.. how did you do w replacing the frig panels? WE like the look but didn't know Dometic sold the panels separately!!!: They wd go well with our larger, brushed stainless sink we think! ..see pix above. thumb:
Replacing panels was a little tricky, because I didn’t have a clear path forward. Now that I’ve done it I could it again. I’ll try to explain how I managed. We got the panels from here: panels Campingworld, Overtons, Gander must all be the same because they sell the same item with same description for same price.

Getting the existing wood panels out is not too hard because the wood is thin and easily bent. First you have to remove the plastic piece of trim from the top of the doors that is holding the panels in. Start at the left side and pull up gently and the tabs will pop out. Keep pulling up toward the right side until the whole piece comes up. You might have to pull gently forward and back. Then you remove the wood panels by bending in the middle until you can release one edge from the frame.

Now comes the tricky part, getting the aluminum inserts in. They are much stiffer and harder to bend than the wood. Because of the low height of the 21 ceiling you cannot simply slide them in from the top. I tried to bend the top door panel and slide it i from the top but so much of it was sticking out of the frame due to the low ceiling I was gouging the aluminum on the door frame. The way to get the top panel in is to actually remove the plastic trim from the bottom of the top door. You will see two plastic pegs that keep the panels from sliding out the bottom. It is easy to bend the aluminum enough to slide it over the pegs from the bottom of the door.
Unfortunately you cannot do this for the larger panel of the bottom door. Fortunately the bottom door panel has more clearance from the ceiling. Unfortunately it is bigger and thus harder to bend. You basically are going to have to find a way to bend it enough to get the edges in the frame so you can slide the panel in. I would first recommend removing the door handle. It is easily done by removing the two Philips screws and sliding the handle up and off. The door handle makes it harder to get the panel in the frame. Next I put the panel up as high as it would do toward the ceiling so I was minimizing the amount of panel I would have to bend to get in the frame. The next part is key. I took a roll of toilet paper and put it on the middle of the top part of the door frame. I put one edge of panel in door frame and then used the roll to push against the aluminum and bend it so I could create enough curve to get the other edge in. Once both edges are in I removed the roll and it was easy to slide the aluminum panel all the way down. I suppose you could use any cylindrical object to create the bend in the aluminum panel but I didn’t want to put a hard object against the plastic door frame for fear I would crack the frame if I pushed too hard. The toilet paper roll is soft enough.

I wish I had taken pictures. Anyway I hope my long winded description helps and feel free to ask for clarification. Like I said once you do it once it’s easy to figure out. Do be careful not to damage the sides of the aluminum panel when forcing it in.. It’s like thin aluminum sandwiching a foam core. In fact the corners of the panels came dented in shipping but the plastic door frame hides it.
Attached Thumbnails
37B2DA89-654B-4225-9C97-E4623B2F745D.jpeg  
Old 03-26-2020, 01:04 AM   #2630

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox hunt View Post
how much did you buy of those tiles to do that area?
I had to buy two sets. But I think I was slightly inefficient with my trimming. I only used like 1.5 sheets from the second set. I would buy two and return one if you don’t need it, as Amazon has free returns on this item. Better than being stuck midway on the project. If you decide to do it a little tip, especially by the edges of the backsplash and around the windows: You can push down and tuck the edges of the sticker behind the window frame and walls. It is a cleaner look and will help the sticker stay stuck since the edges will have a concave surface the sticker will stay stuck better if tucked under something. I found it was easiest to use the clear plastic sheet that you peel off the front of sticker sheet as a tracing template with a magic marker for the curves of the window. That top plastic sheet has some static cling that naturally holds to the wall of the escape while you trace. You don’t have to get the trace perfect. The idea is to make a rough template that’s close to size out of the plastic sheet to cut the sticker with. Then when you apply the sticker around the windows or irregular edges you use your fingernail or something to really stick the sticker against the wall and frame edges as much as you can. There will be some excess sticker material. Use a sharp hobby knife and trim that material. Then it is easy to push the remaining edge under the window frame for a clean look. I also found a guillotine paper cutter was the easiest way to make straight cuts in the stickers.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:26 AM   #2631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleta View Post
Thank you for sharing your pictures. I have selected the same flooring and fabric and sink. Your photos helped me decide. Thanks again.
👍👍👍👍👍 That’s a lot of thumbs but I needed six words for a reply
Old 03-26-2020, 08:58 AM   #2632

yup

Quote:
Thank you!
Thank you for that description and step by step..we may ttry in..tho we are not even sure ..yet..we can pick up the trailer. All depends upon when things get 'opened up ' after the Beer Flu scare. OUR PUD is still 4/27 but who knows...since mosr of the CGs we scheduled coming home,...and the AirBnBs we planned to stay at on the trip OUT thee are closed still grrrr.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:20 PM   #2633

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
We're so appreciative of all the advice and photos of interiors people have provided, which helped us with our decisions.

Thank you for sharing your pics - a very handsome interior indeed!
Old 04-17-2020, 06:49 PM   #2634

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21, 1977 Scamp 13
After many months of planning and anticipation, our trailer is finally under production. here are some photos to date.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3945.jpg   IMG_3944.jpg   IMG_3943.jpg  
tburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 07:08 PM   #2635

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by tburt View Post
After many months of planning and anticipation, our trailer is finally under production. here are some photos to date.
looks great ! you going to have a lot more room in there than the 17
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 07:58 PM   #2636

Trailer: 2021- 5.0
Tree3,
I like your selections. What is the table width and is that an extra cushion? The frig panels look awesome.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:41 AM   #2637

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I see a full closet next to wardrobe and matching doors on the 45 under the bed (where did you ever get that idea?) nice floor....congrats
Old 04-18-2020, 07:16 AM   #2638

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21, 1977 Scamp 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I see a full closet next to wardrobe and matching doors on the 45 under the bed (where did you ever get that idea?) nice floor....congrats
I had some professional help Thanks for the help and advice!
tburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 04:21 PM   #2639

Dbl closet

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
WE did the same ..after moving the MW to under the range. We did move the aft closet to the top..moma wanted it up there. Holly also wanted 2 wardrobes at the top and we had them put us a shelf in the front closet. Also dbl doors under the bed and circular vents in all storage spaces, incl under the dinette seats. [see on page 129 this thread].
Old 04-18-2020, 07:16 PM   #2640

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
WE did the same ..after moving the MW to under the range. We did move the aft closet to the top..moma wanted it up there. Holly also wanted 2 wardrobes at the top and we had them put us a shelf in the front closet. Also dbl doors under the bed and circular vents in all storage spaces, incl under the dinette seats. [see on page 129 this thread].
Looks like your double doors together are missing, you have 2 doors, one facing the back and one facing the cubbies on the other wall. I wanted that cubby wall free to mount my electric heater that will warm the bath. Our double doors meet on the 45 like the pictures above show.