Microwave location height - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2022, 09:22 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape19 2023
Microwave location height

We will be having an Escape 19 built. My wife is 5ft 3" and we are wondering if she will be able to safely put things in or out of the microwave above the Fridge. Could someone possibly measure that height.
OnMission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 09:38 AM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Mark,
To out little Escape world. Some critical measurements are best obtained from the factory. Your salesperson is the best place to ask for that information.
Old 02-09-2022, 11:22 AM   #3

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by moketsj@hotmail.com View Post
We will be having an Escape 19 built. My wife is 5ft 3" and we are wondering if she will be able to safely put things in or out of the microwave above the Fridge. Could someone possibly measure that height.
If you don’t intend on getting the oven escape was willing to put mine under the stovetop.
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 03:37 AM   #4

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
Wife and i have our microwave mounted under the stove. Easier to put in or remove food from that height as i am 5'6 and wife is sane. Looked at trailers in canada and decided that the best for us. Have our e19 home now and love it.
stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 07:53 AM   #5

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMission View Post
I agree the stock location doesn't seem especially safe to me.

Get the larger optional 6 cu ft 3 way refrigerator with the separate freezer and have the microwave installed under the two burner cooktop. You'll love the larger refrigerator and having a separate freezer and it solves the microwave height issue.

If you want an oven get the microwave convection oven under the cooktop.

TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:55 AM   #6

Trailer: 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
Get the larger optional 6 cu ft 3 way refrigerator with the separate freezer and have the microwave installed under the two burner cooktop. You'll love the larger refrigerator and having a separate freezer and it solves the microwave height issue.
]
This is what we are doing as well. We like to make soup and take frozen servings with us for quick and easy healthy meals so for us the larger refrigerator is an important option, especially for longer trips, and the microwave to warm everything up will be easier to access under the stove.
Fender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 09:02 AM   #7
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I'm 5'6". I have a microwave that I use all the time that was installed in the stock location in a 5.0TA. I don't find it to be an issue. I guess because I've had a combo microwave/stove vent over the top of my stove in my home for decades. YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote