Need actual stock fabric photos please! - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-25-2020, 10:50 AM   #1

Trailer: 2020 19’
Question Need actual stock fabric photos please!

Hello there! We just put a deposit down on a 19 and our build sheet is due on March 2nd! Among other things, we are trying to decide on a stock fabric since we are limited on time and $$. We like the Monroe Steel but its hard to tell from the photos if its tweed-y or more smooth? If you have an up close picture of the texture as well as any other stock fabrics that you chose, I'd love to see them! Thanks so much!

~Morgan
moandbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 11:36 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I would recommend going to the fabric manufacturer's site. Photos, if they exist, will at least be taken under controlled conditions with balanced lighting.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:50 AM   #3
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by moandbrett View Post
Hello there! We just put a deposit down on a 19 and our build sheet is due on March 2nd! Among other things, we are trying to decide on a stock fabric since we are limited on time and $$. We like the Monroe Steel but its hard to tell from the photos if its tweed-y or more smooth? If you have an up close picture of the texture as well as any other stock fabrics that you chose, I'd love to see them! Thanks so much!

~Morgan
Hi Morgan, Congrats on your new 19! I don't have Monroe Steel but until someone here does and hopefully responds, perhaps you could call your sales rep at ETI and ask them to take close up pictures of the sample for you? They could probably tell you if it's smooth or tweed...and maybe take pictures with it against your sample flooring, if you're getting custom flooring...

When we were creating our build sheet last year, we called and emailed our sales rep a number of times with various questions and she responded within a day to every question. She was great! She even went out on the show room floor to take several close up pictures of things we were debating over.

Another idea would be to see if ETI or a fabric store that carried Monroe Steel could send you a little sample of the material. ETI only had one choice of fabric at the time so I picked my custom fabric out at our local fabric store because I wanted to, see it and touch it. Then we brought the huge roll of material up to ETI ourselves on the plane as checked luggage. (Bags are free on Southwest!)

So nice that ETI now has a variety of fabrics to choose from and hope you find what you're looking for. Whatever you choose, I think you're gonna love it.

Best,
-Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:04 PM   #4

Trailer: 1972 Boler Escape 2010 17B (sold) Escape 21 NE (on order)
I don't have a picture of the Monroe steel (I do have a close up of Summit Ash if you like). I would say it falls more on the tweedy than smooth, but certainly not rough to the touch. If you google "Monroe Steel" fabric you can get a better closeup photo and it zooms to see the texture.
If you have an idea of the colour combinations you like, maybe ask your sales rep to take a close up photo of the three samples together (floor, counter, fabric) so you can see how they work together.
Have fun with the build!!
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:25 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
When we where selecting our fabric we sent the supplier a request for actual samples of the fabrics we where interested in and we had them in a couple days. Some suppliers have request sample functions on their web sites. Formica had this and also had them delivered to our door in a couple days. Neither of these where local vendors. If you let them know you have a time crunch it may be faster.
Mark B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 12:37 PM   #6

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I would recommend going to the fabric manufacturer's site. Photos, if they exist, will at least be taken under controlled conditions with balanced lighting.
Just taking a stab here but my bet is they use Ennis Fabrics out of Alberta. Here is Monroe Steel with the ability to zoom.

https://www.ennisfabrics.com/en/coll...roe-9006-steel
Old 02-25-2020, 01:12 PM   #7

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0 TA "Catalyst"
fabric samples

I am expecting a 5.0. My sales lady at escape sent me samples of the fabrics and Formica and flooring that I was considering. She also sent some pictures taken in the showroom of the Formica I was interested in showing it on counters and table.
You might start with your salesperson first and see if they can answer your concerns.
Cleta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:39 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleta View Post
I am expecting a 5.0. My sales lady at escape sent me samples of the fabrics and Formica and flooring that I was considering. She also sent some pictures taken in the showroom of the Formica I was interested in showing it on counters and table.
You might start with your salesperson first and see if they can answer your concerns.
Yes, sample kits are available....
Old 02-25-2020, 03:31 PM   #9

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21, 1977 Scamp 13
We just finished our build sheet and our sales rep sent us samples of the material and countertop. Had them in a couple of days.
tburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 04:25 PM   #10

Trailer: 2020 19’
Thank you all SO much for your wonderful suggestions and info! I truly appreciate it!
moandbrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:38 PM   #11

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
This is the 2018 stock fabric and counter top that was the only free choice at the time for many years and is in hundreds if not close to a thousand Escapes.
If you want something different you may want to avoid these.
Attached Thumbnails
EB9175D1-BC9B-4726-94BC-70B5B0649E9A.jpg   344D7120-6BB4-498B-8A45-F6BF60AC89D7.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:37 PM   #12
sdb

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21 Classic {preceded by Casita Liberty Deluxe 17}
ETI Customer Service mailed fabric samples to me. It made decision making a lot easier. I was able to pick up Formica samples at Lowes and ordered flooring samples online from Mannington.
sdb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fabric, texture