New 5.0 Build - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2021, 10:40 AM   #41

Trailer: 2021 E19 (Padawan)
Only you can decide your financial situation. I’ve had equal fun in top of the line fiberglass and bottom of the line laminated foam. One of them lasted 20 years longer than the other. I’m buying another fiberglass. One of them cost a lot more than the other. At some point I may only need a 10 year RV, and then saving the money might help. For now, I hope to travel at least another 20 years. That’s my thought, yours may be different, and just as valid.
Old 02-24-2021, 11:04 AM   #42

Trailer: 21 foot 5.0 fifth wheel 2017
Enjoy, we made that trip 2 years ago from Downeast Maine........9 days out and 17 back as we had to get back for a grandsons birthday.....”Faux Chateau”
Michael.Chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:06 AM   #43

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
We are still deciding which direction to go. A cheap throw away sticky for under $20K or the Escape 5.0 around $40k. We can't seem to get past the pricing on the 5.0. We love the layout and know it is the best layout we've found but we are of the old frugal German decent. : ))
I am looking at it as paying $40K for the trailer, then selling it for perhaps $30-40 when I'm ready to get out the rocking chair and cardigan on the front porch. I imagine that $20K sticky would sell for $5-10. So, for the same $10Kish net cost, the fiberglass is probably a lot less worry. My $0.02
Old 02-24-2021, 11:13 AM   #44

Trailer: None
Think of the resale

Sticky = Throw away

Escape = $$$$
RandyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:39 AM   #45

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyT View Post
Think of the resale

Sticky = Throw away

Escape = $$$$
The 5.0 is not off the table. We just have to hash it out and hash it out over and over and over again. : ))

We just need someone to "accidentally" let us use one for a year so we can be absolutely sure. Any takers?
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:45 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4528 View Post
I am looking at it as paying $40K for the trailer, then selling it for perhaps $30-40 when I'm ready to get out the rocking chair and cardigan on the front porch. I imagine that $20K sticky would sell for $5-10. So, for the same $10Kish net cost, the fiberglass is probably a lot less worry. My $0.02
It's not just the resale of the stickie. It's a matter of "if" it can be sold down the road.

Wait,,,,am I making the case against the cheapster option?

This is becoming the same difficulty I have with wrapping my head around Quantum Physics. )
Old 02-24-2021, 11:58 AM   #47

Trailer: Still Looking
Watch out for seagulls in Bodega Bay!
Jeforema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 12:13 PM   #48

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300
Some advice

A couple of warnings:
1. Avoid downtown Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Reason: antifa and blm "protests".
2. Avoid camping near the ocean. Reason: Expected San Juan de Fuca fault movement with resulting tsunami.

Recommendations of things to see:
1. Snoqualmie Falls I-90 east of Seattle.
2. Too early in the season to visit Mt. Rainier, but you will be able to see it as well as Mt. Shasta, from I-5.
3. Mt. St. Helens has a great view point 26 miles east of I-5. Follow the signs.
4. Multnomah Falls up the Columbia Gorge in Oregon.
5. Oregon has many stops along its Pacific coast with lots of great views. just don't stay overnight.
6. Black Bear restaurants. But be careful of huge servings.

Bon Voyage.
Old 02-24-2021, 12:29 PM   #49

Trailer: 21 foot 5.0 fifth wheel 2017
Good luck with that thought lol
Michael.Chadwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 12:34 PM   #50

Well Wishes

Oh my goodness. We made the trek from Savannah, GA this past September. We allotted a month to do it and wished we had a year. Cherish the time. It was one of the best times of our lives. I was nervous but my wife was the navigator, campsite finder, boondock researcher, encourager, etc. She was amazing. God speed and safe travels.

Frank
Kracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 12:47 PM   #51

We love our 5.0. The only drawback (and it’s not a huge inconvenience) is sliding in and out of the bed. But, we only have to do it twice a day. The benefits far outweigh the trouble. Also, we have an additional $1250 in the Anderson Ultimate paired with the B&W turnover ball hitch and we installed it ourselves with no prior experience. The 5.0 TA pulls almost effortlessly with the 2020 Chevy 1500 3.0L Duramax Diesel. Mountains.....no problem. Good luck and Happy Trails. Frank
Old 02-24-2021, 12:57 PM   #52

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
A couple of warnings:
5. Oregon has many stops along its Pacific coast with lots of great views. just don't stay overnight.
Question Roger.
One of our best trips was the time we spent camping in our Scamp along the Oregon Coast and we can't wait to get back up there and spend a month or two.
I don't really care about Fuqua's or Tsunami's, no way to really pick a date.
Why do you say not to stay overnight on the OR coast?
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:01 PM   #53

Trailer: On Wait List for 23. Deposit on 5.0. Currently Aliner Family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracker View Post
We love our 5.0. The only drawback (and it’s not a huge inconvenience) is sliding in and out of the bed. But, we only have to do it twice a day. The benefits far outweigh the trouble. Also, we have an additional $1250 in the Anderson Ultimate paired with the B&W turnover ball hitch and we installed it ourselves with no prior experience. The 5.0 TA pulls almost effortlessly with the 2020 Chevy 1500 3.0L Duramax Diesel. Mountains.....no problem. Good luck and Happy Trails. Frank
I don't want to hijack this thread....buuut, I am looking at the 5.0 with the same towing setup (2020 Chevy 1500 3.0L Duramax LT). Which anderson hitch did you choose, and can you lower your tailgate without hitting the trailer?
Steve S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 02:12 PM   #54

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21C
We are also looking at the mineral jet formica. If they send a photo that shows it installed could you post it? I always have trouble visualizing what small sample will look like over a large space.
Beekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 04:06 PM   #55

It depends on the angle of approach. Back straight in you have approx 8 inches clear with the tailgate down. I have the 6.5 ft bed. Extended cab.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:17 PM   #56

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Just in! More photos and looking almost complete. Interior just about finished, needing only Summit Ash cushions and Lagun table mount. Mineral jet formica looks great with the black Houzer E-100 sink and black stove and vent. Even the black trim on windows, furnace cover and fridge match. You can see a little of the Filgree Pewter flooring and a bit of the Summit Ash on the window valances. When we decorate with a rug, pillows, bed spread, etc. we can add considerable color to this bright and open interior.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210224_143615.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	53997

Name:	20210224_143621.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	53998

Name:	20210224_143625.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	53999

We installed rails in the bed of our 2019 F150 with 2.7 EB and 6.5 ft bed with Andersen 3200 hitch. With the vehicle specific kit both the Reese and Curtis rails install in the same spot - with the rear rail over the cross member support at about 30" form the back edge of the bed. Larger beds increase the length to the front of the bed, keeping the 30" constant. We easily fit a lockable Truxedo TonneauMate storage box in front of the Andersen and the whole set up is under the Truxedo roll up cover. With the Andersen adapter installed on the hitch box in the rearward position, it looks like we might have a couple of inches clearance with the tailgate down. I prefer this more compact arrangement and don't mind having to open or close the tailgate when we hook-up.

We installed the Curtis rails ourselves and the biggest problem (besides my aging body) was trying to torque the grade 8 bolts in the very tight space. When I brought the truck in to the dealer for its first scheduled maintenance they agreed to do the job for 1/2 hour labor. They told me that they had to search hard for a torque wrench and shallow socket combo to do the job. Diane and I are very excited to pick up our 5.0 on April 12.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:22 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bristol5.0 View Post
Just in! More photos and looking almost complete. Interior just about finished, needing only Summit Ash cushions and Lagun table mount. Mineral jet formica looks great with the black Houzer E-100 sink and black stove and vent. Even the black trim on windows, furnace cover and fridge match. You can see a little of the Filgree Pewter flooring and a bit of the Summit Ash on the window valances. When we decorate with a rug, pillows, bed spread, etc. we can add considerable color to this bright and open interior.
Attachment 53997

Attachment 53998

Attachment 53999

We installed rails in the bed of our 2019 F150 with 2.7 EB and 6.5 ft bed with Andersen 3200 hitch. With the vehicle specific kit both the Reese and Curtis rails install in the same spot - with the rear rail over the cross member support at about 30" form the back edge of the bed. Larger beds increase the length to the front of the bed, keeping the 30" constant. We easily fit a lockable Truxedo TonneauMate storage box in front of the Andersen and the whole set up is under the Truxedo roll up cover. With the Andersen adapter installed on the hitch box in the rearward position, it looks like we might have a couple of inches clearance with the tailgate down. I prefer this more compact arrangement and don't mind having to open or close the tailgate when we hook-up.

We installed the Curtis rails ourselves and the biggest problem (besides my aging body) was trying to torque the grade 8 bolts in the very tight space. When I brought the truck in to the dealer for its first scheduled maintenance they agreed to do the job for 1/2 hour labor. They told me that they had to search hard for a torque wrench and shallow socket combo to do the job. Diane and I are very excited to pick up our 5.0 on April 12.
Awesome!
Old 02-24-2021, 08:01 PM   #58

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21C
Very nice. Thanks so much.
Beekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 11:08 PM   #59

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
I wasn't overwhelmed with the trailer ETI showcased the new white interior, but I really like the color combinations you put together with the white cabinetry.
Excellent build out!
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:26 AM   #60
CLH

Trailer: 21NE
More pictures please of finished interior. Ty

Hello, we are in the process of picking our choices.
I really like your choices but can’t see the floor or cushions. Could you post more pictures when it’s finished.
The floor showing etc.
Thank you kindly
CLH is offline   Reply With Quote