New build pictures - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2018, 08:00 PM   #21

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I recognize your sunbrella fabric: passage poppy. I almost went with that. Looks great!
maiki724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:48 PM   #22

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Is that the new stove? I thought it wasn't coming in builds til April?

Your formica is beautiful.

Did you choose that particular table setup/pedestal?
Old 01-31-2018, 09:38 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape 21NE
Did you get the insulation package? It looks like both end windows don't open in your trailer.
MaryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:45 PM   #24
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryK View Post
Did you get the insulation package? It looks like both end windows don't open in your trailer.
Good eye. It appears from the photos though that these are the framed windows instead of the frameless, which of course means that the rear window is fixed and non opening. The front window is always fixed whichever style of windows are used.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:53 PM   #25

Trailer: 2018 17A
We had a similar table in our 1969 Cardinal and liked it. Consumes less foot space under the table. ETI calls it a "hinged table". Didn't cost extra.
On the stove: When we were "build-sheeting" our trailer, our rep said that ETI had received a sample stove, and would we like to see it? Since we were being pushed toward two burners instead of three, we took it as it seemed to add a little counter space. I think we'll like it.
It does appear from the pictures that the end windows don't open. Do they usually? I guess I didn't clearly know beforehand. It does look like the side windows all open, which will be nice. We chose not to get the insulation package. It seemed like a lot on money (even if it is only CDN).
We lucked into an accelerated delivery date, and ended up going up to Chilliwack for a visit. The visit was really valuable (we live in Seattle, so was easy).
I hugely appreciate all of the input I got from the Forum as we refined out choices. Thanks, everybody!
noblets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Good eye. It appears from the photos though that these are the framed windows instead of the frameless, which of course means that the rear window is fixed and non opening. The front window is always fixed whichever style of windows are used.
With our build sheet due Friday on the 17B we're sitting here tonight trying to decide if we want the insulation package or not and I came across these pictures. I do like how the side window opens on this trailer. Looks like the framed windows open further.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:59 PM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
With our build sheet due Friday on the 17B we're sitting here tonight trying to decide if we want the insulation package or not and I came across these pictures. I do like how the side window opens on this trailer. Looks like the framed windows open further.
They do open further, but it's certainly not clear that this translates to more ventilation. The awning windows may only open a few inches, but they open along the entire perimeter except the top. The only awning style window used in our 2015 19 is the small one in the kitchen, and it's the one we use rain or shine. If it were me, I'd go with the awning type frameless windows for two reasons: one, you can open any of them in the rain, and two, they just look clean and sleek.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:21 PM   #28

Quote:
They do open further, but it's certainly not clear that this translates to more ventilation. The awning windows may only open a few inches, but they open along the entire perimeter except the top. The only awning style window used in our 2015 19 is the small one in the kitchen, and it's the one we use rain or shine. If it were me, I'd go with the awning type frameless windows for two reasons: one, you can open any of them in the rain, and two, they just look clean and sleek.
I agree they look sleek and clean and do like the fact they can be open when it's raining.
Old 01-31-2018, 10:30 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by noblets View Post
We had a similar table in our 1969 Cardinal and liked it. Consumes less foot space under the table. ETI calls it a "hinged table". Didn't cost extra.
On the stove: When we were "build-sheeting" our trailer, our rep said that ETI had received a sample stove, and would we like to see it? Since we were being pushed toward two burners instead of three, we took it as it seemed to add a little counter space. I think we'll like it.
It does appear from the pictures that the end windows don't open. Do they usually? I guess I didn't clearly know beforehand. It does look like the side windows all open, which will be nice. We chose not to get the insulation package. It seemed like a lot on money (even if it is only CDN).
We lucked into an accelerated delivery date, and ended up going up to Chilliwack for a visit. The visit was really valuable (we live in Seattle, so was easy).
I hugely appreciate all of the input I got from the Forum as we refined out choices. Thanks, everybody!
In the insulation package the back window opens and inch or two. Agree the package price is expensive and we're weighing that right now. I love open windows, wider the better and just don't know if having a window that cracks open a few inches is worth the extra cost (included in the insulation package).
Old 01-31-2018, 11:16 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
In the insulation package the back window opens and inch or two. Agree the package price is expensive and we're weighing that right now. I love open windows, wider the better and just don't know if having a window that cracks open a few inches is worth the extra cost (included in the insulation package).
I can tell you the insulation package means cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. By that measure we think it's worth it. One clarification: the opening rear window is a function of the frameless awning style windows with the rear one being split down the middle - not the insulation - although Escape combines the two into one on the options list.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:31 PM   #31

Trailer: 2010 17B “MATT”, then 2017 19 “Lilly”
Quote:

One other advantage of the insulated windows, besides being warmer in cold weather and cooler in hot weather, is that they significantly reduce noise transmission. Very handy if the guy just over there decides to run a generator whenever he darn well feels like it.

Also, the insulated windows sweat less from condensation.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:40 PM   #32

Quote:
I can tell you the insulation package means cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. By that measure we think it's worth it. One clarification: the opening rear window is a function of the frameless awning style windows with the rear one being split down the middle - not the insulation - although Escape combines the two into one on the options list.
Yes that is correct - they are combined. I am sorry if I misstate that.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:42 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclifrickson View Post
One other advantage of the insulated windows, besides being warmer in cold weather and cooler in hot weather, is that they significantly reduce noise transmission. Very handy if the guy just over there decides to run a generator whenever he darn well feels like it.

Also, the insulated windows sweat less from condensation.
That is one of the things I was wondering - if they sweated less. Glad to hear that.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:10 AM   #34

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The secret to windows sweating in cold weather is leaving the blinds up where air can circulate with the glass. With the frame windows the metal frame can build up frost as it conducts cold to the inside, the newer frameless style does not seem to replicate that problem.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:28 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The secret to windows sweating in cold weather is leaving the blinds up where air can circulate with the glass. With the frame windows the metal frame can build up frost as it conducts cold to the inside, the newer frameless style does not seem to replicate that problem.
That makes sense as here in ND, taking off your screen windows during the cold winter months stops or lessens condensation on the windows.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:16 AM   #36

Here are the final build photos. There are 11 of them, so will take three messages. The ETI rep (Meagan) says that the trailer is finished in production and will move to quality control and detailing.
Attached Thumbnails
build photo 24.jpg   build photo 25.jpg   build photo 26.jpg   build photo 27.jpg  
Old 02-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #37

Here's the next 4
Attached Thumbnails
build photo 28.jpg   build photo 29.jpg   build phot 30.jpg   build phot 31.jpg  
Old 02-01-2018, 11:19 AM   #38

And the last three. It's looking gooood! Thanks for your patience.
Attached Thumbnails
build photo 32.jpg   build photo 33.jpg   build photo 34.jpg  
Old 02-01-2018, 11:36 AM   #39

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
WOW! It's beautiful!
Old 02-01-2018, 11:48 AM   #40

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
looks like the first new stove install photo, nice