Photo of door request - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-23-2020, 05:31 PM   #1

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Photo of door request

Does any one have a picture of the current door in the open position?
The way I understand it is that these doors will not open all the way. Can they be altered to open?
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 05:44 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
Does any one have a picture of the current door in the open position?
The way I understand it is that these doors will not open all the way. Can they be altered to open?
The doors have a 90 degree stop which can easily be removed with 3 screws removal. However you now need a door stop/holder. I purchased a suction holder and put a strap on mine to keep open.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:51 PM   #3

Here is a photo of the small suction in use
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0991.jpg  
Old 02-23-2020, 05:52 PM   #4

I may add a permanent stanchion once I determine a good anchor place.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:03 PM   #5

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Here you go. They switched to the 90 degree door just before we got our trailer and we were not thrilled with the thought of it, we like to have our front door open a lot. But after using it we are really happy with it. Yes, it does restrict the view a bit at times since it doesn't open all the way. But to us that is more than offset by the convenience of using it. It springs open when unlatched and stops at the 90 degree open position, no need to bother with the latch on the side of the trailer like most screen doors. And when we are inside, with the front door closed and want to open it and have just the screen door, it is really nice to be able to just pop the latch and have the front door open itself while the screen door stays shut instead of having to go outside to latch the door open.
Attached Thumbnails
Canyonlands NP Needles.jpg  
Old 02-23-2020, 08:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Here is a photo of the small suction in use
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
Here you go. They switched to the 90 degree door just before we got our trailer and we were not thrilled with the thought of it, we like to have our front door open a lot. But after using it we are really happy with it. Yes, it does restrict the view a bit at times since it doesn't open all the way. But to us that is more than offset by the convenience of using it. It springs open when unlatched and stops at the 90 degree open position, no need to bother with the latch on the side of the trailer like most screen doors. And when we are inside, with the front door closed and want to open it and have just the screen door, it is really nice to be able to just pop the latch and have the front door open itself while the screen door stays shut instead of having to go outside to latch the door open.

Thanks for posting. not sure i a fan i liked the stiff hinge door. I guess i have to try it and see. If it doesn't work out be another mod .
Old 03-08-2020, 07:23 AM   #7

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Exclamation door

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
Thanks for posting. not sure i a fan i liked the stiff hinge door. I guess i have to try it and see. If it doesn't work out be another mod .
If it works, we are prepared to like it..the door on our Casita was a pain..had to have a rubber bumper installed outside to keep it from banging into the sidewalls if a breeze caught it b4 I could latch it..
Then, if the awning was deployed, the outboard door edge had to be bungeed to the front awning support brace, to keep it from banging closed..and of course there had to be something soft jammed between the door edge and that aluminum brace..to protect that fiberglass door edge..always an annoying minor problem.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 11:15 PM   #8

Trailer: 21C 2023. Previous 2019 17B
We have this door as well. I thought it would be irritating and we would take off the bar but it works fine and I never think about it. It stays open really well.
Bcescapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:05 PM   #9

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
door

W have used the std door now for several weeks..like it fine.
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:40 PM   #10

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The doors have a 90 degree stop which can easily be removed with 3 screws removal. However you now need a door stop/holder. I purchased a suction holder and put a strap on mine to keep open.
As I understand it the latest doors now have a 120 degree opening, instead of the 90 degree one.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:43 PM   #11

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
If it works, we are prepared to like it..the door on our Casita was a pain..had to have a rubber bumper installed outside to keep it from banging into the sidewalls if a breeze caught it b4 I could latch it..
Then, if the awning was deployed, the outboard door edge had to be bungeed to the front awning support brace, to keep it from banging closed..and of course there had to be something soft jammed between the door edge and that aluminum brace..to protect that fiberglass door edge..always an annoying minor problem.
On my previous trailer, if the wind caught it, the door would swing and hit the outside stove vent. The outside stove vent was broken when I purchased the trailer because of that. Luckily, while it did hit the vent, it didn't break it again after I replaced it.
TTMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:48 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTMartin View Post
As I understand it the latest doors now have a 120 degree opening, instead of the 90 degree one.
Yes, they have moved the door attachment closer to door, perhaps 4" allowing a wider opening. I will attempt this change soon and check it out.
Old 07-21-2020, 02:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
don't you have the new 120 degree opening?
Old 07-27-2020, 07:54 PM   #14

Trailer: 2020 21'NE
Our 2020 21NE (built in March) door opens more than 90 degrees. Probably the 120 mentioned, although I didn't get my protractor out and measure. Here are a couple of pictures, one straight on, the other from the side.
Attached Thumbnails
Door.jpg   Door2.jpg  
tukwilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 07:38 AM   #15

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Door on the world!!!

Hi: All... I was always told "You make a better door than a window"!!! That's what standing too close will get you. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote