'Ping is born - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Visual Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #1

'Ping is born

We picked up our long-awaited 'Ping from the delivery room last Tuesday. I believe she is a girl but I haven't crawled underneath to really check yet. She is however toilet trained as verified by the "B" in her model number. I won't post pictures just yet because, at this point in her life she looks remarkably like any other 17B. 'Ping however has jet-black hair pinstriping.

The options we chose (and will become apparent as she matures) are:
1. permanent bed at rear (Escape provided the bed mattress instead of cushions)
2. custom burgundy/wine coloured fabric at front.
3. Himalayan Slate countertops (darker than the stock laminate)
4. preps for future gaucho bunk and air conditioner
5. front storage box (love it )
6. dual propane and dual 6 volt power
7. high lift axel (brings the height up to the same as my tow vehicle - looks sharp )
8. 5.0 cuft fridge (allows you to stock up on relatively "normal" grocercies)
9. Insulation and thermal windows (kinda normal for Canada)
10. removable power cord (cord stores nicely in #5 above)
11. screen room (easy to set up and a necessity in mosquito country )
12. exterior shower (for univited relatives and cleaning fish, feet, furry critters, etc)
13. random cabinet modifications

We have no radio, TV, CD player. If I want to listen to music in a campground, I'm sure the guy four sites over will have his music on loud enough for everyone to hear

After a week of driving on Washington's Olympic Peninsula, burning inexpensive American gas (from Alberta ), the only option that we should have purchased right away from Escape is the interior LED lighting package. I didn't realize that there where 9 light fixtures in the cabin.

I'll post some pictures when I have more "action" shots.

cheers all,
G
shanngord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Re: 'Ping is born

Congrats!

Sounds great - more or less the options I'll be wanting except for the permanent bed.
The 5 cubic foot fridge is a planned item as well as 2 way hot water tank, LED lighting and solar panel.
I plan to have a different laminate to go better with the stainless sink etc. Of course, I'll need a
different fabric too!

Can't wait to see some pictures of "Ping" which leads into the question on everyone's mind -
Is your tow called "Pong" ?
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBaranyai

I plan to have a different laminate to go better with the stainless sink etc. Of course, I'll need a
different fabric too!

Can't wait to see some pictures of "Ping" which leads into the question on everyone's mind -
Is your tow called "Pong" ?
Tammy has a large variety of laminates to choose from but don't provide factory options for fabric (other than what you can supply - she will tell you the yardage/metreage? you need. There is an upholstery shop within a mile or so of the Escape factory that can supply high quality fabric for a reasonable price. I can't remember the name of it though - it is right in town behind a school. They even offered to deliver the fabric if we had to order in.

In hind site, we would have liked the ss sink, stove, and hood, but we had to stop somewhere with the options.

We called her 'Ping because all the other good witty names were taken. The tow is called "truck".

Maybe I'll re-name my boat "Pong" , as in "What would you like to do on holidays, Dear? 'Ping or Pong?"

G
shanngord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #4

Congratulations on your trailer! I look forward to some pictures.

Dave
Old 07-13-2011, 08:07 PM   #5

Trailer: 2006 Escape 5.0

Yes, even though your 17B looks like everyone else's 17, it's still "yours"...and for some reason, it's just fun to look at your pictures. Congratulations, know you will have many happy memories.
Hokie Escape is offline   Reply With Quote