Arrival and Departure Checklists - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Tech > Documents & Helpful Instructions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-28-2017, 08:10 PM   #21

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
I do, however, have a couple of placards in the cab of the truck. For example, if I do not disconnect for an overnight stop and lower the stabilizers, I place the "Raise Stabilizers" placard on the driver's seat.
Now this is a good idea, especially for those actions you don't perform every time you set up camp. I normally don't use my stabilizers, but sometimes when it's windy I would like to put them down. But I'm afraid I would forget to raise them later because I don't use them all the time. A placard on the dash would help with that. Thanks.
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:27 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnet View Post
Here is a copy of our checklist, we are new at this and it has helped. We print out the Departure list separately and we still refining it. Thank you to all who posted your lists you might see some of yourself in ours.
I agree, great list David! Thanks.

Gary
garysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:29 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
After a while, it all becomes automatic. We have checklists that have been revised for each new trailer, but no longer use them. When we are ready to leave, she secures everything inside and I do the outside. But we both always do a final "walk around." I do, however, have a couple of placards in the cab of the truck. For example, if I do not disconnect for an overnight stop and lower the stabilizers, I place the "Raise Stabilizers" placard on the driver's seat. I also have a placard that when hooked up to city water reads "If leaving, turn off water." I keep that in front of the gauges directly in front of the steering wheel. Obviously, departure is more critical than arrival. When arriving, if you "forget" to do something you just do it when you realize it needs to be done.
Carl, those placards are a great idea. For the near future I'll be using a full checklist but I always carry Post-Its so I can make do.

Gary
Old 03-29-2017, 05:32 PM   #24

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas that you've all shared! I really appreciate it, and your ideas will make our new "trailer life" (starting a week from today!) that much easier.

Linda and I really thank you.

Gary
Old 12-03-2017, 05:53 AM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Checklists

Checklist are a good thing, they were part of my life for 23 years and it seems they still need to be. As far as placards go anytime I'm changing oil, differential fluids or any other type of maintenance here at home I have placards for the seat/steering wheel. Years ago my then two year old daughter had me sidetracked while changing the oil in an old truck. After I had put about three quarts of oil in I noticed oil on the floor, yep forgot to put the drain plug in.

Checklist lists are good, thanks for the postings.

We aren't even newbies yet, will pick our 21 on the 9th of Dec.
Snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote