Escape Trailer Videos - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2019, 01:55 PM   #1

Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer
Smile Escape Trailer Videos

For those who might want the Escape trailer videos and may not know how to get them off youtube.

I am putting these in my dropbox storage so while they are in there anyone can access. I am taking all these videos and putting them on a thumb drive so in the event of a problem, and no internet I have access to them.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ecznz3wfy...VEDHmGpNa?dl=0
cdmixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 01:58 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The thumb drive is a great idea, we were without internet for past 10 days.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:47 AM   #3

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Thank you so much! I plan to download them to a thumb drive today.

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:39 PM   #4

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Full Quiver"; 2018 Ford F 150 3.0l Turbodiesel
Send a message via MSN to Berndad Send a message via Yahoo to Berndad
Thanks!
Berndad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:53 AM   #5
gbb

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Thanks! On my jumpdrive ready for the trip to pickup our Escape
gbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 09:56 AM   #6

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Wonderful, thanks for doing this! I have them all on my laptop now and it will be great to have them along in case we have a problem out in the boonies.

For those of us who are several steps below wizard level in the technology department, how do you download a YouTube video? I'm guessing it takes special software, I don't see any way to do it on YouTube.
Old 06-03-2019, 04:05 PM   #7

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
For those of us who are several steps below wizard level in the technology department, how do you download a YouTube video? I'm guessing it takes special software, I don't see any way to do it on YouTube.
YouTube certainly doesn't want you to download any content, since their business model depends on users repeatedly watching content from their servers; they allow it, but only for Premium members and for mobile users in certain locations "for offline playback during periods of low or no connectivity". Those locations are most countries on the planet, but not the U.S. or Canada, and even there it is only for mobile users of the app, and the downloaded videos expire after two days.

There are lots of third-party software tools to capture local copies of videos from YouTube without paying YouTube for a premium subscription; just at a guess, I suspect that lots of them contain malware, since they are inherently illegitimate.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 04:27 PM   #8
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
There's plenty of online converters where you can convert YouTube videos to MP3 and those can be stored/archived on your computer. Here's one: https://www.onlinevideoconverter.com/mp3-converter
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 04:41 PM   #9

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Good example: do a Google search for "malware in onlinevideoconverter" and you'll find reports of adware from that site.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 05:03 PM   #10
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Good example: do a Google search for "malware in onlinevideoconverter" and you'll find reports of adware from that site.
Most recent complaint was from more than a year ago. I've used it with zero issues, but it always behooves an individual to PRACTICE SAFE COMPUTING. If you don't wish to use that one, try another. There's a bunch.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:40 AM   #11

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmixer View Post
For those who might want the Escape trailer videos and may not know how to get them off youtube.

I am putting these in my dropbox storage so while they are in there anyone can access. I am taking all these videos and putting them on a thumb drive so in the event of a problem, and no internet I have access to them.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ecznz3wfy...VEDHmGpNa?dl=0
Never heard of Dropbox before I read this. I went to your site and there was a 'Download' object in the upper right corner of the form but it wouldn't work for me. I selected an Escape video and clicked the Download option but no joy. It flicked for a second and I think I saw two drop down options but not sure.

Thinking I might need a Dropbox account for this to work so I created a Dropbox account following the instructions and it created a Dropbox folder on my hard drive. Still the flicker when video selected for download.

I just brought up my Dropbox folder with File Explorer and sent the escape videos from your site with the videos to my Dropbox folder. Still no idea why I couldn't use the Download feature but I got the Videos.

Thanks! Great having them locally.
Old 06-06-2019, 11:16 PM   #12

Trailer: August 2017 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by 75thRanger View Post
Never heard of Dropbox before I read this. I went to your site and there was a 'Download' object in the upper right corner of the form but it wouldn't work for me. I selected an Escape video and clicked the Download option but no joy. It flicked for a second and I think I saw two drop down options but not sure.

Thinking I might need a Dropbox account for this to work so I created a Dropbox account following the instructions and it created a Dropbox folder on my hard drive. Still the flicker when video selected for download.

I just brought up my Dropbox folder with File Explorer and sent the escape videos from your site with the videos to my Dropbox folder. Still no idea why I couldn't use the Download feature but I got the Videos.

Thanks! Great having them locally.
I've had good luck with right-clicking on each video and "copy to new tab" then downloading from each tab, the individual videos. Am just now having trouble with the last three, but suspect it's my internet speed at this time of evening.

(I was unable to get results with the Download button for the whole file also; but, am able to download them individually by moving them into their own tab)

Hope this works for you as well!
sumac.rhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 11:19 PM   #13

Trailer: August 2017 17b
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmixer View Post

Thank you so much for making this possible! I'd been wondering how I was going to down load them from Youtube. This is great!

(Just curious: Was there a #4 and #8?)
sumac.rhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:37 AM   #14

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19"
Thanks for your very thoughtful, useful post of these videos. I'm sure they will come in handy. I'm putting them in my Dropbox as well as on a memory stick.
Selfdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:00 PM   #15

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Very helpful - thanks. Does anyone know if there are videos somewhere that walk through greasing hubs and adjusting trailer brakes?
Bbawt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:01 PM   #16

Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer
Sorry I just looked all Escapes videos are in the folder. Not sure if they were numbered wrong since some of the videos were older videos.
cdmixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 09:27 PM   #17

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbawt View Post
Very helpful - thanks. Does anyone know if there are videos somewhere that walk through greasing hubs and adjusting trailer brakes?
These should help

Old 06-12-2019, 09:58 PM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Thanks!
Bbawt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:27 PM   #19

Trailer: Escape 21 2018 "Gypsy Cat"
Thumbs up ETI videos #4 "Exit window & thermostat" and #8 "Shower"

Many thanks to cdmixer for converting the ETI videos so that they can be carried on a thumb drive and viewed offline when camping without internet access.

When looking at the ETI YouTube channel, the number of files matches those posted to cdmixer's dropbox folder, but their are two files in the dropbox that are not on the YouTube channel. These are "2019 Escape Fiberglass Trailers & 5th Wheel" and "Escape Orientation Video" I believe this accounts for the confusion regarding videos #4 "Exit Window &Thermostat" and #8 "Shower," which are not yet in the dropbox folder...

Video #8 "Shower" includes an important point about opening the bathroom vent fan (by pushing up and pulling down) that was news to me...

Thanks!
MadCAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 12:02 AM   #20

Trailer: 2019 E19
Send a message via MSN to Lynda Send a message via Yahoo to Lynda
Dropbox not working? I'm getting a 404 error....
Lynda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fix, training, video, videos