2010 Escape 17B in Texas - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2022, 08:27 AM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
2010 Escape 17B in Texas

2010 ESCAPE 17B

We have owned this trailer since 2019 and have enjoyed it immensely. We have taken it from Texas to the West Coast and back as well as a recent trip to Goose Island SP without problems, and know of no problems with it now. Anything that needed replacement or repair we did as soon as we became aware. We like it so well we have a 21C on order.

Located near Austin, TX

Considering Offers over $20,500. Please reply via dm this site.

Original Equipment:
1. Air Conditioner
2. 3 Burner Stove (With cover)
3. Bike Rack Ready (With wiring for 4 prong plug)
4. Two 6 Volt Batteries
5. Dual Propane Tanks (nearly full)
6. Propane Furnace with Fan and Thermostat
7. Interior 110 Volt Outlet (2)
8. Exterior 110 Volt Outlet
9. Exterior Shower
10. Propane Quick Disconnect
11. Exterior Hatch (Passenger side, rear)
12. Propane Hot Water Heater
13. Thermal Windows (As available at time of build)
14. Cable TV Ready
16. 12 Volt Interior Outlets (3)
17. 5 Cu Ft Two Way Fridge (Apparently replaced around 2013)
19. 95 Watt Solar Panel With Controller
20. LED Lights (Interior and Exterior)
21. MAXFAN Ventilating Fan
22. Snaps for Screen Room (Do not have screen room itself)
23. Rain guard on rear sliding window.

In the time we have owned it we have:
1. Installed Aluminum Equipment Box on Tongue
2. Replaced Batteries (Two 6 Volt T-105 Trojan golf cart batteries)
3. Upgraded Solar Controller: Go Power with Bluetooth
4. Replaced Stove Fan with super quiet FOP SAM-1
3. Replaced Fabric on retractable Screen Door
4. Replaced Awning Fabric
5. Installed New Custom Flooring
6. New Wheels and Tires
7. New Wheel Bearings
8. New Rhinoflex Sewer Hose with New 6” storage tube
9. Inside/Outside Thermometer
10. Magnetic Knife Rack
11. Replaced Water Heater Anode.

We have used the rear larger dinette as a permanent bed, it is ready for a custom mattress. We do not have the base mounts, though we do have the metal posts. Replacement base mounts are readily available if one wants to use it as a dinette.

The rear window was somewhat foggy when we purchased the trailer, but it does not seem to be getting any worse.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220426_164444260_HDR(1).jpg
Views:	121
Size:	341.8 KB
ID:	62465

Name:	IMG_20220426_164506496(1).jpg
Views:	102
Size:	287.7 KB
ID:	62466

Name:	IMG_20220426_164523676_HDR(1).jpg
Views:	86
Size:	386.8 KB
ID:	62467

Name:	IMG_20220426_164620668(1).jpg
Views:	112
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	62468

Name:	IMG_20220426_164627443(2).jpg
Views:	128
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	62469

Name:	IMG_20220426_164712425(1).jpg
Views:	124
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	62470
Old 05-05-2022, 08:41 AM   #2

I am not sure why there have been no comments or questions on our 17B, but just in case anyone wants direct contact I now have a specific email for the trailer: QShip46@gmail.com.

Postings here are also welcome, of course.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:05 AM   #3

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Mike: You might also consider posting on fiberglass-rv-4sale. That site gets a lot of traffic and there are many folks that might be looking to upgrade from an older Casita, Scamp, etc.
https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/
Old 05-05-2022, 11:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Mike: You might also consider posting on fiberglass-rv-4sale. That site gets a lot of traffic and there are many folks that might be looking to upgrade from an older Casita, Scamp, etc.
https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/

Thanks, Rubicon, I did not know of the site. It is done.
Old 05-05-2022, 05:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marant View Post
Thanks, Rubicon, I did not know of the site. It is done.
Mike: I took a look at your ad and noticed that the email is likely incorrect. On this ad you have “QShip46” and on fiberglass-RV-4sale you have just “QShip”. Prospective buyers will be unable to contact you.
https://www.fiberglass-rv-4sale.com/...good-condition
Old 05-05-2022, 06:53 PM   #6

Thanks, I fixed it. Not used to that address yet.
Old 05-07-2022, 08:01 AM   #7

Price reduced: $19,950
Old 05-12-2022, 07:59 AM   #8

I find the process of selling our 17B very interesting. It has been viewed on this site alone (posted elsewhere also) more than 700 times, but very little in the way of questions or proposals. Given the recent history of Escape trailers selling very quickly I wonder if:

1. The price is still too high, even after reducing it to $19,950. Looking at the price of other similar Escapes and given the work we have done to it I thought this was reasonable, but maybe not.

2. The fact that it is in Texas is a problem? Based upon windshield survey there are fewer trailers (and almost no Escapes) in Texas. Maybe Texans are just not as 'into' trailers as other areas in the country. Too far away from other potential purchasers?

3. May have just missed the economic window on used RV's? Between the current anxiety over inflation and soaring gas prices it may be that potential buyers are just not willing to risk a purchase right now.

Just idle musings.
Old 05-12-2022, 08:21 AM   #9

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Contact a moderator if you wish to change your price.....
Old 05-12-2022, 08:27 AM   #10

I changed the price earlier in an inline post. Is that not the correct method?
Old 05-12-2022, 08:28 AM   #11

Trailer: 2012 E19
I do think there is a bit less 'pressure' to buy at this time; it seemed to me that, for the last couple of months, ads for Escapes took longer to get marked sold than before. Not sure but I think sales of RVs in general are slowing somewhat, not saying "a lot" but somewhat. A softer market means lower prices.

Personally, I'm keeping eyes open for an affordable used 17B, and I'm not far from TX, but foggy windows and white-painted cabinets are significant minuses. That's just me, though. I guess windows can be replaced, but the cabinets.... I want that 'wooden cabin in the woods' feel.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:05 AM   #12

[QUOTE=Mike G;420036]I do think there is a bit less 'pressure' to buy at this time; it seeed to me that, for the last couple of months, ads for Escapes took longer to get marked sold than before. Not sure but I think sales of RVs in general are slowing somewhat, not saying "a lot" but somewhat. A softer market means lower prices.

Personally, I'm keeping eyes open for an affordable used 17B, and I'm not far from TX, but foggy windows and white-painted cabinets are significant minuses. That's just me, though. I guess windows can be replaced, but the cabinets.... I want that 'wooden cabin in the woods' feel.[/QUOTE

Mike G, thanks for your response. Your points are certainly valid. Any purchase such as this is primarily driven by personal considerations.

btw, the rear window is Hehr #5984-20x48, available from a division of Lippert called Duncan Direct Sales. I did not pursue it to actually get a price.
Old 05-12-2022, 10:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by marant View Post
The fact that it is in Texas is a problem? Based upon windshield survey there are fewer trailers (and almost no Escapes) in Texas. Maybe Texans are just not as 'into' trailers as other areas in the country. Too far away from other potential purchasers?
Purely speculation but given your location I imagine you are competing with a lot of 16 and 17' Casitas in that area. Escape is lesser known down there and there may not be enough differentiation for many buyers. But it is a regional if not national market more or less and I am surprised fiberglass-rv-4sale hasn't garnered more interest. I think you are also on to something about inflation and gas prices starting to cool the RV market a bit. Just hang in there and the right buyer will surely be coming along.
Old 05-12-2022, 12:03 PM   #14

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Hello 17 B in Texas.
Your trailer will sell.It is all about timing.Don't drop the price any more.The right buyer will be along.It only takes one party that likes your unit.Sold our 2005 backin 2016.Was told too old too high a price.Got a
price from the right person that two years later sold the unit because of failing health for four thousand dollars more than he paid me.
Take care.
Allan.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:26 PM   #15

Trailer: Casita ... for now ...
Just my two cents ... you might take a look at your competition. There are several Casitas for sale in TX around your same price point. Some of them are in newer/better condition. There are lots of Escape owners in TX so unfamiliarity with the brand isn't a problem.
Old 05-12-2022, 04:43 PM   #16

Trailer: Escape 15A
IMO, it is mostly #3. The demand bubble has burst. IMO.
Old 05-13-2022, 10:07 AM   #17

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
I think the low-hanging fruit if you want this trailer sold, would be to replace the window and set the rear dinette back up with the missing parts to make it a dining booth again, OR, set it up with a real mattress, whichever appeals to you more. Seat cushions as a sleeping bed don’t look very appealing.

There’s probably nothing you can do about the painted cabinets but if you could attach some veneer to make them match the rest of the trailer you would have restored it to “Very Good” condition :-) Otherwise it looks a little bit “Scamp” with the white and wood combination.

The stove would be more attractive without the side shields.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:30 AM   #18

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15 B. Room4Two
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small but Sweet View Post
I think the low-hanging fruit if you want this trailer sold, would be to replace the window and set the rear dinette back up with the missing parts to make it a dining booth again, OR, set it up with a real mattress, whichever appeals to you more. Seat cushions as a sleeping bed don’t look very appealing.

There’s probably nothing you can do about the painted cabinets but if you could attach some veneer to make them match the rest of the trailer you would have restored it to “Very Good” condition :-) Otherwise it looks a little bit “Scamp” with the white and wood combination.

The stove would be more attractive without the side shields.

I purchased a 15 B last year for more than you are asking. Most folks want turn key.
They don’t want to spend 20k and have to fix something. I think the above comment is spot on. Replace the window and re store te other items.

One reason we bought the 15 was that it was in the best condition of the trailers we looked at. There was nothing to fix , it was ready to camp .
Old 05-13-2022, 02:36 PM   #19

I want to thank all of you who commented, it is always helpful to have others point out things I am to close to or to vested to notice. I think Ghosthunter and Small but Sweet are spot on. I painted some of the walls pale yellow to cover areas where prior owner(s) had torn the paper venier off the walls when they removed adhesive hooks. I did not think I could ever match the torn areas and that they would just look worse. It is a definite improvement to the way it was.

I have ordered the table bases and by next week will have the rear dinette back to original and ready to camp. They were only $20, and I should have done it before listing for sale. Oh Well, live and learn (as soon as they are installed I will find the old ones!).

The rear window is still functional and we can still see through it fine. It is just kind of unsightly.

I also plan on posting better photos next week with better lighting. Let me know if there are any particular views you want.
Old 05-13-2022, 09:00 PM   #20

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
That’s a good warning to us all about the adhesive hooks ruining the veneer. It’s a real shame about your surface damage.

Do consider replacing the window to get the best sale price. Otherwise, it’s a little cheeky to imply in the ad "foggy window, no big deal, easily replaced" and not to have done so.

Your trailer will look good with the dining table back in place. Please share photos again when it's done!
Closed Thread