2013 Escape 19 - $28,000 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2022, 01:21 PM   #1

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
2013 Escape 19 - $28,000

We have decided to sell our beloved Escape 2013. It has been a great camper for us. My wife and I do aid work with a disaster recovery group called Samaritans Purse. We usually take our 19 as it is totally self contained and we can live it for a week with out any need for a hook up. Usually the holding tanks are the stopping factor. The last two disasters we could not find a place to put our camper, it was so bad. So, we have decided to buy a truck camper. In fact the company that owns Escape also has a truck camper side called Northern Lite. We are looking seriously at them.

When we bought it, it had every option available, at the time installed. No stove hood, just a light. I have maintained the bearings every year and replaced them two years ago. It has been stored inside until this winter. This is its first winter outside.
It was raised 3 inches from the factory, heated and insulated holding tanks.

We added a 32" tv that is viewable from dinette and bed. Storage box on front and 2" receiver in rear. We did the recall on the solar panel tie down. I swapped out the suburban stove for a Svea glass top with Piezo ignition. We added an electric tongue jack, which I am not it needed but I got a good price. It is in excellent condition. My wife is fanatical about cleaning. We have never had a mouse problem. We are asking $28000. I can send more pictures of inside. They are on my wife's phone.

This has been our favorite camper by far. It has been to a lot of places and served us well.
Pm me for more information. I am sure I forgot something.
Attached Thumbnails
KIMG0692 (Medium)a.JPG   KIMG0693 (Medium)a.JPG   KIMG0694 (Medium)a.JPG   KIMG0695 (Medium)a.JPG  
Old 01-06-2022, 06:12 PM   #2

Escape 13 pictures

Well, it looks like this forum has a crazy short window for edits.

Here are more pictures. We are also including the Anderson WDH and ball.
Attached Thumbnails
20220104_141029 (Medium)a.jpg   20220104_141050 (Medium)a.jpg   20220104_141106 (Medium)a.jpg   20220104_141226 (Medium)a.jpg   20220104_141244 (Medium)a.jpg  

20220104_141305 (Medium)a.jpg   20220104_141320 (Medium)a.jpg   20220104_141327 (Medium)a.jpg  
Old 01-06-2022, 06:34 PM   #3

Trailer: Eureka! tent for now...
Looks very nice. I came to the forum looking for a 17b in the future but after seeing the 19 I might need to broaden my view. Thank you for serving those in need.
Old 01-06-2022, 06:50 PM   #4

We looked at both and decided we liked the permanent bed and tandem axle. It is only two of us and the 19 was perfect.
The tandem tows like a dream.

Thanks for looking.

Jim.
Old 01-06-2022, 07:03 PM   #5

More pictures

These are pictures of the bed end.
Attached Thumbnails
20220104_141401 (Medium)a.jpg   20220104_141533 (Medium)a.jpg  
Old 01-07-2022, 06:34 AM   #6

Trailer: 2022 E19
Hi. Nice trailer!

I see that you have a backsplash that matched the countertop. Was that a factory finish? I'm not sure if ETI will do that now. Stainless steel seems to be the option.
Also, wondering what is on the ceiling in the kitchen?
Old 01-07-2022, 10:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender View Post
Hi. Nice trailer!

I see that you have a backsplash that matched the countertop. Was that a factory finish? I'm not sure if ETI will do that now. Stainless steel seems to be the option.
That was factory backsplash. Above the stove are lights. All the lights are LED. The rest is paper towel and command strip type holders.
Old 01-07-2022, 10:28 AM   #8

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fender View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetalkington View Post
That was factory backsplash. Above the stove are lights. All the lights are LED. The rest is paper towel and command strip type holders.
My guess is Fender is really referring to the picture of the aisle where it looks like an older style Dometic A/C unit on the ceiling.
Old 01-07-2022, 10:30 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
My guess is Fender is really referring to the picture of the aisle where it looks like an older style Dometic A/C unit on the ceiling.
Ahh, sorry. It is the interior portion of AC unit.
Old 01-07-2022, 11:18 AM   #10

Sale Pending

We have a sale pending on this camper.

Thanks
Jim
Old 01-07-2022, 09:01 PM   #11

Trailer: 2022 19 in the driveway
Before you leave, exactly where did you mount the tv to be seen from bed and dinette?
Old 01-07-2022, 10:42 PM   #12

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisT View Post
Before you leave, exactly where did you mount the tv to be seen from bed and dinette?

I don't know where he did, but the one I looked at, had their TV on a long arm thing. Guessing it would come out enough to hang around the frig?
Old 01-08-2022, 11:12 AM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Trials View Post
I don't know where he did, but the one I looked at, had their TV on a long arm thing. Guessing it would come out enough to hang around the frig?
On my 19 I mounted it on the kitchen side on the bed wall.

You can see how the swing arm bracket folds up against the wall and that it is through bolted. There is solid framing at the edges of the partition, no solid wall is necessary.

It's visible from both the dinette and the bed. Well, if you're a head is at the fridge side like us.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
IMGP0010_resize.JPG   IMGP0011_resize.JPG   IMGP0014_resize.JPG   IMGP0016_resize.JPG  
Old 01-08-2022, 11:23 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
On my 19 I mounted it on the kitchen side on the bed wall.

You can see how the swing arm bracket folds up against the wall and that it is through bolted. There is solid framing at the edges of the partition, no solid wall is necessary.

It's visible from both the dinette and the bed. Well, if you're a head is at the fridge side like us.

Ron
OK, I haven't decided which end will be head yet. But that thinner wall makes the whole trailer TV set up easier. But have to have 120 outlet & the cable there right too?
Old 01-08-2022, 11:43 AM   #15

Quote:
OK, I haven't decided which end will be head yet. But that thinner wall makes the whole trailer TV set up easier. But have to have 120 outlet & the cable there right too?
Well you've got your head at the kitchen side and your head at the fridge side believers and each side thinks that the other is wrong.

We always liked our heads on the fridge side, more like being in an alcove and away from any kitchen smells but it was never a major item. Whatever you do either way works just fine.

It also doesn't make any difference for mounting a TV swing arm. There's solid framing on the fridge side also. I think that visibility for two people is better if it's mounted on the stove side.

I use a 12 volt TV but power isn't a problem there are outlets are close enough either way. Cable can travel under the bed and surface where needed.

Ron
Old 01-08-2022, 12:38 PM   #16

Trailer: 2008 Escape 17B
Thanks for your work with Samaritans Purse! My Daughter and Son in Law picked up a Northern Lite Camper last year and have really been happy with their purchase. The one down side is that when every they go anywhere the camper comes with them. They are big bike enthusiasts so that has reduced the need to take the truck all the time and they have learned to plan ahead to reduce the number of trips.
Old 01-08-2022, 05:15 PM   #17

I mounted a board on the refrigerator wall. I looked in the access panel, from the outside to be sure I was hitting wood and not just paneling. Then I mounted my articulated arm to this board. We sleep with our head at the kitchen side of the trailer so we can swing it out and watch from bed. Usually by now my wife is asleep and it is just me finishing a movie.

From this position we can swing it out and point it at the dinette and sit there to watch. We use the outlet below the fridge to power it. I will add that I bought an arm that has a quick disconnect for the TV so we just set it on the bed, surrounded by pillows when we travel.
I used to leave it on the arm but hit a few hard bumps and didn't like it. It is a 32 inch TV. For short trips I have a 2" wide vecro strip mounted to the wall and velcro it in place.
Old 01-08-2022, 05:20 PM   #18

We just drove to the Northern Lite dealer today. They are roomier than I thought. My brother inlaw has a truck camper and he takes his off when he camps for multiple days. The ones were in today were off and I was surprised how solid it felt. My goal is to have place to sleep and not have 30 - 50 guys around me. There is always a snorer.

I am also heading into retirement, and I would like to get out to take photographs. I am thinking the truck camper will be the way to go.
Old 01-08-2022, 05:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Well you've got your head at the kitchen side and your head at the fridge side believers and each side thinks that the other is wrong.

We always liked our heads on the fridge side, more like being in an alcove and away from any kitchen smells but it was never a major item. Whatever you do either way works just fine.

It also doesn't make any difference for mounting a TV swing arm. There's solid framing on the fridge side also. I think that visibility for two people is better if it's mounted on the stove side.

I use a 12 volt TV but power isn't a problem there are outlets are close enough either way. Cable can travel under the bed and surface where needed.

Ron

In my Rialta, I was head next to a deep closet wall=to frig wall in 19, no wall & sink/stove other end. I liked being able to hang some little shelves I had on the wall. Bars on the front, so things stayed in.

So there are 12 volt TVS? Still must use a lot of power. So much learn about in here!
Old 01-08-2022, 07:07 PM   #20

Quote:
:

So there are 12 volt TVS? Still must use a lot of power. So much learn about in here!
There are dedicated 12 volt RV TVs but they tend to be pricey. Newer TVs have done away with the external power transformer but there's lots of used TVs that have the inline transformer. Junk the transformer, put a 12 volt cigarette lighter plug on the end of the line and you now have a very inexpensive 12 volt TV. They were so inexpensive that I bought two Insignia brand for about $60 US.

Our typical use is news if we can get it and a video some rainy nights. Power is rated @ 3.3 amps at 12V.