2015 Osoyoos Rally - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2015, 11:18 PM   #21

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Thanks Robert, I just ordered some Bug Melt. And thank you bouterse for sharing your problem. This is kind of what I am expecting when we get our new trailer home in Sept. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:26 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 21ft Escape "Spirit of the Plains", 2014 GMC Sierra with max tow package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Too late now but if you had put 303 Aerospace on before leaving, including wheel wells, you would have had a much easier time of it getting all of that off.
Will have to try some of that too. As we will probably hang around in some campground near Bellingham for a day or two, I would have time to apply some of this. Nothing like getting your new pride and joy all plastered up the first day. By the way Floating Cloud, I see that Bug Melt is made right there in your metro area. Loren
Loren & Cathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:31 PM   #23

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Try Bug Melt. It dissolves the proteins in the bugs and turns them into a mush, which can be easily washed off. No scrubbing that can scratch the surface, and it doesn't strip wax. I've used it on the front of cars and trucks with great results.
Great to know! When I drove through South Dakota a few years ago I had so many bugs on my windshield I could barely see out it after a very short while. I had never seen it that bad before in all the different places I've driven through. I'm gonna have to pick up a bottle of this stuff!

NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:33 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Now you know why our trailer was so buggy at the rally. We get home in a week and I expect more bugs as we cross the plains. Also, someone at the rally recommended 'Pink Solution'. The said it is often demoed at Costco. It is an enzyme based product. So I will have to choose a product and add elbow qrease....
LeonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:41 PM   #25

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren & Cathy View Post
Will have to try some of that too. As we will probably hang around in some campground near Bellingham for a day or two, I would have time to apply some of this.
303 Aerospace should go at the top of the awning also. 303 is primarily used on vinyl upholstery and the like. Remember the awning that torn completely off across the top -- owners said it was brittle. 303 would hopefully prevent that from happening. People also use it on the tires. We put it all over the fiberglass and never thought to use it on those other things. It will go on everything on our 21'. (Cannot use 303 with wax. One or the other.)
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:07 AM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19
I use Star Brite Marine Polish on our Escape. (Especially the front) I can't imagine how many coats are on the very front of the trailer. On our 6700 mile trip home from Chilliwack, I would go over the front every day with water and elbow grease. If I had extra time in the AM while my wife was getting the inside of the trailer ready to travel, I'd add some more polish. I've always looked at washing and waxing cars (and now the trailer) as just more exercise.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:51 AM   #27
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
Now you know why our trailer was so buggy at the rally. We get home in a week and I expect more bugs as we cross the plains. Also, someone at the rally recommended 'Pink Solution'. The said it is often demoed at Costco. It is an enzyme based product. So I will have to choose a product and add elbow qrease....
Leon, I've used that too with good results. Works similarly to Bug Melt. The enzymes dissolve the protein in the bugs. They offered it one time at Costco here, and I tried a small container. Haven't had any for years though, because Costco has this irritating habit of introducing a product in their stores, then you never see it again.

Melt you little critters, melt!
Old 06-14-2015, 02:21 PM   #28

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
Also, someone at the rally recommended 'Pink Solution'. The said it is often demoed at Costco.
Quote:
They offered it one time at Costco here, and I tried a small container. Haven't had any for years though, because Costco has this irritating habit of introducing a product in their stores, then you never see it again.
I have some Pink Solution. I find it inconvenient to use, but I should try it on bugs. Thanks for the tip.

Although we bought this at Costco, it was not sold by Costco. They usually have one company selling their product in the store, but directly to customers, not as a Costco product. It's usually clothing, kitchen items, or cleaners. I don't expect to ever see this sort of seller again, but some do have a regular circuit and return a few times a year.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:32 PM   #29

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21' pulled with 2014 Silverado Crewcab
Hydrogen peroxide works well. Lots of motorcycle folks swear by it. Takes out blood on clothes too. Saved a couch from a bloody nose. Its dirt cheap!

"Isn't it amazing how much stuff we get done the day before vacation?"
Zig Ziglar
skiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 09:21 PM   #30
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I haven't mentioned anything about attending the ETI rally... but I can tell you it was WAAAAY fun! I originally thought it would be a one-and-done, check it off the bucket list. I'm already planning a return trip!

Why... I didn't get to see the area or meet all the folks I had hoped to.

You know how it works, best laid plans of mice and men... go out and start to visit. Walk one site down and talk for 20-30 minutes.. five-six hours later you've only moved 10 sites! I had hoped to meet a TON of folks I've gotten to know here on the forums... like Jim (cpaharley) only met him when he approached me at Reace&Tammy's site when I pulled in, and Glenn.. at the Saturday night pot luck! Oh my stars, so many people to talk to... so little time.

Next time I go, I'll go for twice as long! Maybe stay someplace else so I can see the area around Osoyoos, then get into the park and meet the people during the actual rally.

I think I could spend a month around Osoyoss and not see everything there is to see, and spend another month just to meet all the folks attending the rally.

Very glad I went.. but still, there's not enough hours in the day for meeting the folks and enjoying the area. It's spectacular. And the rally... what can I say? It's all I thought it would be and more.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:19 AM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
... I didn't get to see the area or meet all the folks I had hoped to.

You know how it works, best laid plans of mice and men... go out and start to visit. Walk one site down and talk for 20-30 minutes.. five-six hours later you've only moved 10 sites!
Ain't that the truth. At Bluebonnet we had more than a dozen Escapes in attendance, and I thought it was going to be easy to meet every owner. Ha! Between talking to strangers who walked up, as well as those we talked with while showing the trailer or at the pot lucks/pancake breakfasts, we ran out of time. We benefited by being close to Reace and Tammy's site, but there seemed to be a never ending flow of people wanting to tour the trailer. We did meet Ranger Duke and Beverlee (just wonderful people) and got to see Steve and Cynthia from Boerne again (who had showed us their 19 when we were wannabes), but I wish we'd been able to meet them all.

Next time I'm going to give myself an 'inner clock' 10 minute rule, at least for the first meeting. Hopefully I can get to meet more folks that way. Once you get my blabbermouth started, it's hard to stop.
Old 06-15-2015, 09:01 AM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I found the same thing too Donna. I got some great visits in with a few people, but there was just no way to get around to spending much time with everyone I would have liked to.

Hey, at least you got more than your fill of me, travelling together on the wine tour.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #33

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
That is why I ride around on a bicycle, twice the number of people in 1/2 the time, that is until someone offers me a beer, then my bike sits for awhile.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:27 PM   #34

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
My thought is that the Friday night event might be better as an outdoor standup event on the patio. Maybe more opportunity to move around and mingle.

Glad the food tables were separated this year. It seemed to reduce the wait time for those last to be called.

Next year, those that don't bother to tell ETI they're attending should get to eat last

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 04:30 PM   #35

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
and I still have yet to get any poutine, at any place in town...
Old 06-15-2015, 04:36 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Next year, those that don't bother to tell ETI they're attending should get to eat last
Absolutely. Something like 13 extra trailers, which equates to at least 26 more people, showed up without registering with Escape. Remember last year Tammy trying to pawn off sandwiches for the ride home for those leaving on Sunday. This year they ran out. I did see a few people with very loaded plates too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
and I still have yet to get any poutine, at any place in town...
Next year then?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-15-2015, 09:29 PM   #37

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA has gone to a good home in Manitoba. Now Class B+ owners sadly not an Escape
Donna - I only saw you once - at a distance during the potluck. We had plans to visit some places around Osoyoos but never made it out of the park because we were too busy socializing. Glad you had fun!
I was also happy to meet Glenn and his lovely wife Leslie after a couple of years chuckling at his wry sense of humour.
Here's to next year's Rally! ��
Jim- I was one of the last people through and had one cracker, a melon ball and a brownie. I made up for it Saturday night at the potluck though. ��
Jan
Old 06-15-2015, 11:03 PM   #38
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Absolutely. Something like 13 extra trailers, which equates to at least 26 more people, showed up without registering with Escape. Remember last year Tammy trying to pawn off sandwiches for the ride home for those leaving on Sunday. This year they ran out. I did see a few people with very loaded plates too.

Next year then?

That's unfortunate to hear. These things work best when everyone is courteous, and not registering then showing up for the food is definitely not courteous.

Seems we had the opposite problem at the Bluebonnet Rally. Wow, the leftovers!
Old 06-15-2015, 11:24 PM   #39

Quote:
Seems we had the opposite problem at the Bluebonnet Rally. Wow, the leftovers!
To be clear, this was the Friday night meal that Escape provided. The Saturday potluck had lots of great food. Leftovers too, 'cept Lisa's Mac' n Cheese got devoured.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:13 AM   #40

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
Any other rallys in the west coming up this year? I missed most due to my trip to Guatemala. Next year this one is definitely on my list
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote