2017, Spring NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Apr. 27-30 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I've updated the participants list and map: 2017 Spring NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Apr. 27-30

THE Schedule of Events such as it is... This is the Spring NOG. While it's referred to as the Northern Oregon Gathering, I kinda prefer Not Organized Gathering.

Daytime hours are completely unscheduled. Feel free to do what you wish. Sleep in, look for shells on the beach, hike, go to town, play cards, sit-and-visit, etc., etc. As far as trailer tours, nothing scheduled for that either. If you see folks sitting outside, stop and chat and ask to see their trailer. I've found most folks have an informal open house.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG. I have a few items for the give away. If you have something you'd like to bring to give away Saturday night, that would be great. Anything trailer and/or camping is encouraged. You must be wearing a name tag to win! I'd really like to see everyone wear a name tag all weekend. I'm meeting some of you for the first time. Help me to remember your name, please.

FRIDAY NIGHT NO-HOST DINNER-ON-A-STICK: The roasting fire will be going at the meeting hall. I've reserved a fire pit from the park, they'll deliver it to us there. There are picnic tables for our use too. You may want to bring a chair though. This is not a potluck, bring everything you need, including your roasting stick. Fire will be roaring in the fire pit, come by anytime after 6:00pm.

The fun/funny stuff:

CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
7PM SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT

This is an "opener" event.
Bring a six pack of craft beer, trade one bottle or can for a different kind.

Everyone is welcome at anytime to anything. If you're not a beer drinker that's perfectly okay. Please join us. Beer/food is secondary to the good times we'll have around the fire pit.

SATURDAY NIGHT POTLUCK: Serving of food will start SHARPLY at 6pm. Come a few minutes early to get your food on the table before serving starts. Bring an appetizer, entrée, salad or dessert to share that feeds 6-10 people and your table service.

For the two events at the meeting hall/yurt, you may want to bring your lawn chair. Sitting outside by the fire pit is always preferable to being inside if the weather is dry and it's not windy.

The meeting hall/yurt will accommodate more people if we don't set up the tables for other than serving the food. Plan on using your lap as your table for eating! I'm also going to discourage small folding tables. According to the park, this venue will hold 50 people. We have more than that coming to the NOG. Lets try to fit all the people in that want to participate. I feel certain we won't have an issue if we don't setup a bunch of tables. We'll play it by ear!

There's a public parking lot adjacent to the meeting hall/yurt. Car pooling is encouraged.

Please, no pets at any of the food events

I'll post the most current weather prediction for the weekend on Wednesday, April 26. But plan for for any kind of weather. Over the years we've seen it all!

Hope this helps with some questions. Post if not, we'll get the question answered.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:48 PM   #22

Trailer: 2015 17A - Ready for more Maiden Voyages ....
Looks like all the trailer spaces are full for the Spring NOG. There are a couple tent spaces but I'll bet the Park won't let a trailer park in a tent space.

I'll try the Fall NOG.

Tom
Old 04-05-2017, 06:39 PM   #23

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Thanks Donna,

We will be at the Fall NOG but are skipping the Spring NOG to attend a niece's graduation. We have reservations at Beverly Beach Aug 21st for the Eclipse so will get to know that campground then. Perhaps next spring.
- Bremerton, WA
arniesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 07:57 PM   #24
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarvingHyena View Post
Looks like all the trailer spaces are full for the Spring NOG. There are a couple tent spaces but I'll bet the Park won't let a trailer park in a tent space.

I'll try the Fall NOG.

Tom
IF you'll fit in the driveway with both trailer and tug, they'll let you take the space. Plenty of us have taken tent spaces. In fact, for Fall NOG all the serviced spaces are now full and we're flowing into the tent spaces. Check the brochure here, and check the driveway sizes. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:58 AM   #25

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Free Coasters!

If you're coming to the Spring NOG, I've got a deal for you! I used to make coasters with handstamped images and sell them, but now I'm focusing on my clocks, so I need to greatly reduce my inventory of the coasters. I have lots and lots of coasters and I need the storage space for other stuff (like trailer things!).

I'm giving away free coasters - up to 10 per person/family. I'll bundle them up and fling them your way at the Spring NOG. I'll be in spot G9.

After you've made your selection, input the code "free coasters" in the coupon code box and it'll reduce the cost of what you've picked down to zero. Be sure to use the "pick up in person" option and make a note in the comments section that you're picking up at the Spring NOG.

Thanks!

My store - Under Kitty Supervision
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:38 PM   #26

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
If you're coming to the Spring NOG, I've got a deal for you! I used to make coasters with handstamped images and sell them, but now I'm focusing on my clocks, so I need to greatly reduce my inventory of the coasters. I have lots and lots of coasters and I need the storage space for other stuff (like trailer things!).

I'm giving away free coasters - up to 10 per person/family. I'll bundle them up and fling them your way at the Spring NOG. I'll be in spot G9.

After you've made your selection, input the code "free coasters" in the coupon code box and it'll reduce the cost of what you've picked down to zero. Be sure to use the "pick up in person" option and make a note in the comments section that you're picking up at the Spring NOG.

Thanks!

My store - Under Kitty Supervision
Then, if you have any left, you could bring some to Maryhill!
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:14 PM   #27

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Then, if you have any left, you could bring some to Maryhill!
Earlier today I found out about a pet/dog event that particular Saturday and I've just inquired about a vendor booth. Their deadline was yesterday (of course!), so we'll see if there's room or not.

So, I may be trying to make money instead of spending money that weekend. If I'm not vending, I'll post on the Maryhill thread that I'm not coming.

If you know someone going to both events (and I'm not), you can always designate someone to pick them up for you later this month. Hey, I'm flexible when trying to give stuff away.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #28

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA
So to determine if we fit, do I add driveway length to tent pad length??
Mark&Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:08 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark&Elaine View Post
What we've learned, for Oregon State Parks, is the number in parentheses under the space number is the site length in feet. Just add the length of your trailer to the length of your tow vehicle and try not to exceed the site length.

But you mentioned tent pad length, so if you have a tent the spaces we've stayed at have room for a tent somewhere on the site, usually at the back of the trailer.

Gary
garysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 12:12 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark&Elaine View Post
No. Tent Pads are usually off to the side of the driveway. Know the total length of your tug and tow and then check Max. Vehicle Length. I know I'm 32' IF I don't unhook.

If your trailer has a foot of clearance underneath in the back and there's NO tree right behind the driveway, you can often backup and bump the trailer tires on the curb. That may give you a couple of more feet.
Attached Thumbnails
Driveway1.jpg  
Old 04-10-2017, 04:44 PM   #31

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 "Lightning"
Spring pre-NOG on now for two nights. Campsite G11. First time here, Like the park a lot, varied spots and views. Being close to Newport is a bonus.
BCnomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 04:52 PM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
Spring pre-NOG on now for two nights. Campsite G11. First time here, Like the park a lot, varied spots and views. Being close to Newport is a bonus.
Wow, you at the very east end of the park. I'll be the other way for the NOG, far west out on the point. Hope the wind doesn't blow

Have a ton of fun!
Old 04-11-2017, 10:43 PM   #33

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
For those of you not familiar with the Newport area, here are some things to see and do:

Newport, OR | Travel Oregon
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:44 PM   #34

Thanks Donna, had a great time in Newport. New fav hang out: Local Ocean.

The storm wind did howl but the trees helped protect me. The puddles, that's a different story.....
Old 04-13-2017, 12:17 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCnomad View Post
Thanks Donna, had a great time in Newport. New fav hang out: Local Ocean.

The storm wind did howl but the trees helped protect me. The puddles, that's a different story.....

Meant to say that the little convenience store by the entrance has actual dry wood and kindling, if anyone is looking.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:39 AM   #36
Site Team

Leaving for Spring NOG in a few hours. This is the latest weather prediction for the Newport area. WOOOOHOOOO!

Safe travels everyone
Attached Thumbnails
Weather.JPG  
Old 04-27-2017, 09:32 PM   #37

Looks like we'll be there tomorrow morning instead of this evening. We sure are looking forward to the weekend!

Gary
Old 04-27-2017, 09:47 PM   #38
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysd View Post
Looks like we'll be there tomorrow morning instead of this evening. We sure are looking forward to the weekend!

Gary
If you're not going to make the park by noon give them a call directly, otherwise they can release your reservation and let someone else have the spot. 541-265-9278 is the direct number.

We won't make it tonight either.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 11:21 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
If you're not going to make the park by noon give them a call directly, otherwise they can release your reservation and let someone else have the spot. 541-265-9278 is the direct number.

We won't make it tonight either.
Thanks for the heads up, Charlie! I'll call them before heading out, and keep the phone number with me just in case.

See you tomorrow!

Gary
Old 04-29-2017, 06:05 PM   #40

We made it to the park Friday afternoon only to discover that there was a large (I mean LARGE) broken branch hanging down over the driveway. Thanks for pointing that out before we backed in, Steve! The branch was swinging in the breeze so there wasn't much holding it up there. Like Steve said, it wasn't a question of whether it would fall, but when. Not sure if it would have hit the car or the front of the trailer, but we weren't going to risk it.

I reported it to the office and was told that someone would be around to look at it. After multiple visits to the office reporting that no one had come by, I was told by a different person in the office that everyone was gone for the day. There were no other trailer sites available, and the neighboring parks were full. We headed back towards Portland but no luck finding another park along the way. I hope it was a fun time, and I'm sorry we weren't there!

Gary