2018 Fall NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Oct. 4-6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2018, 07:25 AM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
2018 Fall NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Oct. 4-6

October 4-6, 2018 - South Beach State Park

The traveling road show is once again on the move! The group decided to try South Beach State Park, just south of Newport, OR for Fall NOG 2018. Once again, a SP where we've never held a NOG.

Kathie (Dave&Kathie) and I took a reconnaissance trip on Wed. Jan 3rd to scope it out. What a great park! It reminds me a bit of Nehalem Bay State Park. Too, I was able to reserve the large meeting yurt for Fri/Sat nights. No folding tables or (not so) EZ-Ups needed for the group activities and lots of vehicle parking nearby. SWOON!!

We'll start reserving in D Loop and move UP the alphabet as needed. E, F, G and H will be closed by then by the park system for camping. IF you want a Yurt, there's some nice ones on the east side of C Loop (some are pet friendly). There's also a kid's play structure in C loop. IF you have a child and don't want to go to the beach to play in the sand, there's a big sand pit behind site D37, in that site. How cool is that?

This is definitely a bike-friendly park. You can ride from the park, through the day use area and then all the way to the South Jetty in Newport, along the beach and all on asphalt.

Be sure to checkout everything the Oregon State Park system has to say about the park. Find the information here including reservation information: South Beach State Park - Oregon State Parks and Recreation

The brochure here will tell you site driveway length (South Beach park information, general map with trails and campground map with site numbers): Photos, Videos, and Brochures - South Beach State Park - Oregon State Parks and Recreation

AND, check out Campsite photos for a picture of the site you want: https://www.campsitephotos.com/campg...tate-park-d001

As usual I'll keep a park map updated and a list of names going for those that have made reservations at the CasitaForum. Information here: https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...all-gathering/.

Be sure to let us know if you're newbies to egg gatherings and everyone start planning/making your name tags Post away!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 04:58 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 5.0 TA picked up in July 2017.
I reserved site D33. I'll be coming from Colorado.
SFDavis50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Linda and I will be in D31, arriving Wednesday.

Gary
garysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 11:32 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
As always, thanks to Donna! It was a fun expedition and a beautiful day at the beach (we should have been camping!). We will be in D-17, arriving Wednesday.

Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 01:23 PM   #5

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19 "Tortuga"
Steve, Cindy and Piper (Cairn Terrier child) all reserved up for D-26, 3 nights. Looking forward, as always!

This year we'll have to join the ranks and make a campsite sign! :-)

steve
flatpick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:07 PM   #6

oops

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatpick View Post
Steve, Cindy and Piper (Cairn Terrier child) all reserved up for D-26, 3 nights. Looking forward, as always!

This year we'll have to join the ranks and make a campsite sign! :-)

steve
26 ended up being a little short! we are in D-40 and my brother Robert is in D-39 in a SOB.

Looking forward to OCT! and all summer to enjoy the camping!

steve
Old 01-13-2018, 05:15 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
26 ended up being a little short! we are in D-40 and my brother Robert is in D-39 in a SOB.

Looking forward to OCT! and all summer to enjoy the camping!

steve
Steve, I'll fix the participants list and map, plus add Robert... is he bringing another adult(s)?
Old 01-13-2018, 05:20 PM   #8

nope. he flies solo most of the time. Gotta convince him he "needs" an egg! ;-)

Thanks!

steve
Old 01-13-2018, 05:38 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
nope. he flies solo most of the time. Gotta convince him he "needs" an egg! ;-)

Thanks!

steve
Got it!
Old 01-16-2018, 01:36 AM   #10

Trailer: 2012 Escape 19'
Dale and Margaret here. We'll be in C5 Thursday night through Sunday -- with bikes. Looking forward to it!
DMPortland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 12:07 PM   #11

Trailer: 2005 Escape 17B
First timers

We have had our Escape 17B since 2005 (first generation!) but have never done a rendezvous. We were planning a trip to the Oregon coast in early October and just learned about Fall NOG. Any chance there are still campsites available? If so we may join in. Please advise!
Thanks!
Art Nakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:13 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Hi neighbor, I live in Snohomish and will be attending the NOG. South Beach is totally booked for that weekend is so is Beverly Beach which is just down the road. I would get on line every morning and look for a cancellation, you may get lucky. The first NOG I went to I was camping in the area and just dropped in to say Hi and meet the people attending, this may be an option for you. You should try to attend, great bunch of people and trailers.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:16 PM   #13

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
You might try the Port or Newport RV park (https://www.portofnewport.com/rv-parks/rates.php). It's basically just a paved lot but is nicely kept and has great showers/bathrooms. Plus, it's right by the Rogue Brewery, and not too far from South Beach. They have the full-service/hookup sites, the older sites with gravel and full hookups and then the 'dry' sites. It's a pretty big place.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:25 PM   #14

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
So Donna Dee is the agenda still the same as spring NOG? Hot dog or meat of your course roast and beer exchange on Friday, pot luck on sat? Want to make sure I’m prepared.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 05:57 AM   #15

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Donna D. is on an extended "Bucket List" trip this year and I'm not sure of her whereabouts, but she said she would be out of touch for awhile.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:06 AM   #16

Donna was planning on attending and should be back in Oregon any minute.

As far as I know the activities will be the same and she should be posting them soon. Also, the Port Of Newport Marina is a great place to camp. As previously mentioned it is just a parking lot with hookups but has nice showers, a laundry and a beautiful view of the bay and bridge. Not only that but the main Rogue Brewery is right next door with a restaurant and you can walk to the Oregon Aquarium. It's only a few miles from South Beach.

Looking forward to a great campout!
Kathie
Old 09-23-2018, 09:25 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Nakis View Post
We have had our Escape 17B since 2005 (first generation!) but have never done a rendezvous. We were planning a trip to the Oregon coast in early October and just learned about Fall NOG. Any chance there are still campsites available? If so we may join in. Please advise!
Thanks!

Besides the Port of Newport, you might want to check again, somone was going to cancel C22 on Wednesday.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:25 AM   #18

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Here's better link to the Port of Newport (this one has a video): Newport Oregon RV Park Another nice feature is the city bus which runs a loop through town and the park is one of the stops. Plus, the bus ride is free to Port guests. It's about a 35 minute walk to South Beach State Park from the Port, via Jetty Road.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:30 AM   #19

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
Looking forward to the NOG! We're hoping to leave Wednesday morning, and there are several ways from Portland to get to South Beach. It appears that I-5 to Corvallis to Hwy. 101 is the best way but I've had Google Maps try and lead me astray in the past. Does anyone have any feedback with that route?

Thanks!

Gary
garysd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:36 AM   #20
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysd View Post
Looking forward to the NOG! We're hoping to leave Wednesday morning, and there are several ways from Portland to get to South Beach. It appears that I-5 to Corvallis to Hwy. 101 is the best way but I've had Google Maps try and lead me astray in the past. Does anyone have any feedback with that route?

Thanks!

Gary
THAT's the route I take Gary. It's a good route, easy drive. I hope to get out of town by 10am Wednesday. Safe travels, see you there!