2019 Fall NOG - Oct. 3-6 - Northern Oregon Gathering - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
2019 Fall NOG - Oct. 3-6 - Northern Oregon Gathering

Oct. 3-6, 2019 Silver Falls State Park (near Salem, Oregon)

Due a 'broken' website, and a number of phone calls by Kathie N. (Dave&Kathie) to ReserveAmerica and the Oregon State Park system, we're now able to make reservations!

People call it the 'crown jewel' of the Oregon State Parks system, and once you visit, you know why. Silver Falls State Park is the kind of standout scenic treasure that puts Oregon firmly onto the national - and international - stage.

There are a TOTAL of 52 sites with electric and water at Silver Falls State Park. Two in B loop are ADA compliant. There are four yurts in B loop with trailer site parking attached. Two of those are ADA compliant. There are 10 electric and water sites in A loop at the far north end. (see attached map). If you want to attend Fall NOG, do not delay getting your reservations. To view photos of specific sites: Silver Falls State Park - Campsite Photos and Camping Information

This should be a great time to visit Silver Falls State Park. Oregon's Premier State Park! http://oregonstateparks.org/index.cf...age&parkId=151

You can either make reservations online ReserveAmerica or 1-800-452-5687 http://www.reserveamerica.com/campin...&parkId=402235

Check out these sites for flower activities in the area: The Oregon Garden in Silverton, Oregon. Which also has "The Gordon House, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright." Oregon Garden an 80-acre Botanical Garden In Silverton Oregon Frank Lloyd Wright - The Gordon House - Home

The park doesn't rent/reserve shelters for use after Sept. 30. So, IF the weather is nice, we'll hold the Fri./Sat. meetups in my site. Otherwise, there's a couple of nice shelters we may be able to use. THAT decision will be made on SUNDAY, Sept. 29.

I've chosen site B3 and as usual will keep a park map updated and a list of names going for those that have made reservations here: https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...gon-gathering/
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 02:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018 19'
Hi Donna! Thanks for unorganizing this fun gathering. Can you please post activities, I can't seem to find beer exchange, potluck info.
Thanks,
Julie
Old 09-22-2019, 03:18 PM   #3
Site Team

PLEASE READ.

We do not have a shelter reserved. Reservations for day use shelters ends on Sept. 30. The major issue is everyone would need to drive to the shelter(s) leaving the campground empty. You'd probably want to put "stuff" away. Ahhh no. So the Friday and Saturday food events are PLANNED to be held at my site B3. IF THESE PLANS CHANGE DUE TO THE WEATHER, I'll post the information by NOON on Fri., Oct 4 at my site

I will post the weather forecast for Oct. 3-6 before I leave Wed. (10/2) morning. Look at the BOTTOM of THIS POST. Plan for for any kind of weather. Over the years we've seen it all!

THE Schedule of Events such as it is...

Daytime hours are completely unscheduled. Feel free to do what you wish. Sleep in, hike the falls, go to town, play cards, sit-and-visit, etc., etc. As far as trailer tours, nothing scheduled for that either. If you see folks sitting outside, stop and chat and ask to see their trailer. I've found most have an informal open house.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG. I'm meeting some of you for the first time. Help me to remember your name, please.

FRIDAY NIGHT NO-HOST DINNER-ON-A-STICK: You will want to bring a chair. This is not a potluck, bring everything you need, including your roasting stick. Fire will be roaring, come by anytime after 5PM.

The fun/funny stuff:
CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
6PM SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT

This is an "opener" event.
Bring a six pack of craft beer, trade one bottle or can for a different kind.

Everyone is welcome at anytime to anything. If you're not a beer drinker that's perfectly okay. Please join us. Beer/food is secondary to the good times we'll have around the fire.

SATURDAY NIGHT POTLUCK: Serving of food will start SHARPLY at 5pm. Come a few minutes early to get your food on the table before serving starts. Bring an appetizer, entrée, salad or dessert to share that feeds 6-10 people and your table service.

Always plan to bring a chair.

Please, no pets at any of the food events.

Hope this helps with some questions. Post if not, we'll get the question answered.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:38 AM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Thanks Donna!

FYI for all: the weekend of the NOG is the Silverton Sidewalk Shindig on Saturday. It would be a great time to visit Silverton (not too far from the park). And, of course, the Oregon Gardens are spectacular and include a restored Frank Lloyd Wright home (may be a separate entry fee).

Silverton Sidewalk Shindig

Oregon Garden
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:52 AM   #5
Site Team

The most current weather for the area is at the bottom. I actually searched several weather sites to find the BEST While it will be a little damp, it doesn't look like it's going to be REALLY cold. Thank goodness.

Looks like we'll be able to have the Fri/Sat food events in my site B3, but always standby for weather changes. As I said, I'll post at NOON at my site IF there are changes. No notice, no changes.

Too, several people have asked about giveaways, YES we're going to have giveaways! So, if you have something you'd like to donate, that would be grand. Please plan on bringing it to my site on Saturday when you come to the potluck. AND as usual, you must be wearing a name tag to win!

Safe travels everyone. Bring sun!
Attached Thumbnails
Weather.JPG