2019 Niagara rally - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2019, 06:06 PM   #21

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonB View Post
Hi Folks,

After stumbling across Escape trailers some time ago, I like what I read on this forum about the quality of the product and support of the company. My wife and I are definitely interested in a 5.0 TA but we're not quite ready to buy yet. Since we expect to make a decision next year, the Niagara Rally in September would be a great way for us to see the trailer up close and ask lots of questions without having to go to Chilliwack. Since we live near Hamilton in Ontario, this would be very convenient for us. So my question is: is the rally open to non-owners? We'd like to come for the trailer tours on Saturday morning.

Thanks, Ron.
Bring beer.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 06:45 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Beer

Hey don’t be saying that. People are liable to get the wrong idea. And the wine police will think we are subversives.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:01 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
Bring beer.
Hi: Telescopist... Niagara sure has some good craft breweries but they are out flanked by the wineries. Great camping too!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 07:27 AM   #24

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Telescopist... Niagara sure has some good craft breweries but they are out flanked by the wineries. Great camping too!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
I am flexible and can drink both.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:12 AM   #25

Trailer: Future purchase-Escape 21
Dave, my wife and I have made plans to drive up Friday night from Cincinnati to visit the Rally in Niagara on Saturday Sept 14th a.m. We are so interested in the Escape RV's but cannot find any in our area to actually see - so we're thinking the rally there is one of our best chances. We don't own an RV currently so we'll be in a hotel somewhere...is it OK of us to come that morning? Do we need to register or anything? Joe & Cindy
(just saw another post - looks like it's OK for us to come - wanted to make sure before we drive 7hours up and back)
wilkinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 11:28 AM   #26

You’re as welcome as clear dry cool camping weather. Several units show up as early as Wednesday or even earlier. Lots come in on Thursday with the balance usually on Friday afternoon. Many people are open to showing their trailers even in times not designated as trailer tours. The campground also has about a 10 unit motel attached to it out front that’s usually not full and sometimes used by prospective trailer owners. They have a website called Riverside campground and Motel. Niagara Fall Ontario Canada for clarity in case there’s more than one. There are also bed and breakfast places within walking distance nearby. Lots to see and do at the Falls. You’re welcome at the potluck on Saturday evening too. I know there will be 19s 21s and 5.0 TAs there as well as brands besides Escape. Bring questions and a camera. Looking forward to meeting you.
Iowa Dave and Rita
Old 06-30-2019, 11:50 AM   #27

Hi Joe
Well like always I forgot something and My bride reminded me that you will probably have to pay a “visitor fee” on the campground. Doubt this applies to her hotel but off campus she does collect for sure. It’s not all that much, might be in her website. You’ll get it back in spades with all the knowledge you’ll gain from experienced owners like Alf, Jon Vermilye and Peter Styer, to name a few. me not so much, but I will make you laugh at least once.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-30-2019, 01:44 PM   #28

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Joe if you cannot make it to Niagara there's also the Mississippi rally which I checked on Google is almost exactly the same distance from you. Lots of Escapes there too, even more than at Niagara.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 02:52 PM   #29

Just to be clear, because somebody told me they didn’t want to go clear to Mississippi for a rally, the rally is at Thompson Illinois, north of Fulton Illinois and across the river from Clinton Iowa. Home of our despised high school rivals “The River Kings” .
Iowa Dave
Cedar Rapids Thomas Jefferson J Hawks, class of 66. “The Glory Years”
Old 06-30-2019, 08:58 PM   #30

Trailer: Future purchase-Escape 21
Thanks Dave!
When is Mississippi not in Mississippi?...when you're talking about the river.
We have an RV Rental from Weds Sept 18th-Sept 28th out of Grand Rapids that we're trying our hardest to merge with this roadtrip to Niagara...it appears unlikely, but if Cindy can get Mon/Tues off we can drive up to the rally for Saturday and then across to Grand Rapids Sunday and start our RV trip 2 days earlier...Stay Tuned...
wilkinjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 09:16 PM   #31

Hope it works out. We drove 1600 miles to Colorado and back and saw 7 fiberglass trailers last week. 1 Escape, 1 Bigfoot, 3 Scamps and two Casitas. There were about 18 or 20 fiberglass trailers at the Rocky Mountain Rendezvous so rallies are a lot better bet than random encounters. That said, many people have asked to see our trailers at rest stops, restaurants and in campgrounds. Hope your vacation works out, and that you make a rally somewhere this summer or fall.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-10-2019, 04:21 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Just thought I should peruse the Niagara Rally thread to see what's happening. Glad to see that Jon Vermilye and his pies will be there. We have gone the last two years but haven't had the pleasure to experience the pies we have heard so much about. Already gathering some blue tarp item for the give away. We are looking forward to seeing old friends, meeting new ones, camper open house, the bonfire, pot luck and just a wonderful few days across the border. Only about 9 weeks to go.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:25 PM   #33

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Sorry we will miss it this year, September/October is pretty busy with rallies and we had to choose. Algonac and Mississippi this year, Niagara next year.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:27 PM   #34

Wilkinjoe, We are between Cleveland and Akron if you can't make the Niagara Rally and want to check out our 19 sometime. You will definitely be welcomed at the rally. You would be hard pressed to find a better, friendlier, more accommodating group of folks.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:38 PM   #35

Hi Ralph
I have had a slice of Jon’s pie a couple times. It is very very good indeed. The last couple times I had the opportunity to get a piece I felt guilty and left it for the next person thinking I had my share. I will promise you and the rest of the attendees that I’ll do the same this year. So hopefully you’ll get a piece of his pie. It’s not altruism, I’m trying to earn my way to and through the pearly gates at my advanced age. However, if St. Peter needs me to spell Czechoslovakia for admission I’m in, even if I don’t have my phone along. Probably no service there anyway. The Tarp is packed.
Longview was good but wet. Lots of pretty bolers. Johnny Cash coming from a blue tooth speaker singing “How high’s the water Mama?. “Hives are gone, I lost my bees, chickens are roosting in the willow trees, kids are playing in water up past their knees, three feet high and risin’.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-10-2019, 05:27 PM   #36

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Ralph
I have had a slice of Jon’s pie a couple times. It is very very good indeed. The last couple times I had the opportunity to get a piece I felt guilty and left it for the next person thinking I had my share. I will promise you and the rest of the attendees that I’ll do the same this year. So hopefully you’ll get a piece of his pie. It’s not altruism, I’m trying to earn my way to and through the pearly gates at my advanced age. However, if St. Peter needs me to spell Czechoslovakia for admission I’m in, even if I don’t have my phone along. Probably no service there anyway. The Tarp is packed.
Longview was good but wet. Lots of pretty bolers. Johnny Cash coming from a blue tooth speaker singing “How high’s the water Mama?. “Hives are gone, I lost my bees, chickens are roosting in the willow trees, kids are playing in water up past their knees, three feet high and risin’.
Iowa Dave
Well, I'll make at least two...
Old 07-10-2019, 05:52 PM   #37

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Ralph
Iowa Dave
Dave,
Reading your posts always brings me comfort, similar to listening to Paul Harvey years ago, simple times and easy going people.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:28 AM   #38

Trailer: 5th wheel 2015
We're booked for the weekend! This is going to be fun.
We are really looking forward to seeing everyone, our site #26.
Dori & Mena
DoriandMena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #39

Hi Dori and Mena
Looking forward to meeting you. Don’t forget to check out the “free tarp” on Saturday morning. One person’s treasure is another person’s treasure cause there isn’t any trash. If you speak French, stop by, I could use a lesson. And if you don’t stop by and say “Hello”
Iowa Dave
Old 07-22-2019, 02:30 PM   #40

Yahoo !!! Just a little over 7 weeks to go. Looking forward to another stellar weekend. Anyone have an idea how big of a turnout we are expecting this year?