2020, May 7-10: Pink Elephant Rally (formerly Pike's Peak, IA) - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2020, 12:07 PM   #21

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Leon,

I've been harping for a couple of years for you to stop in Potosi, on your way home from the Mississippi rendezvous. I believe last Fall I gave you a free brochure on the place. The beer, brewery, restaurant and beer museums there are 1st class,

I'm now going to go to haranguing you, in addition to the harping.

bon voyage
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:48 PM   #22

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Or a person could bring a Six or two of Potosi product
for a “tasty tasting”. We had a nice tasting at the Mississippi last fall, sipping some very good Courvoisier VSOP compliments of Steve Dunham.
The foolishness around the fire , lapping Fireball from Escape Pot Luck trays like dogs or tailgating college students wasn’t quite as classy.
Field expediency prevailed.
Iowa Dave
Old 02-13-2020, 01:33 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
Leon,

I've been harping for a couple of years for you to stop in Potosi, on your way home from the Mississippi rendezvous. I believe last Fall I gave you a free brochure on the place. The beer, brewery, restaurant and beer museums there are 1st class,

I'm now going to go to haranguing you, in addition to the harping.

bon voyage
Tom, you have more than convinced me that it is a great place to see. hence the bike tour planning. I may even stop there after seeing a pink elephant or two...
Old 02-13-2020, 02:55 PM   #24

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
You have it backwards, you stop first and after a few, you start seeing pink elephants.....
Old 02-19-2020, 11:06 AM   #25

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
I hope to go. If we make it... we'll be the S.O.B. in a truck camper, having sold our beloved Escape and the Casita before that.

Hey the walls are fiberglass...

any other Escape forum people going?

2020, May 7-10: Pink Elephant Rally (formerly Pike's Peak, IA)

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:05 PM   #26

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
I know of 6 Escape rigs showing up. 4 21'ers. & 2 19's. You do not have to show up with a fiberglass trailer....just show up
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 01:51 PM   #27

And just registered, a 5.0 from St Louis. Just around the corner from three wild and crazy guys from Wisconsin in 48. They’ll need some electricity to charge their bicycles up. And boy howdy, will they ever if they ride uphill from Mcgregor. As a side note the Prairie Farmer Trail in Iowa, The Root River Trail in southern Minnesota and the Famous Elroy Sparta Trail in SW Wisconsin, are all within easy driving distance from Pikes Peak. Also the main road through Yellow River State Forest Is all paved too. I’ll have a couple spare Iowa Bicycle Trail maps along , that my old boss, now the Secretary of State made up for me.
Iowa Dave
Old 02-19-2020, 02:31 PM   #28

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Site #25

I've reserved site #25 arriving on May 7 and departing on May 10.

Hopefully, the drive will be uneventful as long as I avoid I29 and the traffic cameras near Sioux City.
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 04:53 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryB. View Post
I've reserved site #25 arriving on May 7 and departing on May 10.

Hopefully, the drive will be uneventful as long as I avoid I29 and the traffic cameras near Sioux City.
I was not aware that I29 nor Sioux city was anywhere near Pikes Peak and the Mississippi river....?
Old 02-19-2020, 07:48 PM   #30

Trailer: 2023 21C' Escape
Pink

Iowa Dave - We have reserved site 56 starting the 7th. I missed the registration form
Cyclones forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 08:19 PM   #31

Hi Jeff and Carol
Hey there’s nothing wrong with 56. Not hard to get into, and not a bad little walk to the restroom and shower house. I’m sure you’ll enjoy that site, the park and the area. I’ve been going up that way for better than 50 years and I have a new experience about every time I go. As you pull into the campground the water to fill your tanks is about across from the restroom on your side of the road, if you run with empty tanks. I’m really looking forward to this rally.
Go Cyclones. All the way to Lincolnway
Iowa Dave. ISU Class of 1970.
Old 02-19-2020, 09:32 PM   #32

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
I was looking forward to the Pikes Peak (Pink Elephant) rally, but alas, my granddaughter's wedding is that weekend. I grew up in Allamakee County and love that part of Iowa. We have attended two Mississippi Rendezvous' and would enjoy seeing some of the old faces as well as the new.
Old 02-20-2020, 07:31 AM   #33

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Hi Dave!
Marti and I have site 7 reserved for three nights starting May 7. Looking forward to the Rally and perhaps a Potosi brew or two
John
jpwalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 08:04 AM   #34

Good morning John and Marti, who will be there in my old E19 "Prairie Schooner" now know as "True North", sorry to miss you guys, we are staying on the east side of the river this year....as we spent too much time with Iowa Dave last year.......
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0233.jpg  
Old 02-20-2020, 10:46 AM   #35

Hi Jim
Boy you can say that again.
Hi John and Marti
Glad to hear you’ve made a reservation. There must be about 10 Escapes registered. Which really indicates their increasing popularity in the midwest. But all in all Corky and Darlene and Kevin and Cindy have hit a popularity home run with an early spring, Upper Midwest rally. The covered shelter with fireplace Is a nice meeting place and a great plus and the social nature of campers in general makes this a great rally.
Glad to hear you’re going to be there .
Iowa Dave
Old 02-20-2020, 11:49 AM   #36

I think this CG is a lot nicer than the river bottom site you guys had last September, every rain drop stayed in the cg....
Old 02-20-2020, 12:19 PM   #37

It’s a nice setup Jim, in the respect that the roads and area to the west for several miles are all “high ground
so access is available from the west no matter how hard it rains. And the area to the East is 500 feet downhill. The park area we are using is on the highest ridge. NE Iowa does endure some nasty flash floods. We used to cable one end on the upstream side of our trail bridges so they would swing aside when they got blown off the approach pilings. One by one we raised the approaches and alleviated the problem. The ongoing development in the watersheds of the Midwest coupled with 6 100 year and 1 500 year frequency rain/snowmelt events in 20 years flooded things I never thought I’d see underwater.
Iowa Highground Dave
Old 04-12-2020, 11:49 AM   #38

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Copied off the Fiberglass RV Forum

Pink Elephant Rally Cancelled This Year!

After many days of discussion and news watching, Cindy and I have decided that we will NOT be holding the Pink Elephant Rally this year May 7-10 at Pikes Peak State Park. Travel restrictions plus grave concerns over the consequences of contracting COVID-19 are the cause of this decision.

If you choose to cancel your reservation, please take care of this through the reservation site at least 2 days prior to your reservation. There is a $5 fee at this time, plus smaller other reservation fees. Our total fees were around $9 for a 6 day reservation.

You can cancel at ReserveAmerica.com by logging in to your account. Choose My Reservations under your profile/name in the upper right corner, then click on View Details for the reservation. Your options in the upper right are "Change, Cancel, Print..." Choose Cancel and complete the process on this page.

We hope that we will be able to host this rally again in 2021 and all of this will be far behind us!

Take care and stay well.

Kevin and Cindy Anderson

Haven't made my decision on cancelling the reservation just yet.
Old 04-12-2020, 12:05 PM   #39

Trailer: ?
Reserve America Covid-19 policy

COVID-19 Reservation Guide
ReserveAmerica, Tue Mar 17 2020
As the COVID-19 pandemic affects our communities, we are proactively taking steps to support the needs of our clients and their customers.

Here is a list of the ways we’re working to keep you updated and tips to get you the fastest answer to any questions you may have.

If your ReserveAmerica.com reservation is impacted by a park closure you do not need to do anything. Your refund will automatically be returned to the credit card used to make the payment and you will receive an email notification of the cancellation.
If your reservation is for a location that is allowing transfers, you will receive an email notification advising you of the steps you should take.
Check with your park's official website for the most up-to-date information as things are subject to change. Also, review the Latest COVID-19 Park Updates including the changes we are receiving.
If you have further questions, you may visit the Help and FAQ page, start a live chat, or send a SMS text to 208-556-4238.
We are focused on continuing to assist the needs of our communities and parks that we are honored to serve. We encourage everyone to check back for updates as the situation evolves.
EdColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 12:19 PM   #40

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
Copied off the Fiberglass RV Forum

Pink Elephant Rally Cancelled This Year!

After many days of discussion and news watching, Cindy and I have decided that we will NOT be holding the Pink Elephant Rally this year May 7-10 at Pikes Peak State Park. Travel restrictions plus grave concerns over the consequences of contracting COVID-19 are the cause of this decision.

If you choose to cancel your reservation, please take care of this through the reservation site at least 2 days prior to your reservation. There is a $5 fee at this time, plus smaller other reservation fees. Our total fees were around $9 for a 6 day reservation.

You can cancel at ReserveAmerica.com by logging in to your account. Choose My Reservations under your profile/name in the upper right corner, then click on View Details for the reservation. Your options in the upper right are "Change, Cancel, Print..." Choose Cancel and complete the process on this page.

We hope that we will be able to host this rally again in 2021 and all of this will be far behind us!

Take care and stay well.

Kevin and Cindy Anderson

Haven't made my decision on cancelling the reservation just yet.
We haven’t canceled our rally reservations either , probably out of laziness and wishful thinking more than anything else .
We still plan on making our annual pilgrimage to Iowa this year , maybe this Fall .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote