2020 Mississippi River Rendevous - Cancelled - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2020, 12:30 PM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
I’ll bring along some Iowa road maps for others to take with them. I have a few of the bicycle trail maps and will get more by the rally. A fellow named Jim Conway was a Concrete Truck driver out of my past. He was talking to my Dad one night and said “Smitty, I think Martha (his wife) wants to get rid of me.” Why is that my Dad asked? Conway replies “She keeps wrapping my sandwiches in road maps.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-24-2020, 02:22 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I was a little embarrassed today when I went to the food store. I asked on the phone what did I need. their reply was all that was needed was a mask and gloves. They forgot to mention clothes also....
Old 03-24-2020, 03:29 PM   #23

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Ronn and Colleen,
Looking forward to it. Make sure you stop by for a libation carbonated or otherwise. We were down there a couple weeks looking around and saw tons of great migratory waterfowl. Some Shovelers and lots of Bufflehead.
Iowa Dave
Yes, or should I say probably. It could be a tough decision if Steve has his biscuits and gravy at the same time!!
What site do you have? I am sure it is a good one "We were down there a couple weeks looking around.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:41 PM   #24

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven M View Post
Got my reservation in for site 66 arriving the 24th and leaving the 28th. See you all in September.
Steve when I booked on Sunday 66 showed reserved from Tuesday to Friday, they must have cancelled or changed and you lucked out. I got 65 for Tues. to Sun. See you there neighbour (hopefully).
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 04:40 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Back in 2016 the rally was moved, due to flooding to another cg? Anyone remember the name of the place? I have to say, after seeing both places, I'm partial to the alternate. Thomson is too spread out over several loops and partial to flooding as evidenced by last year. Seems the other one had the nice stone pavilion with fireplace and bath house and the sites seemed closer to one another and no water issues.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:45 PM   #26

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Move the venue?

But then the meeting wouldn't, couldn't be known as the Mississippi Rendezvous.

Dave will chime in, but it was at a Scotts County park. Big place, swell facilities.
HABBERDABBER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 05:24 PM   #27

Scott County Park is part of, What else, the Scott County Conservation Board holdings. There are 99 counties in Iowa all of which have a conservation board. They manage thousands of acres and serve Iowans and the rest of the world. In my park management days I had A number of friends who were county conservation area officials. Their rates usually mirror those of the state areas. I’ve told the Scott county tour story too many times and I’m not proud of myself but if you camp with me I’ll tell it again.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-24-2020, 05:24 PM   #28

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Yes, or should I say probably. It could be a tough decision if Steve has his biscuits and gravy at the same time!!
What site do you have? I am sure it is a good one "We were down there a couple weeks looking around.
WE WILL BE SERVING BISCUITS & GRAVY - GOD WILLING and Iowa Dave gives me the okay .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 06:00 PM   #29

Biscuits and Gravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
WE WILL BE SERVING BISCUITS & GRAVY - GOD WILLING and Iowa Dave gives me the okay .
Gives you the okay? I’ll be there enjoying the fare.
Rita and I will again be hosting the function I named “Escapes and Canapés” as an “early bird “ activity Late Wednesday afternoon. More details later. But as always with anything we do, everybody welcome. To paraphrase from my Sunday school days, as unbelievable as that sounds, Bolers Scamps Casitas Escapes any fiberglass is all right, Iowa Dave and Rita welcome you to our site.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-25-2020, 07:19 AM   #30

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Thanks to this thread for reminding me to reserve a spot. We have site 63. Hopefully it doesn't include the inground pool we had last year.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1662.jpg  
Old 03-25-2020, 10:55 AM   #31

Trailer: 21' Escape - 2018
Martha and I have reserved site 56 for the event arriving on Tuesday the 22nd. and leaving on Monday the the 28th. Looking forward again to a wonderful time.
1Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 11:09 AM   #32

Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrandenstein View Post
Thanks to this thread for reminding me to reserve a spot. We have site 63. Hopefully it doesn't include the inground pool we had last year.
Hi Bob
Being the great photographer you are, I’m sure you were capturing the mirror reflection for effect. Did it actually rain or did you hook up a hose and flood your site on purpose for the photo? See you in September,
Iowa Dave
Old 03-25-2020, 11:27 AM   #33

Rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Oldman View Post
Martha and I have reserved site 56 for the event arriving on Tuesday the 22nd. and leaving on Monday the the 28th. Looking forward again to a wonderful time.
Hi Dan
Great to hear you are registered. Site 56 has a nice view of the water and lots of waterfowl where the backwater meets the river. There were three great blue herons there a couple weeks ago and they were discussing beating up the egrets and dividing the fishing territory.
Some rivalries never die. Looking forward to seeing you this fall.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
BDA08352-92F5-4447-95EA-EDABD03B5BB6.jpg  
Old 03-25-2020, 11:59 AM   #34

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Pete and I are looking forward to seeing everyone again! We booked site 72 for Wednesday to Monday.
Old 03-25-2020, 12:03 PM   #35

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrgtic4 View Post
Pete and I are looking forward to seeing everyone again! We booked site 72 for Wednesday to Monday.
Hi Lisa ; glad to hear that you will be attending the rally . Stay safe and well !!
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:08 PM   #36

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
Wish the same for you guys (And for everyone else on the forum here) !
We had planned a 5 week cross country trip (Osoyoos Rally, Oregon and seeing my youngest and family in San Francisco) but cancelled all our travel plans so this Rally might be our first time out. Looking so forward to camping again with everyone!
Old 03-25-2020, 01:34 PM   #37

Trailer: Escape 21 2018 "Gypsy Cat"
We’re planning site 70 and Elaine will be making some split pea soup again. Hopefully it will be warm and sunny and the soup will seem like a nice option rather than a necessity. Looking forward to the sausage and gravy breakfast [emoji847]
MadCAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 01:46 PM   #38

Rally

Hi Claude
Glad to hear you’re planning on coming down to the Rally. Sound like we will have a full crew.
The end of September in this country can be hot, cold, windy, rainy, or dry and dusty. There’s another thread going on about old sayings. To that I remember the old guys saying, “ it takes a damn fool or a foreigner to forecast the weather in Iowa”.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-25-2020, 02:02 PM   #39

Trailer: Escape 21 2018 "Gypsy Cat"
Well put…. Over 40 seasons in WI here. Do have a special relationship with our snowblower. Replaced the one inherited from my Dad this season. The thirteen year-old was eyeing the shiny, bright orange new one, waiting to try it out… Told him “Everyone’s been thanking me for getting a new one, thereby guaranteeing it won’t snow again this season.” New ones have a zero turning radius and don’t need to be “horsed around.” I’m old enough to remember when snowblowers were new. Still pretty good with a shovel, too…
MadCAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 02:17 PM   #40

I have a Toro with the steering clutches and like it well. I’ve had it for 14 years and it’s been trouble free. Replaced the cutting edge this season as the old one was about gone. I went into the hardware store years ago to get a grain scoop. I chose a pretty good sized one. The old boy who came over to help me looked at the shovel and then at me and then grabbed my upper arm. “Ok”, he says, We can sell you that one. We don’t sell those twelves to little guys, too much chance they would hurt themselves.” Now an 8 looks pretty good to me.
Iowa Dave