2020 Mississippi River Rendevous - Cancelled - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2020, 09:17 PM   #101

Trailer: 21’ 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I would recommend any camp site near Iowa Dave and far away from site #71
Lol
There are probably several jokes in there, but I’m too tired to figure it out. Dave’s a nice guy, so that’s fine. But what’s up with #71?
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 09:19 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
We had to cancel since it's unlikely we'll be able to cross the border. We had 65 right on the river but it's likely booked now.
So sorry you had to cancel! Maybe next year...
But, I’ll check out the site. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2020, 09:36 PM   #103

Are the sites between Potters North and South very small? Numbers 30-51?
Regarding Hickory point on the inside of the loop, 115-122 .
-Do these sites have some water views even though they’re on the inside of the loop?

What areas should we avoid? Either because of noise, flooding, or increased foot traffic etc.?
Thanks!
Old 08-24-2020, 01:48 PM   #104

Site cancellations?

Hello!
Well I just made my reservation for the Thomson causeway. Available and accessible sites are few and far between.

If anyone is considering canceling their reservation, would you please contact me first? I’d like to have a better campsite, with better accessibility, and perhaps views of the water.

Thanks in advance! And looking forward to meeting a lot of fellow Escapees!
Old 09-05-2020, 04:23 PM   #105

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We were still planning on making our annual pilgrimage to Thomson this Fall
We had a short camping trip booked for later next week and then we were going to start getting ready for Thomson but this morning our daughters called saying that the grade school my granddaughter’s attend after being open for only 3 days had to be shutdown due to an outbreak of covid 19
My wife and I are going to discuss our going to Thomson over the next week and make a decision . There are so many nice people who attend the rally that we really would like to see again , so this will be a tough choice . I wish things were different but sometimes the reality of the situation can’t be ignored .

Best Wishes
Steve D
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 05:34 AM   #106

Trailer: 21' Escape - 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We were still planning on making our annual pilgrimage to Thomson this Fall
We had a short camping trip booked for later next week and then we were going to start getting ready for Thomson but this morning our daughters called saying that the grade school my granddaughter’s attend after being open for only 3 days had to be shutdown due to an outbreak of covid 19
My wife and I are going to discuss our going to Thomson over the next week and make a decision . There are so many nice people who attend the rally that we really would like to see again , so this will be a tough choice . I wish things were different but sometimes the reality of the situation can’t be ignored .

Best Wishes
Steve D
I fully understand the need to figure out a plan for you and your wife. If you decide that changing your plans is needed know that you both will be missed.

Take care - Dan and Martha
1Oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:30 AM   #107

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
After some careful consideration and a consultation with some longtime attendees we have decided to cancel the Mississippi River Rendezvous for 2020. Without going into an elaborate description of a rationale for canceling, we think it is simply a matter of the risks outweigh the benefits. So much of the rally is the social interaction between those attending, the typical events such as a social hour, breakfast, potluck, and trailer tours would all be taboo. We can do better, and we will next year. Plan for September 24-26, 2021.

Please stay safe,
Paul and Janet
We will hope to see everyone again in 2021. Stay safe, those of you who still plan to attend.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:41 AM   #108

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 ("Hotel California" -Aug 2017) Tow is 2016 GMC Canyon Duromax Diesel
After a lot of thought and with a bunch of reluctance, we are going to cancel our reservations too...We are looking forward to seeing everyone again in 2021
Old 09-06-2020, 10:45 AM   #109

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Full stop, dead in the water

From nine rallies and several multiple day camp outs and an extended outing to the great state of North Dakota in 2019, we went to one night camped out in the backyard so far in 2020. We have taken the pandemic and it’s recommended protections very seriously. Continuing that practice, we will not be attending the function at Thomson Causeway later this month and have cancelled our reservation.

Like many, we are disappointed in the turn of events in 2020 but value the future and believe there are better days ahead. One thing I’ve had time to consider in all of this are priorities and things of greatest value to me and my family. And to say I missed camping and interacting with all of the very nice folks we’ve met over the years We’ve camped and tournament fished and just met along the way would be an understatement to say the least.

However, we hope that in 2021 we can get back on the camping trail as they say “from coast to coast and border to border and then some.

My long neglected workshop suffered a little damage in the derecho. This may be, I hope, a blessing in disguise as I’m working on weatherproofing, reorganization and getting things where I can find what I want.

We’ve had the biggest garden in 50 years this summer too, which was cheaper than joining a gym and working out but very effective in creating sweat and muscle tone.

All in all we remain positive, appreciate the encouragement and support from our camping friends as we go into Fall, my favorite season. Our best to all.
Iowa Dave and Rita
Old 09-06-2020, 10:50 AM   #110

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Reminds me of the experiment with toddlers and marshmallows. Those that could resist eating one now would get three later.
Old 09-06-2020, 11:06 AM   #111

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Upbringing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Reminds me of the experiment with toddlers and marshmallows. Those that could resist eating one now would get three later.
I think looking back, my Dad may have been a person who could have been a good psychologist. He would run experiments Ike the marshmallow temptation on us all the time.
My middle brother and I went to great lengths to try to trick him. My youngest brother not so much. He would eat the first marshmallow out of the chute and then tell Dad now good it was and how much he appreciated it. That got him a couple more on the spot. It took me quite a few years to realize that he was smarter than either one of us tricksters. And still is.
He keeps a lot of stuff but pales in comparison to me. It was with special satisfaction for me on Friday when I gave him a tool rack my Dad had in the garage 55 years ago when we were young. I rescued it when the house was sold and used it until recently. He mentioned that he’d like to have a section like I had a while back and though 69 years old, he appreciated it like those “marshmallows” years ago.

Glenn, I hope to have a couple cold ones with you at Osoyoos
next May if they reopen the border by then.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-08-2020, 09:24 PM   #112

Site #71 is now available - See you in 2021 !
Old 09-09-2020, 08:21 PM   #113

Trailer: 2020 5.0 TA, 2018 F150 2.7 EB
Fellow Mississippi River Rendezvous attendees, we will be joining those who still will attend (physical distancing). As newbies, we look forward to gathering with fellow Escapees. Site 62. Earl and Carol Jewett, 2020 5.0 TA
LoonCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 10:47 PM   #114

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoonCall View Post
Fellow Mississippi River Rendezvous attendees, we will be joining those who still will attend (physical distancing). As newbies, we look forward to gathering with fellow Escapees. Site 62. Earl and Carol Jewett, 2020 5.0 TA
Great! I have tried to keep up on attendees, this is what I am showing at this time.

1Oldman - Indiana - 21’ - Dan & Marth - site 56
Artlady - Chicago burbs - 21‘ 2020 - Addie - yes
Barb - Steven Point WI - 2019 21’ - Troy & Barb - site 114
Day o Fun - Illinois Homemade - yes
Ed Workman - Carbondale IL - 5.0 TA 2019 - Ed - site 52
HABBERDABBER - Madison Wi - 2016 19' - Tom - site 43
LoonCall - Phillips WI - 5.0 2020 - Earl & Carol - site 62
LuGreen - Madison Wi - 5.0 2020 - Lu Anne - maybe
Mary O - Chicago - 19’ - Mary - site 40
pkgman51 - Des Plaines IL - 19’ - Gary - yes
rbrandenstein - Missouri - 2019 21’ - Bob & Katie Brandenstein - site 63
Ronn - Eagan MN - 5.0 2019 - Ronn & Colleen - site 64
Steven M - Chicago - 21’ - Steven & Anita - site 66
Traverson - Mount Vernon Ia - 2018 19’ - Bill Marla - site 57
Old 09-15-2020, 06:01 PM   #115

Trailer: 2005 Aliner & 2019 Escape 21 - Adventure Orange
We won't be attending this year nor next. Hopefully see everyone in 2022. Life is taking some adventurous turns for us! Barb & Troy
Barb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 07:46 PM   #116

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
We won't be attending this year nor next. Hopefully see everyone in 2022. Life is taking some adventurous turns for us! Barb & Troy
Sorry to hear that, we will miss meeting you.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:27 AM   #117

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Rendezvous list

Thank you for compiling the list.

What! No listing of Paul Braun, the original instigator of this event?
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:51 AM   #118

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Steve I wanted to let you and Linda know we have been out camping at our local state park and Linda is still loving the knitted booties that Linda gave her when she was feeling so under the weather. No Mississippi for us either this year but hopefully next year unless we do a really long trip somewhere next Fall. Toying with the idea. Linda says thanks again for the perfect camper footwear. Still haven’t had better sausage gravy than yours. Take care and stay safe.
Old 09-16-2020, 03:11 PM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonner View Post
Steve I wanted to let you and Linda know we have been out camping at our local state park and Linda is still loving the knitted booties that Linda gave her when she was feeling so under the weather. No Mississippi for us either this year but hopefully next year unless we do a really long trip somewhere next Fall. Toying with the idea. Linda says thanks again for the perfect camper footwear. Still haven’t had better sausage gravy than yours. Take care and stay safe.
Thanks Ralph ; I hope next years Mississippi River Rendevous is a go and things are back to normal . The biscuit & gravy breakfast is on our agenda for 2021
Let Linda know that if she wears out her booties to just us know
All we need is your address & color desired and we will mail her a pair .
We have been making short camping trips also . We are going to try to get a couple more short trips in before things shutdown for the season but time is running short .

Best Wishes & Stay Safe
Steve & Linda

PS; If you want some more homemade Italian Sausage , let me know and I will bring you some at next years rally
Old 09-16-2020, 04:14 PM   #120

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Too sad, went out to the Escape today, some green mold around the middle trim and and very dirty, it needs a good wash but that will have to wait at least another 2 weeks. Need to clean before winterizing and put to sleep until 2021. Look out 2021, it will be a great year to see everyone on the road again..........