2021 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 24-26 - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2021, 08:31 AM   #41

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Other suggestions

Fulton, IL is where the authentic Dutch windmill is located. Savannah, IL has an interesting antique/junk shop and Poppy's biker bar & grill, locally renowned. Galena, IL is in the area, and a tourist venue with historic interest and architecture.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:16 PM   #42

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Rally Update

It is nice to note a number of “regulars” planning to attend and a smattering of new owners. Perhaps this year will allow “wannabes” to attend and soak up some of the knowledge of those regulars.

This post is to give you a progress report on the rally. From prior posts you can see some booking has occurred. There are still plenty of sites starting on Friday to Sunday. The loop with sites 1-27 is almost wide open.

As in years past we have booked the shelter called Stone for Friday and Saturday. We have not decided if and how we will use the shelter. Some time needs to pass before we know when and how we can interact. Stay tuned as September arrives and safety protocols are known.

In the meantime enjoy your summer, here is wishing you safe camping.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 01:22 PM   #43

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Cool Site 75

Looking forward to "crashing your party" as I did last year, I've reserved site 75 arriving Friday and departing Monday for myself and my Casita.

LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 02:30 PM   #44

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
Fulton, IL is where the authentic Dutch windmill is located. Savannah, IL has an interesting antique/junk shop and Poppy's biker bar & grill, locally renowned. Galena, IL is in the area, and a tourist venue with historic interest and architecture.
Two years ago we went to the windmill museum and store. Quite interesting. Poopy's is a trip. So sad we can't make it this year as we are attending a wedding out on Block Island. Looking forward to next year.
Old 04-17-2021, 04:25 PM   #45

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
I'm late to the party. I've booked site 50 for thur-sun nights. Not sure at this point if I will make it, but it's nice to aim for. If someone further up in the loop has to cancel, please let me know and I will move.
Old 04-17-2021, 08:58 PM   #46

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Crashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryB. View Post
Looking forward to "crashing your party" as I did last year, I've reserved site 75 arriving Friday and departing Monday for myself and my Casita.

Crashing a party is much preferred to crashing into a deer or a tree. Everybody is welcome, escapes, Scamps, Casitas, Big Feet, bolers, Trilliums, and converted school buses with a Hemi and Allison transmission are all welcome anywhere I am camped. Yes I am a democrat.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-17-2021, 09:03 PM   #47

High rent district

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
I'm late to the party. I've booked site 50 for thur-sun nights. Not sure at this point if I will make it, but it's nice to aim for. If someone further up in the loop has to cancel, please let me know and I will move.
Hey we are all paying the same rent so all of us Po Folk down in the 40s ain’t got much for money or grammar by we drink good whiskey and tell funny stories. And several college diplomas that we found in a dumpster.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-17-2021, 09:07 PM   #48

Missing man formation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonner View Post
Two years ago we went to the windmill museum and store. Quite interesting. Poopy's is a trip. So sad we can't make it this year as we are attending a wedding out on Block Island. Looking forward to next year.
Hey Ralph, O Mighty King of the Torque Wrench
I’m not going to miss you much but I’ll miss your wife and that big bowl of candy.
Go Bucks
See you next year for sure
Iowa Dave
Old 04-17-2021, 10:47 PM   #49

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Dave, there's a lot to be said about good whiskey and funny stories. Looking forward to it.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:08 PM   #50

Trailer: currently shopping
Hello Escape Forum. We are the new old "kids". We are shopping for a fiberglass lightweight RV and Escapes look like they have good potential. May we attend the Mississippi Rendevous even though we won't be camping? Our tent's main zipper broke plus my old bones have trouble getting up and down from the ground these days. Still want to camp in the future, though. Hope we can come visit your Rendevous. Thank you! from Rosie in Rockford
Rosie from Rockford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 01:25 PM   #51

Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie from Rockford View Post
Hello Escape Forum. We are the new old "kids". We are shopping for a fiberglass lightweight RV and Escapes look like they have good potential. May we attend the Mississippi Rendevous even though we won't be camping? Our tent's main zipper broke plus my old bones have trouble getting up and down from the ground these days. Still want to camp in the future, though. Hope we can come visit your Rendevous. Thank you! from Rosie in Rockford
You’re welcome to “Come on Down” as the old game show saying goes. There will be a good number of fiberglass trailers in attendance of several vintages and I believe the Escapees and
Perhaps Scamps and Casitas. The top “settled in” attendance time would be Saturday from late morning on. Many folks leave on Sunday morning and though there are Wednesday, Thursday and Friday arrivals some folks have to work ( sorry to swear on this post) and arrive Saturday AM. There’s ample parking for visitors, no visitor fee, and it’s a nice area to visit.
Hope to meet you. Like many fine towns throughout the Midwest, I can probably dredge up a Rockford, Illinois connection
Iowa Dave
Old 04-21-2021, 01:56 PM   #52

Trailer: 2021
I'm with you Dave.
johnnyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 02:38 PM   #53

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
I would bet there will be several in attendance who have mimicked your plan. Some come for the day, some come on motorcycles pulling a trailer, some tent and some stay in the hotel. You are not breaking any new ground. Everyone is welcome.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 01:09 AM   #54

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 TA
Our first attending an Escape rally

My wife and I will start RVing in May when we get our 5.0 and looking forward to meet other Escape owners. We will be coming from New Mexico and we reserved side #026.
Cantonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:12 AM   #55

New Mexico is a fur piece for a rally, not to say that several who will be there haven’t journeyed that far for a rally but to say we are looking forward to meeting you and hearing of your Escape escape. We’ve camped in New Mexico on two trips and have enjoyed the wide open spaces and spectacular scenery.
Welcome
Iowa Dave
Old 04-23-2021, 07:35 AM   #56

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I spent 2 days there one night..........
Old 04-23-2021, 07:48 AM   #57

Trailer: Escape 21 2018 "Gypsy Cat"
2021 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 24-26

Our family lived in El Paso for 6 years and enjoyed multiple trips across New Mexico to visit family in Denver. A beautiful state, well worth visiting with your trailer. We hope to visit family in Albuquerque once the pandemic improves. Definitely a “Land of Enchantment!” Look forward to seeing everyone at this year’s rally…
MadCAT3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 08:07 AM   #58

New Mexico

Hard to beat blue water, a great sunset and a rainbow. Clayton Lake State Park far NE corner of New Mexico on our way back home from picking up the 21 in 2017. We stopped in the town of Clayton on our way to the park and I went into the grocery store. I bought 2 pounds of reasonably priced ground beef. It looked good. It turned out to be The Best ground beef I’ve ever had. And that’s saying something. I’ve had a dream of hunting New Mexico for some time but don’t see it happening. They have some magnificent Elk in that country. If you think ground beef is good you need to eat some elk burger, unbelievable.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
DFE1EC8E-ACFA-49CB-9FB7-5AC113BF7A50.jpg   9A374382-000E-4C53-A817-3843DB500CB8.jpg   B936AD90-FBAC-4F1E-A42B-FAE34A0CAFF8.jpg  
Old 05-09-2021, 07:08 PM   #59

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
It was great meeting many of you at the Pink Elephant gathering this past weekend. We will be at the Mississippi gathering in Sept at site 66. With luck, we will be in our 5.0 by then.
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 08:41 PM   #60

Trailer: currently shopping
Thank You all. We are looking forward to joining you and learning and seeing some Escape Trailers at the Mississippi Rendezvous. The trouble is - September seems so far off. Guess we will just have to wait and learn as much as we can online. Take care everyone. Let's all stay healthy. See you in September!
Rosie from Rockford is offline   Reply With Quote