2021 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 24-26 - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 09-19-2021, 04:13 PM   #161

Trailer: looking for another great egg
Dave,
Thanks for letting me know to look for you in the mid-forties in a 21'. Well there may be a LOT of 21'ers so I'll just look for your IA Dave license plate.

Does COE sell firewood or should we bring our own...locally grown from southern IL of course? Don't want to spread bugs or diseases.

jon
Kanoer54 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 04:52 PM   #162

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Like a lot of unfortunate Americans he was flooded out and sought high ground and provisions. Probably deciding on another tattoo design Schwinn or Raleigh, Maybe a Super Mondia or Peugeot?
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... Could be a "Mongoose"? Eh? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 05:16 PM   #163

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Hey Jim
You could have said he’s the good looking one and made it easy on everyone.
At the Mississippi rally we are in the mid forties I’m not sure exactly which site.
I’m never lost though because someone is always telling me where to go.
There are a lot of good sites, friendly people and opportunities to learn stuff at this rally. Good weather has not always been the case but looks like we might get a bingo (five in a row) this year. Cool nights, stars and hoot owls are double points.
Who cooks for you, you cooks for you all?.
Iowa Dave
I'm the chief cook and bottle washer, Noelia just makes me look good......We will make this Rally next year with our 2022 E19 which we hope to pick up in Chilliwack next May.
Old 09-19-2021, 08:18 PM   #164

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Welcome to the rally. After a bunch of rallies Dave and I have learned to never let out our site numbers. Lest the rangers find us because of the late night parties. Registration is at site 67. If you are wearing a badge or have a complaint it will be handled gracefully at site 46.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanoer54 View Post
Iowa Dave,
Thank you for the warm welcome and for the location of your anesthetic . I will bring some along with me to also share if anyone needs some. Decades ago I was warned not to mix anesthetics so I will need to behave, especially among strangers. But for some reason I think everyone will be friends quickly.

Dave, I read thru all of the posts several times and did not see your nor Fudge Brownie's site # unless I overlooked it, which in my old age happens quite frequently.

See you all soon.
jon and Brandy E&J (my covertly hidden anesthetic..will share).

PS: no rain in the forecast
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 08:27 PM   #165

The rally provides firewood for the evening fires in the shelter. If you desire a personal fire they have onsite sales. I do not know their hours of operation but it is limited. The woodbox is located next to the bathrooms.
Old 09-19-2021, 09:30 PM   #166

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Rules and regs vary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanoer54 View Post
Does COE sell firewood or should we bring our own...locally grown from southern IL of course? Don't want to spread bugs or diseases.
jon
Some counties do not allow firewood in from other adjacent counties. I don't know the regs guiding Thomson, but I'd leave your firewood behind.

I've been hassled by rangers for using kiln dried construction scraps...of cedar. No emerald ash borer issue with that wood, but they had to check with HQ if it was OK. It was.
HABBERDABBER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 10:19 AM   #167

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Cannot attend so great site 61 available

Well it was bound to happen, I hesitated booking a site for the rendezvous but when site 61 right by the river became available I did book it figuring we'd be able to travel by land into the US by the end of September. However despite our opening the border on Aug 9 to Americans, the US will not allow us to enter by land. I could say more but would get into politics, not allowed here.

Anyway will be shortly cancelling our reservation. I do hope that you all have a great time this weekend, we shall sorely miss you all.

https://news.yahoo.com/us-extends-la...RHxP-whWjxKe3i
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 11:10 AM   #168

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Uh huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Welcome to the rally. After a bunch of rallies Dave and I have learned to never let out our site numbers. Lest the rangers find us because of the late night parties. Registration is at site 67. If you are wearing a badge or have a complaint it will be handled gracefully at site 46.
Thanks buddy. Site 46 will be open for consultation.
Paul, can we bring anything to help this year? I will have the Manometer with me, the Torque wrench with me water jugs and a couple Grey water containers for bleeding down grey water without having to move the trailer.
Cocktails at midnight with my rendition of Shine on Harvest Moon. I need a tenor. Someone who can make the coyotes join in.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-20-2021, 11:27 AM   #169

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Cocktails at midnight with my rendition of Shine on Harvest Moon. I need a tenor. Someone who can make the coyotes join in.
Iowa Dave
I sang barbershop, Dave, baritone, but often at the bar afterwards I'd do tenor in falsetto. Unfortunately as you can see I can't be there to sing or anything else
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 11:58 AM   #170

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Well it was bound to happen, I hesitated booking a site for the rendezvous but when site 61 right by the river became available I did book it figuring we'd be able to travel by land into the US by the end of September. However despite our opening the border on Aug 9 to Americans, the US will not allow us to enter by land. I could say more but would get into politics, not allowed here.

Anyway will be shortly cancelling our reservation. I do hope that you all have a great time this weekend, we shall sorely miss you all.

Too bad Adrian, we were hoping that you and Beth would be able to make it. See you in Osoyoos May 2022!!
Old 09-20-2021, 02:12 PM   #171

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Just don't forget your solemn commitments and promises.

Quote:
Thanks buddy. Site 46 will be open for consultation.
Paul, can we bring anything to help this year? I will have the Manometer with me, the Torque wrench with me water jugs and a couple Grey water containers for bleeding down grey water without having to move the trailer.
Iowa Dave

Hi Tom
Hey how about a cutting board top for cheese and salami prep with some cut out wells for beer bottles? I’ll bring the snacks for the Christening at Pikes Peak. I know you appreciate these great ideas. I’ll be coming past the Edgewood Locker on my way up so let me know your preferences.
Iowa Dave

from 1-24-20 posting
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...box-17042.html

I've been true to my part of the bargain, and not forgetting a thing.
HABBERDABBER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 02:44 PM   #172

Got em. Sharing will have to be supervised by the good Doctor Fauchi. Does the bologna have to wear a mask in Illinois at a federal campground?
Iowa Dave
Old 09-20-2021, 07:32 PM   #173

I would like to say a number of things about missing you this year. Unfortunately they all have political undertones and are better left off the forum. You will be missed but there is hope for next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post

Old 09-21-2021, 08:52 AM   #174

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Quote:
Got em. Sharing will have to be supervised by the good Doctor Fauchi. Does the bologna have to wear a mask in Illinois at a federal campground?
Iowa Dave
I'm here in Oskaloosa, IA and I have to wear a mask at my hotel (was already scolded twice by ownership) and my customer's office (they gave me a new/fresh mask to wear before I could enter).

Will be in Des Moines, Waterloo, Cedar Rapids, Iowa City and Davenport on this trip. I'm sure I'll see the full range of COVID requirements.

If I had my new to come 21C I could be mask free inside the egg.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 09:00 AM   #175

Just checked recreation.gov for openings for the weekend rally. Not many sites left, three to be exact. However, these are some really nice sites, one even on the Mississippi River bank. Looks like a nice weekend to camp. We are planning for a tad over 40 units, and we welcome those day trippers who are also joining us. See you on the weekend.
Old 09-22-2021, 12:30 PM   #176

Heads up

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Just checked recreation.gov for openings for the weekend rally. Not many sites left, three to be exact. However, these are some really nice sites, one even on the Mississippi River bank. Looks like a nice weekend to camp. We are planning for a tad over 40 units, and we welcome those day trippers who are also joining us. See you on the weekend.
Just a reminder, the campground speeds are posted and with a heavy camping
Weekend coming up, I’m pretty sure the Ranger(s) will be out and about.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-23-2021, 12:06 PM   #177

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
We're sorry to say we have had to cancel our reservation due to a family emergency. We had booked site 66, it should now be available if someone wants to book it.
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 03:48 PM   #178

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Thanks to Paul and Janet

Thanks to our hosts we had a great time. The weather certainly helped, but the local attractions and old/new friends made for big fun.
Tony and Darlene
Tony N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:57 PM   #179

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
If you do not post pictures, it did not happen............
Old 09-26-2021, 07:03 PM   #180

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Hope to see some Mississippi rally pics. Wish we could have made it but we are at a stunning location on Assateague Island. Maybe next year.
mcdonner is offline   Reply With Quote