2021, Sept. 30 - Oct 3: Fall NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2020, 07:22 PM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
2021, Sept. 30 - Oct 3: Fall NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering

Sept. 30 - Oct 3, 2021 - Fall NOG - South Beach State Park

The Fall NOG 2021 officially starts Thurs., Sept 30. THAT means you can start making your reservations TOMORROW, or anytime now if you're coming early.

We'll start reserving in D Loop and move UP the alphabet as needed (C, then B, then A). I'm in D-13. When/if they open the meeting halls, I'll try to reserve the same one we used last time. IF I can't reserve a meeting hall, all activities will be right behind my site in a large grassy area. More info about that later.

IF you need a Yurt, there's some nice ones on the east side of C Loop (some are pet friendly). There's also a kid's play structure in C loop. This is definitely a bike-friendly park. You can ride from the park, through the day use area and then all the way to the South Jetty in Newport, along the beach and all on asphalt.

Once you've made your reservation, please post. IF your information isn't in your profile, please send me a PM with this information. I need it for the participants list and map.
First names of adults attending
Domicile city and state (you may meet neighbors!)
Year/Length/Make/Model of your 'trailer.'
Site number

South Beach State Park Reservations: https://www.reserveamerica.com/explo...02165/overview

As usual, MOST of the information about NOGs is found at the CasitaForum. Direct link to the thread. https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...comment-285009

Really looking forward to seeing everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Map.JPG  
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 08:54 AM   #2

Trailer: 2020 none
I believe the current situation with all Oregon State parks is they only reserve going out two weeks. Also no walk ups done, only reserved sites. Many parks have some lopes closed and not useable due to limited numbers of volunteers.

It might be worth a phone call to the Parks office and verify.
Rolland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 09:17 AM   #3
Site Team

Thanks Rolland. OSP currently allows reservations 30 days in advance. IF we get back to the nine month window for reservations, the earliest we can reserve would be in January anyway.
Old 10-12-2020, 11:25 PM   #4

Trailer: 2020 21'NE
is there a sprint NOG for 2021?
tukwilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 07:12 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tukwilma View Post
is there a sprint NOG for 2021?
Are you asking about a Spring NOG for 2021? Then yes, see this thread: 2021 Spring NOG - Apr 22-25 - Northern Oregon Gathering
Old 10-13-2020, 05:22 PM   #6

Trailer: 2020 21'NE
thanks! I didn't look far enough back to find that string. And thanks for translating my typo (sprint for spring) We're booked. I think there was only one other spot available.
tukwilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 08:49 AM   #7
Site Team

Time to make reservations! See top post for information.
Old 03-29-2021, 10:21 AM   #8

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Time to make reservations! See top post for information.
It doesn’t say which park it’s at?? Never mind, found it in the link. South Beach State Park.

Donna, I just booked next to you D15 for 29th-3rd, Harriet and John from Hillsboro in our 17A.
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:44 AM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small but Sweet View Post
It doesn’t say which park it’s at?? Never mind, found it in the link. South Beach State Park.

Donna, I just booked next to you D15 for 29th-3rd, Harriet and John from Hillsboro in our 17A.
Excellent And I fixed the information about the park... D'oh!
Old 03-30-2021, 09:23 AM   #10
Site Team

I received a PM from a NOGger saying she found it difficult to pick a site in the park when she had never been there. I use this web site frequently to check out sites when making reservations. I hope y'all find it of benefit too: https://www.campsitephotos.com/campg...tate-park-d001
Old 03-30-2021, 09:59 AM   #11

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Interesting,
I enjoy visiting new places and try to avoid repeating the same route and campsites from the past.........it is what makes the trip more interesting......just my opinion!
Old 03-30-2021, 10:04 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Interesting,
I enjoy visiting new places and try to avoid repeating the same route and campsites from the past.........it is what makes the trip more interesting......just my opinion!
It must be a terrible problem to be wary of campgrounds you've never been to before.
Old 03-30-2021, 10:05 AM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Interesting,
I'm pretty much the same way Jim. Make new memories. But, gatherings are a bit different. Few places that can accommodate the needs of a large group. You'll notice a number of gatherings go back to the same park every single year... with reason. With the NOGs, we rotate through a half-dozen or so campgrounds. The person who sent me the PM, had never been to South Beach State Park. The campsite photos help individuals to pick out a site and to know what to expect when they get there. Like where are the services located and is the picnic table and fire pit to the side of the trailer or at the rear. That kind of thing...
Old 03-30-2021, 10:08 AM   #14

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I agree with rallies because the activities is what you are attending and the site is secondary to those, unless of course you are camped next to Iowa Dave, then you should embrace his witticisms ........ I know I do!
Old 03-30-2021, 10:14 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm pretty much the same way Jim. Make new memories. But, gatherings are a bit different. Few places that can accommodate the needs of a large group. You'll notice a number of gatherings go back to the same park every single year... with reason. With the NOGs, we rotate through a half-dozen or so campgrounds. The person who sent me the PM, had never been to South Beach State Park. The campsite photos help individuals to pick out a site and to know what to expect when they get there. Like where are the services located and is the picnic table and fire pit to the side of the trailer or at the rear. That kind of thing...
Being in the 17A I always have to make sure we're near-ish to the restrooms. The State Parks website is great for that, and I also use the Campsite Photos website to look at tree cover, privacy and driveway length.
Old 04-03-2021, 11:40 PM   #16

Trailer: 2021 17B
My Sister in law wanted to come with her dog, so we snagged the last Yurt site in C loop to accommodate her. I suspect this (getting a Yurt site for my SiL) may become a regular thing. I KNOW she will want us to reserve one next summer at Grayland beach.
MBtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:57 AM   #17

Trailer: 2021 E19
Send a message via MSN to Larry&AnnMarie Send a message via Yahoo to Larry&AnnMarie
Is there a spring NOG for 2022 on the radar yet?
Larry&AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:58 AM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry&AnnMarie View Post
Is there a spring NOG for 2022 on the radar yet?
Yes, it will be held at Champoeg State Park, just south of Portland. However, we can't make reservations yet. Unless things change, that will be in October.
Old 09-01-2021, 08:55 AM   #19
Site Team

Happy weekend NOGgers. We're right at a month until Fall NOG! It's time to post the schedule.

I am keeping an eye on the Lincoln County and Oregon State Covid guidelines for events and will notify everyone here if there's any changes. As of this post, we need to wear masks if gathering in groups, whether inside or outside.

Daytime hours are completely unscheduled. Feel free to do what you wish. As far as trailer tours, nothing scheduled for that either. I know we have people participating because they want to view some trailers. If you see folks sitting outside, stop and chat and ask to see their trailer. It's always been up to each owner to decide whether or not they want to give tours. With Covid, when entering someone's site and during trailer tours, everyone would need to mask up. While a number of us have received our vaccines, for various reasons others have not. Let's keep everyone safe so we can all gather again.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG. There is nothing scheduled for gift give aways for this NOG. BUT, I'd really like to see everyone wear a name tag all weekend. I'm meeting some of you for the first time. Help me to remember your name, please.

We're moving forward with several of the 'regular' group activities. This is not a green light, but a flashing yellow. We will wear masks when not eating, social distance where possible and sit in pods as appropriate.

Friday
No-host dinner-on-a-stick roasting fire going at my site (D13) on Friday night (Cancelled if raining!). There's a large grassy area behind my site. This is not a potluck, bring your lawn chair and everything you need and plan to eat, including your own roasting stick. Fire will be roaring in the NOG tub for roasting. Come by anytime after 5:00pm. Small 'side' personal tables are encouraged. I will provide trash bags.

The fun/funny stuff:
CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
6:00pm SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT
This is an "opener" event.
At site D13
Cancelled if raining!

Bring a six pack of craft beer... not CRAP beer ;-). Something from your local craft brewer would be grand. You will trade one bottle or can for a different kind. IF you show up at 6:05pm, you're four minutes too late! For those that don't know how this works, I'll explain everything shortly before 6:00pm.

Saturday
For this NOG, we won't have a potluck. BUT you are welcome to gather and eat at my site D13 starting at 6:00pm (Cancelled if raining!). There's a large grassy area behind my site. Bring your lawn chair and everything you need and plan to eat. No sharing food outside your pod. Small 'side' personal tables are encouraged. AND the NOG fire will be going again if you wish to use it to roast something. I will provide trash bags.

Please, no pets at any of the food events.

AND if everyone would remember to turn off ALL outdoor lights at bedtime, that would be grand. Many of your neighbors don't have room darkening shades. THANKS!
Old 09-18-2021, 12:15 PM   #20

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Greetings all,

We are looking forward to a fun camp out! There's so much to see and do in and around Newport. I know quite a few of you bring bikes. Here is a link to a brochure with all the bike trails in the Newport area.

Happy Trails and, as always, Safe Travels,
Dave & Kathie

https://www.newportoregon.gov/dept/c...Individual.pdf
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote