2021 Spring NOG - Apr 22-25 - Northern Oregon Gathering - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2020, 08:17 AM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Arrow 2021 Spring NOG - Apr 22-25 - Northern Oregon Gathering

2021 Spring NOG - Apr 22-25 - Northern Oregon Gathering

I'm forever optimistic! IF you're a long-term pre-planner and since we were unable to hold Spring NOG 2020, now is the time to make reservations for 2021. I hope everyone wanting to attend in 2020 will attend in 2021.

People wanted to go to Waterloo, to Waterloo we'll go!

Waterloo County Park
39510 Gross St, Waterloo, Oregon
Located five miles east of Lebanon off Highway 20
N44° 29.7426', W122° 49.3046'

Reservations: https://linnparks.com/parks/waterloo/

Basic Campsite (water/electric), $30 - Senior discount $7, over 62 y/o
Free dump station available.

I've chosen site 53A, the same site I had reserved for 2020. As usual I’ll keep a park map updated and a list of names going for those that have made reservations at the CasitaForum here: https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...nog-apr-22-25/

READY, SET, GO!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 04:08 PM   #2
Site Team

Everyone probably knows, but the park is fully booked. I have a rather long 'wait list.' So, please, PLEASE... if you need to cancel, PLEASE let me know first before you cancel. We'd like a NOGger to slide into your site!

THANKS!
Old 03-10-2021, 02:58 PM   #3
Site Team

I just got off the phone with Linn County Parks. IF you need a site for Spring NOG at Waterloo County Park... they've opened B Loop for us! They love the 'Egg Group'! So, go ahead and make your reservation through the Linn County Parks website (link in first post). THEN, post here and give us your details:

Site number
First names of adults attending
Year/length/brand and model of RV
Domicile city and State

I'll update the participants list and map with this information.

WOOOHOOO! Fun times ahead!!
Old 03-16-2021, 03:09 PM   #4

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Site number: 21 A
First names of adults attending: Kim & Ellen
Year/length/brand and model of RV: 2019, 21', Escape 5.0TA
Domicile city and State: Vancouver, WA
Ellen Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 03:29 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Harper View Post
Site number: 21 A
First names of adults attending: Kim & Ellen
Year/length/brand and model of RV: 2019, 21', Escape 5.0TA
Domicile city and State: Vancouver, WA
Excellent! Fun times ahead
Old 03-16-2021, 05:07 PM   #6
Site Team

I just double-checked Waterloo for April 22-25 the dates of the Spring NOG. This map shows the campsites that are available for those dates. Plenty of green pins! Those are sites available for reservations. Y'all come!
Attached Thumbnails
Map.jpg  
Old 04-04-2021, 08:36 PM   #7
Site Team

I have a site cancelling in A loop! Wed-Sun, Apr 21-25. Anyone in B loop want to move? OR does someone that doesn't have a site want to come? Contact me via PM.
Old 04-10-2021, 08:38 AM   #8
Site Team

Happy weekend NOGgers. We're a bit less than two weeks to Spring NOG! It's time to post the schedule.

I am keeping an eye on the Linn County Covid guidelines for events and will notify everyone here if there's any changes.

I'll be in the park on Wednesday (21st) and I'm going to check with the Park Hosts to see if we can use the Day Use Shelter we've used before for the Friday/Saturday activities, if it's drizzly. However, if the weather looks like it will be dry, the activities are at my site 53A. Weather depending, we may not know where we'll land until a couple of hours before the start. If I'm not at my site, I'll post a notice on the door of my trailer by 3pm both Friday and Saturday.

Restrooms will be open and are cleaned and disinfected twice a day. Bring your own soap, sanitizer and disinfectant for your safety.
Public showers are open for limited hours and cleaned twice a day.
Firewood sales maybe limited.

Don't forget your name tags (AND masks). We have lots of new people. Let's make it easy on them. Remember when you were the newbie? Trying to remember people's names is uncomfortable!

THE Schedule of events ...

Daytime hours are completely unscheduled. Feel free to do what you wish. As far as trailer tours, nothing scheduled for that either. I know we have people participating because they want to view some trailers. If you see folks sitting outside, stop and chat and ask to see their trailer. It's always been up to each owner to decide whether or not they want to give tours. With Covid, during trailer tours, everyone would need to mask up. While a number of us have received our vaccines, for various reasons others have not. Let's keep everyone safe so we can all gather again.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG.

We're moving forward with several of the 'regular' group activities. This is not a green light, but a flashing yellow. We will wear masks when not eating, social distance where possible and sit in pods as appropriate.

Friday
No-host dinner-on-a-stick roasting fire going at my site (53A) on Friday night (or Day Use Shelter if drizzly). This is not a potluck, bring your lawn chair and everything you need and plan to eat, including your own roasting stick. Fire will be roaring in the NOG tub for roasting. Come by anytime after 5:00pm. If you have a stick or two of firewood to share at the NOG tub, that would be grand. Small 'side' personal tables are encouraged. I will provide trash bags.

The fun/funny stuff:
CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
6:00pm SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT
This is an "opener" event.

Bring a six pack of craft beer... not CRAP beer . Something from your local craft brewer would be grand. You will trade one bottle or can for a different kind. IF you show up at 6:05pm, you're four minutes too late! For those that don't know how this works, I'll explain everything shortly before 6:00pm.

Saturday
For this NOG, we won't have a potluck. BUT you are welcome to gather and eat at my site 53A starting at 6:00pm (or Day Use Shelter if drizzly). Bring your lawn chair and everything you need and plan to eat. No sharing food outside your pod. Small 'side' personal tables are encouraged. AND the NOG fire will be going again if you wish to use it to roast something. I will provide trash bags.

There will be no raffle at this NOG.

Everyone is welcome at anytime to anything. If you're not a beer drinker or don't eat in groups that's perfectly okay. Please bring your lawn chair and join us. Beer/food is secondary to the good times we'll have safely distancing around the NOG tub.

Please, no pets at any of the food events.

Hope this helps with some questions. Post if not, we'll get the question answered.

And PLEASE.... everyone pack SUNSHINE and bring it with you!
Old 04-15-2021, 01:24 PM   #9

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 #8
Greetings all, looking forward to another great gathering. Thanks again to Donna for (not) organizing everything.

For those of you not familiar with the area there are quite a few covered bridges in Linn County - a fun day trip. https://traveloregon.com/things-to-d...d-bridge-tour/

Also, the Carousel museum on Albany is pretty cool and not too far. https://albanycarousel.com/

One final day hike - McDowell Creek Falls, a fairly easy hike, not too far from the park. 1.8 mi round trip. https://www.oregonhikers.org/field_g...alls_Loop_Hike

Happy Trails, and, as always, Safe Travels

Dave & Kathie
Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:33 AM   #10
Site Team

This is my last post before Spring NOG. The weather looks just fine... until Saturday. There's a reason we're in trailers and not tents!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Weather.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	54962
Safe travels everyone!
Old 05-01-2021, 09:44 AM   #11

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lat...ne%3f_amp=true

FYI Covid surge in Lebanon, OR. I hope everyone stays healthy.
Old 05-01-2021, 03:40 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lat...ne%3f_amp=true

FYI Covid surge in Lebanon, OR. I hope everyone stays healthy.
Yeah, sad

Fortunately in all my chatting with NOG participants at least a good 90% of us were fully vaccinated and to the point of being fully immune. A few others had just gotten their second shot, but were very careful around others. Only talked to one individual who wasn't going to be vaccinated... ever... Sigh.

Stay safe, stay well
Old 05-02-2021, 07:42 PM   #13

Trailer: 2018 19'
Thanks Donna for organizing the unorganized. I thought Waterloo was wonderful w so many walking options. I love how the nogs I attend introduce me to these wonderful places & people.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:53 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucram View Post
Thanks Donna for organizing the unorganized. I thought Waterloo was wonderful w so many walking options. I love how the nogs I attend introduce me to these wonderful places & people.
You're welcome Julie. Sorry we couldn't spend more time visiting, but you were in the back 40 Hope it worked out well for you and the dogs.

Catch you down the road