2022 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 23-25 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-24-2022, 08:56 AM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hi Paul
We would be happy to head up the First Annual Mississippi River Rendezvous Pup Parade. ( FAMRRPP). We look forward to it. Just a simple parade starting down near the camp host site, proceeding up to the “point” on the river around that loop and back home, or not. Costumes, even just a hat, add to the fun. If your dog will wear a hat, he or she is indeed rare. If you regularly make a costume for your dog, or if he’s added a couple pandemic pounds the parade will give you a chance to tune things up before the big show at Halloween.

There will be an optional dog tricks component. If your dog does tricks, you’ll have time to fine tune his routine, if not, there’s time to teach him one. Even if he’s old. because you know “you can teach an old dog…….new tricks.”
There is the possibility of prizes.

There are currently 23 reservations in the “Fiberglass” area. Not that all of them are fiberglass campers but an indication of the popularity of the area.

It’s 33 degrees and snowing here today. Had night crawlers on the drive night before last and a high of 69 Tuesday. Come on spring and stay tuned for details.

Ol’Jakey He’s a bad hombre’
Attached Thumbnails
AB686FE9-C1AD-4138-8549-805B6BBE714B.jpg  
Old 03-24-2022, 09:59 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitting_lanes View Post
My Wife, and Son, and his wife will be in site 68 from the 23-25. I think it will take my wife and I almost a week from California. My son will be coming from Chicago.

We’ll be heading up to the Green Bay Area after, if anyone has any recommendations on where to camp on the peninsula, let me know.
Looking forward to meeting you. There are a couple good grocery stores across the river in Clinton if you need to stock up on good cheese before you head to Wisconsin.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-24-2022, 12:22 PM   #23

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
I booked #67 the other day Wed through Mon. Bonnie would love to partake in FAMRRPP. Now don't you guys dare close the border again!
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 04:42 PM   #24

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
I booked #67 the other day Wed through Mon. Bonnie would love to partake in FAMRRPP. Now don't you guys dare close the border again!

Adrian, it's great to know that your coming. Anita and I look forward to seeing you again. Here's to the good old days of truly open borders.
Old 03-24-2022, 05:21 PM   #25

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Darlene and I will be in site #71 starting Wednesday the 28th. Hope the weather is as good as last year. We've never had a cat who would cooperate with a parade, but look forward to the dog one.
Tony N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 09:02 PM   #26

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
Although I've not been there, Peninsula S.P. is spoken of as the most scenic in that area. Usually booked up too, so look & reserve early.
Wow! That's a haul you'll be doing from CA.

A bit West of Green Bay is Hartman Creek S.P., a recent favorite of mine.

We'll be in Site #40.....look us up.

bon voyage
I will, thanks for the tip on peninsula sp. it looks nice, and as of now there’s plenty of open spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
I would agree with Habberdabber about Peninsula SP. An overflow option is Potowami SP. If you want a full service private campground the Wagon Wheel is well reviewed. Al Johnson’s restaurant is a must stop. I have liked the White Gull for breakfast.

There are a lot of things to do. Plan at least three days. Since it is Leaf Peeper season a week day visit will be more enjoyable.
Thanks for the suggestions, they all sound good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Looking forward to meeting you. There are a couple good grocery stores across the river in Clinton if you need to stock up on good cheese before you head to Wisconsin.
Iowa Dave
Looking forward to meeting you also, Dave. And thanks for the tips.

We will see you in 6 months minus one day. Hopefully
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 04:16 PM   #27

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Cool Site #72

Once again, I'm looking forward to "crashing your party" as I did the last two years, I've reserved site 72 arriving Friday and departing Monday for myself and my Casita.

LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 04:33 PM   #28

You’re always welcome. Hope to meet you this time. I camped across from a couple who had a Casita at the Mississippi rally in 2017 or 2018. They were from Ogden, Iowa which is on the Historic Lincoln Highway. Nice folks.
Iowa Dave
Old 03-26-2022, 09:16 AM   #29

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
Originally Posted by splitting_lanes View Post
My Wife, and Son, and his wife will be in site 68 from the 23-25. I think it will take my wife and I almost a week from California. My son will be coming from Chicago.

We’ll be heading up to the Green Bay Area after, if anyone has any recommendations on where to camp on the peninsula, let me know.
Kohler Andre State Park is on Lake Michigan north of Milwaukee. We love camping there anytime of year. Last year we had a 3 Escape rendezvous in October and it was beautiful.
Check it out.
https://dnr.wisconsin.gov/topic/parks/kohlerandrae
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 07:58 PM   #30

Trailer: Escape 5.0
Diane and I visited last year (staying in a hotel) but just reserved site 54 for this year. I officially retire next wee/k and we are scheduled to pick up our new 5.0 in Sumas early June. Looking forward to renewing friendships we made last year and meeting new folks. Especially Iowa Dave since he got booted due to his false positive test last year. (My wife is an Iowa native, Dave.)
GregWCIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 09:28 AM   #31

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Maggie and Rich are in, site 48.
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 06:05 PM   #32

Hi Rich and Maggie
It’s a pretty questionable neighborhood down there. Don’t ask me how I know. If you have a dog don’t miss entering your pooch in the costume parade. We are in 46. Looks like things are tightening up. And speaking of tightening up. Archie Bell and the Drells. Tighten up on that bass.

Iowa Dave
Old 04-09-2022, 09:37 PM   #33

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
I wondered why there were spaces still available in that section. Played a gig tonight, but on drums not bass.
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 10:05 PM   #34

The pre rally starts on Tuesday. Last year. though I didn’t stay long, I still got a visit from the deputy sheriff. I assumed the position and she said I was good at it. We were pretty close to the big Federal penitentiary so I resolved not to dial 911 when there was no real emergency again. I took the rap for my wife, she’s worth it.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-26-2022, 02:07 PM   #35

Trailer: 2021 5.0TA
Deb & I are looking forward to it! We're on site 78 Thursday thru Sunday, last year we were there but booked late so remotely located across the way.

Our Lucy is excited about being in the parade!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4691.jpg  
Gregw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 04:31 PM   #36

Parade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregw View Post
Deb & I are looking forward to it! We're on site 78 Thursday thru Sunday, last year we were there but booked late so remotely located across the way.

Our Lucy is excited about being in the parade!
And we are excited to have her. Nothing better than a dog to make things seem all good
Iowa Dave
Old 05-09-2022, 07:06 PM   #37

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
In site 69 starting Monday. Know my cats won't cooperate but they know I love seeing the dogs. Will be great to see everyone again.
Mary O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:43 PM   #38

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19' and 2016 GMC Yukon SLT SUV.
Send a message via AIM to Tonny LR
Hi Dave,
we reserved site #041, PMAN, Sept.21-25. We are looking forward to see you and Rita.
Tonny LR
Tonny LR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 07:56 PM   #39

Hello Mary, it will be very good to see you again, it’s been a while. This Covid virus has messed up a lot of good camping. We’ve gotten a little in but not near as much as we would like. We are doing three rallies this year at this time. We are in site 46. Our dog would probably like a cat if he’d just take one on a date some time.Rita and I have had a lots of cats in our 52 years together, but not for some time now.
Iowa Dave
Old 05-09-2022, 08:05 PM   #40

Site 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonny LR View Post
Hi Dave,
we reserved site #041, PMAN, Sept.21-25. We are looking forward to see you and Rita.
Tonny LR
Hi Tonny
You’ll be just down the road from us as we’re in 46 I think it is. I hitched up the 21 after I put new brakes on it and as I was putting the emergency braking cable on the hitch I thought about you. If you still need a new one or a spare I could bring some good cable, some ferrules and my swager and we could make you one up. Let me know, I might have som”S” hooks in my inventory too. I have plenty of cable as I bought 500 feet to hang Japanese lanterns from when my daughter got married in South Carolina a few years back. Now if the Covid calms down we will be all set. Hope all is well in Arkansas and big weather doesn’t get anyone this spring and summer. Can’t remember if you have a dog or not but if you do there will be a dog parade this year.
Iowa Dave and Rita