2022 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 23-25 - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-16-2022, 09:46 PM   #161

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
Backup? Possibly.... :-) Looking forward to meeting you as well.
Camp@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 09:50 PM   #162

Like to hear how your trials went. My wife used to run agility trials with a couple Aussies. Mostly Fort Dodge & Peoria clubs. She was with 4RK9's and is looking to join again with our new boxer pups (when big enough, just 7mos now). Paul & Robin
Old 09-16-2022, 09:51 PM   #163

We're at #74
Old 09-16-2022, 09:52 PM   #164

FYI - we'll be at #74, probably Friday noonish. Only a couple hours from our place.
Old 09-18-2022, 06:15 AM   #165

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud 1988
Hey Camp@Home,

Who are you? I have relatives in and around Central City. Anyone who is a Carpenter there, or related to the Carpenters, is related to me. My mother is a Carpenter.

We arrive there today.

Cindy Anderson
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 10:34 AM   #166

Hi Cindy, We actually live 2mi South of Prairieburg out in the country, know only few people in Central City, mostly that I worked with at Norand/Intermec. We've been here 20yrs tho. Don't know any Carpenters. Other than the one that installed my house doors LOL (Jim Timmerman). Paul & Robin Morris

p.s. I do frequent the BIT brewery weekly and have met many CC'ans there, don't ever get any last names....
Probably just coincidence, but one of my wife's best friends is Cindy Anderson, lives in Bowman Woods (Cedar Rapids)...she doesn't have an Escape, or camp....
Old 09-18-2022, 12:06 PM   #167

My sister goes to Praiemoom on Main and Waubeek to listen to music a lot. We go to Stone City store when we visit. I am from Anamosa.

Bring your guitar. I would listen. Then bring it to the Pink Elephant rally at Pike’s Peak State Park next Mother’s Day for our rally in MacGregor.

Cindy

PS. I have my guitar, but I only play with hubby’s piano. He can cover my mistakes, LOL. We did four songs at our rally in May, two with my guitar and two with my Native American flutes. Maybe I can get him to sing next May.
Old 09-18-2022, 12:32 PM   #168

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Intermec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp@Home View Post
Hi Cindy, We actually live 2mi South of Prairieburg out in the country, know only few people in Central City, mostly that I worked with at Norand/Intermec. We've been here 20yrs tho. Don't know any Carpenters. Other than the one that installed my house doors LOL (Jim Timmerman). Paul & Robin Morris

p.s. I do frequent the BIT brewery weekly and have met many CC'ans there, don't ever get any last names....
Probably just coincidence, but one of my wife's best friends is Cindy Anderson, lives in Bowman Woods (Cedar Rapids)...she doesn't have an Escape, or camp....
Hi Paul
Did you ever work with Ryan McMahan?
He was one of my Eagle Scouts. I still see his dad about every week. He’s a Cyclone and so am I.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-18-2022, 01:37 PM   #169

I did a LOT of work with Ryan McMahan! He was our Bluetooth expert, I helped with a lot of development testing and troubleshooting....World gets smaller every day!
Old 09-18-2022, 01:41 PM   #170

I have a lot of friends that play at Waubeek, Stone City, etc. I've tried open mics, just not my thing. I like jamming with friends, playing around the campfires. We've been doing an annual Easter campout, now at Fountain Springs near Greeley, since 1996. 2nd annual 'Easter In October' since 2004. Flutes are great to have! We've had cellos, standup bass, keyboards, various drums, etc. I WILL bring guitar to MRR.
Old 09-18-2022, 01:44 PM   #171

We also get to Anamosa a lot for shopping, vet visits, on our way to various other things.... I ran the Animal Welfare Foundation (Now Animal Welfare Friends) from 2008-2011, fostered a LOT of dogs, fundraisers, etc. Adopted a few....still help out some at the shelter in Monti.
Old 09-18-2022, 02:17 PM   #172

I stopped in Anamosa last week for an ice cream. Then we went spit on highway 1 as you get to the convenience store corner there’s a city park. There is a free trailer sewage dump right along the pull off to the park. We used it, worked great. It’s free but there’s a donation box as they are raising money for a new restroom for the park. We went on down to Mt Vernon and onto 30 west and home. There’s no accessible fresh water there but a non-potable hose for rinsing. At Thompson there’s a potable water near the dump station and in several places throughout the campground loops.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-19-2022, 03:35 AM   #173

My family is all over the area, Anamosa, Monti, Springville, Cedar Rapids, etc. We live in Illinois, northwest of Chicago. We are going to run to Anamosa some day this week to see my mother in assisted living.

We are at Thomson now. Full of stickies, and the lily pad area is filled with nasty-looking algae. Doubt we will be canoeing again this year. Last year, too many lily pads. The year before, it was fun canoeing that lily pad area. I know some people go out on the main river, but not us.

Cindy
Old 09-19-2022, 09:47 AM   #174

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21, previous 93 19 ft Bigfoot
Curtis Mansion

2 more for Curtis Mansion. My wife and I
revdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:40 AM   #175

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post

We are at Thomson now. Full of stickies, and the lily pad area is filled with nasty-looking algae. Doubt we will be canoeing again this year. Last year, too many lily pads.
Cindy
Thanks for the status report. I was pondering bringing along my boat, but have now decided not to.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:58 AM   #176

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by David in Iowa View Post
2 more for Curtis Mansion. My wife and I
Excellent,
That makes for 17 folks interested and makes it worthwhile for the organization.
Tony N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 11:50 AM   #177

How're the bugs Cindy?
Old 09-19-2022, 01:38 PM   #178

Kevin says they aren’t bad. They won’t be, because every bug zeroes in on me. We have a screen house that keeps them at bay.

Go by Kevin’s opinion.

Cindy
Old 09-19-2022, 02:07 PM   #179

It’s been pretty dry this summer and the mosquitoes depend upon vernal ponds without feeding fish in them . The backwater is full of tiny fish and the larvae do not last long when the mighty bluegill is around. I always bring my thermacells. After a Canadian bear hunt I am a believer.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-19-2022, 03:45 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABBERDABBER View Post
Thanks for the status report. I was pondering bringing along my boat, but have now decided not to.
Not knowing what boat you have, the river itself is clear. It is just the lily pad area that is almost entirely covered in algae. Kevin was going to drive home and get the canoe if it had been better. We don't paddle the main river. We are passing on canoeing this time though.

Cindy