2022 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 23-25 - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-19-2022, 05:00 AM   #61

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud 1988
I don't know about others being in a different loop, but yes, other types of campers are going to be there. We have a Bigfoot and will be there. There were many other types of campers there last year also.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 06:05 AM   #62

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Bolers, Hunters, U-hauls, Casitas, Scamps and school busses have been at the rally. Can’t say we ever had a Burro which is a surprise. You will fit right in.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 07:25 AM   #63

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Wink Other Types of Campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Bolers, Hunters, U-hauls, Casitas, Scamps and school busses have been at the rally. Can’t say we ever had a Burro which is a surprise. You will fit right in.
Not to mention Cindy & Kevin's (quite palatial) BigFoot Silver Cloud.

Two years ago, one of these was in the campground but, if I remember correctly, they weren't part of the rally:
Attached Thumbnails
20200925_170450.jpg  
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 02:02 PM   #64

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Sites

You are certainly welcome to attend with your Burro We have had several other brands of fiberglass trailers there over the years. Many times as it gets closer to the rally date, there’s a cancellation and you can switch sites. I’m not sure on the corps rules on this but you could probably look it up or call them. You’ll be fine in site 2 the area is easily walkable or maybe Adrian will give you a ride on crossbars or back fender of his new bike?. Bring your dog for the dog parade
And a costume or at least a hat. Looking forward to seeing your camper and meeting you.
Iowa Dave
Old 07-19-2022, 07:02 PM   #65

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
You are certainly welcome to attend with your Burro We have had several other brands of fiberglass trailers there over the years. Many times as it gets closer to the rally date, there’s a cancellation and you can switch sites. I’m not sure on the corps rules on this but you could probably look it up or call them. You’ll be fine in site 2 the area is easily walkable or maybe Adrian will give you a ride on crossbars or back fender of his new bike?. Bring your dog for the dog parade
And a costume or at least a hat. Looking forward to seeing your camper and meeting you.
Iowa Dave
Sorry Dave the bike doesn't have a back fender could be little uncomfortable sitting on the tire going round
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 08:22 PM   #66

No fenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Sorry Dave the bike doesn't have a back fender could be little uncomfortable sitting on the tire going round
So if you’re out riding in the rain does mud sling off the tire and onto your racing jersey?
Iowa Dave
Old 07-19-2022, 08:43 PM   #67

Trailer: 1983 Burro
Booked

I booked site 2, I do have a potential conflict that weekend but I'm hoping it sorts itself out!
Beagle + Burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 07:30 AM   #68

Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0
Just booked in tent site #130 for Wed-Sun. My 5.0 is due to be completed mid-Sept, but looking more like early Oct based on my position in the queue. So, hoping to attend Niagara Wine Escape, visit daughter in Chicago, then come to the Rendezvous on my way to pick up my Escape. Looking forward to it!

There are no solutions. There are only trade-offs.
- Thomas Sowell
Lorraine Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 07:33 AM   #69

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
So if you’re out riding in the rain does mud sling off the tire and onto your racing jersey?
Iowa Dave
I got the bike for fair weather riding only Dave I'll likely not be taking it to the Rendezvous in any case since we'll be visiting in Thunder Bay first then taking the scenic route down the north shore of Superior to Duluth.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 09:16 AM   #70

I’ve driven some of that north shore route but not nearly all of it. It is real pretty. Hope you have a great trip with good weather and smooth roads.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-13-2022, 11:43 AM   #71

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Looking for a site between 54 and 78

Due to my mistake I reserved a site for August instead of September. We would like a site at the top of the peninsula for the rally. Looks like the only open site in PMAN loop is 37. Please PM us if you need to cancel and thanks.
Tony N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 09:52 PM   #72

Schedule?

Hi,
I've never attended a rally before, I was curious if there are any scheduled events or group meals I should plan for? I know it's a ways out yet, but I work all week and just about every weekend between now and then is booked for me, so I want to make sure I have time to get everything I need in advance. Thanks in advance for any information!
Heather
Old 08-15-2022, 06:11 AM   #73

Paul, what say you? At rallies before Covid there were considerable organized group events. Fudge Brownie is our fearless leader and hopefully he will weigh in on this year’s activities. For one, there will be a dog parade costumes encouraged.
The good news is with the proximity to Clinton,
it’s a short run for groceries or other supplies if needed.
What would attractive activities be for you? Don’t be bashful, if you can dream it, Paul can do it!
Not sure we’ve ever had a Burro at this rally in past years. I’ve missed out a couple.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-15-2022, 07:27 AM   #74

I'm a workin on it. Just have to put my notes in an orgainized fashion.
Old 08-15-2022, 07:32 AM   #75

I knew we could depend on you Paul. You are the man!
Iowa Dave
Old 08-15-2022, 08:50 AM   #76

Trailer: 2013 E19
Well, I think I'm going. I maybe want to do a couple ASCA Rally & Obed Trials somewhat close, with my (new pup). Plus I need to learn about my Classic 2013 E19. This is the 1st time ever booking for RV camping out, or anything close, etc. Might have grabbed a odd site, but I'll learn.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 03:15 PM   #77

Rally Agenda

• Self-serve registration at site 51, starting Thursday 4:00pm
  • Self-serve name tags
  • Check the Bulletin Board
  • 7:30 to 9:00 on Friday. Morning coffee and a treat at Site 56. Bring your own mug. Hosted by Dan and Martha.
  • Friday night Meet and Greet – Stone Shelter* 4:00-7:00
    • BYOB
    • Optional snacks
    • No glasses/cups, plates or napkins provided
    • Fire in shelter
  • Evening campfire at the tent site area. Firewood is provided. Someone needs to select the site and start the fire. Typically, at Site 127
  • 7:30 to 9:00 on Saturday. Morning coffee and a treat at Site 56. Bring you own mug. Hosted by Dan and Martha.
  • Dog parade. Saturday at 10:00 am. The parade begins in the parking lot on the waterfront next to Site 65 and ends in the parking lot adjacent to Site 52.
  • Trailer tours are not organized, you may choose to show your trailer at your discretion
  • There will be a free swap meet on the tarp.
  • There has been an interest in arranging group tours at the George Curtis Mansion in Clinton IA. It is only open to groups. Someone would need to step forward and make the arrangements.
  • There will be an orientation meeting at 11:00 am Saturday for prospective Escape buyers and for first time rally visitors. At site 51 or Stone Shelter if inclement weather.
  • The Stone Shelter has been booked on Friday and Saturday for individuals or sub groups of rally attendees. There will be a Meet and Greet at Stone Shelter*, Friday 4:00 pm. The shelter is open for use during the day and evening on Saturday
* Stone Shelter has numerous regular and several handicapped parking spots. It is not permissible to park on the turn around circle next to the shelter.
Old 08-18-2022, 07:21 PM   #78

Thanks for putting together this wide-ranging agenda. We’re sure looking forward to attending
iowa Dave, Rita and Jake.
I’ll have the Manometer along so you can check your blood pressure, an old set of brakes if anyone wants to see how they work and is afraid to take theirs apart and also some cable, ferrules and my swager if anyone wants a new or spare emergency brake cable. Made to order, no charge except you have to endure a rolling monologue, not usually called a conversation. But we will make you up a damn fine cable, or a coyote snare.
Iowa Dave
Old 08-18-2022, 08:31 PM   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
  • Self-serve registration at site 51, starting Thursday 4:00pm
  • Self-serve name tags
  • Check the Bulletin Board
  • 7:30 to 9:00 on Friday. Morning coffee and a treat at Site 56. Bring your own mug. Hosted by Dan and Martha.
  • Friday night Meet and Greet – Stone Shelter* 4:00-7:00
    • BYOB
    • Optional snacks
    • No glasses/cups, plates or napkins provided
    • Fire in shelter
  • Evening campfire at the tent site area. Firewood is provided. Someone needs to select the site and start the fire. Typically, at Site 127
  • 7:30 to 9:00 on Saturday. Morning coffee and a treat at Site 56. Bring you own mug. Hosted by Dan and Martha.
  • Dog parade. Saturday at 10:00 am. The parade begins in the parking lot on the waterfront next to Site 65 and ends in the parking lot adjacent to Site 52.
  • Trailer tours are not organized, you may choose to show your trailer at your discretion
  • There will be a free swap meet on the tarp.
  • There has been an interest in arranging group tours at the George Curtis Mansion in Clinton IA. It is only open to groups. Someone would need to step forward and make the arrangements.
  • There will be an orientation meeting at 11:00 am Saturday for prospective Escape buyers and for first time rally visitors. At site 51 or Stone Shelter if inclement weather.
  • The Stone Shelter has been booked on Friday and Saturday for individuals or sub groups of rally attendees. There will be a Meet and Greet at Stone Shelter*, Friday 4:00 pm. The shelter is open for use during the day and evening on Saturday
* Stone Shelter has numerous regular and several handicapped parking spots. It is not permissible to park on the turn around circle next to the shelter.
Or to put a for sale sign on your trailer or anything else you want to sell, or exceed the posted speed limit. And whatever you do, make sure you watch for turtles crossing the road. These aren’t ordinary turtles, they cross where the sign says. I think they are map turtles. The new bill just passed Washington DC has some funding for environmental protections. I’m applying for a job as a crossing guard down at Thomson ( at the turtle crossing) good pay and the kids don’t give you any lip.)
Iowa Dave
Old 08-23-2022, 08:47 PM   #80

Thanks for posting the agenda! I'm looking forward to it. I live in Davenport, IA , only about an hour from the campground. If there is anything I can help with or bring from (relatively) close by, let me know!