2022 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 23-25 - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2022, 02:24 PM   #141

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
We’ll have to change the name of the PMAN loop, to the CAMAN loop for the Rendezvous.

#67 CAnadian
#68 CAlifornian
#76 CAlifornian

Am I missing any other CA’s in our loop?
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2022, 02:32 PM   #142

Trailer: 2017 5.0
I'm still trying to figure out what PMAN stands for...it's the Potters North loop so I get the P and the N (the other loop is PMAS), but...what does the "MA" stand for?
Old 09-15-2022, 12:56 PM   #143

Trailer: 2018 None
Total Newbie....I don't own an escape but looking to buy an RV in three years if my retirement goes as planned. I would be interested in looking at a 5.0. Are people at this event open to people looking at their RV? Is there an open house/RV day during the rally?
GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 01:22 PM   #144

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
Total Newbie....I don't own an escape but looking to buy an RV in three years if my retirement goes as planned. I would be interested in looking at a 5.0. Are people at this event open to people looking at their RV? Is there an open house/RV day during the rally?
I’m sure people would be happy to show you their 5.0s. No particular day that I know of, but there’s a list of events on page 4 of this thread that Fudge Brownie posted.
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 01:28 PM   #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitting_lanes View Post
I’m sure people would be happy to show you their 5.0s. No particular day that I know of, but there’s a list of events on page 4 of this thread that Fudge Brownie posted.
Thanks splitting lanes! That list of events helps.
Old 09-15-2022, 08:21 PM   #146

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hey George,
I’d encourage you to look at several trailers to get a feel for interior heights and widths as well as bathroom size, bed setups and other features. I can’t show you a 5.0 because we don’t have one but there will be at least one 5.0 there. You may see features on other trailers that the 5.0 you tour does not have but you’d like when you buy.

We are about 80 miles east of you right on Highway 30. Well, by 2640 feet.
How about those clones? Finally
Iowa Dave
Old 09-15-2022, 10:18 PM   #147

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony N View Post
That makes 4 for sure so I think we should plan on it. Will tentatively plan on Saturday at 1o'clock.
Tony
We would like to see the Curtis Mansion too. Saturday at 1 pm sounds good.

Darrell and Laura
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 07:07 AM   #148

Iowa Dave, I will definitely check them all out since I'm a newbie. Hopefully it will be a nice day and my wife and I can get to the rally.
Old 09-16-2022, 08:41 AM   #149

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Curtis house tour Saturday at 1 o'clock

With Darrell and Laura there is enough interest in the house tour, so I'll contact them and plan on Saturday. The address is 440 5th Avenue S., Clinton IA. Will update if there is a change. No need to make any reservation, only need to show up at the appointed time.
Tony N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 08:44 AM   #150

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
With Darrell and Laura there is enough interest in the house tour, so I'll contact them and plan on Saturday. The address is 440 5th Avenue S., Clinton IA. Will update if there is a change. No need to make any reservation, only need to show up at the appointed time.
We'd like to go as well.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 08:44 AM   #151

Trailer: Escape 21
Quote:
We are interested in going as well! Thank you for organizing this Tony!
Cheryl & Steph
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 09:08 AM   #152

Trailer: 2022 Escape 19
There are somewhat backwaters of the causeway out of main channel that would be easily paddleable. Lot of flora and fauna in them.
Camp@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 09:09 AM   #153

They're predicting clear to partly cloudy and mid-60's for high temps. Mid-40's at nite. Perfect camping weather!!
Old 09-16-2022, 09:14 AM   #154

Hi Dave, Any music circles break out at any of these? Bringing my guitar.... Only our 2nd outing with new E19 and 1st Rally! Egg-cited to say the least (been following since signing up for camper early 2021). We're in Linn Co, actually did one overnite at Tompson in June when bringing camper home from Madison delivery site. Iowa Paul
Old 09-16-2022, 09:22 AM   #155

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19 Chevy 2012 Express 3500 Van
Let's hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp@Home View Post
They're predicting clear to partly cloudy and mid-60's for high temps. Mid-40's at nite. Perfect camping weather!!
As Yogi Berra once said, "It's tough to make predictions.........especially about the future".

Often, it is sweet weather at that time of the year. A forecast 7 days out is a rough guide. 3 days out, the forecast is a lot more accurate.
HABBERDABBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 10:03 AM   #156

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Mansion Tour

Also interested in the mansion tour.
Mary O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 12:01 PM   #157

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hi Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp@Home View Post
Hi Dave, Any music circles break out at any of these? Bringing my guitar.... Only our 2nd outing with new E19 and 1st Rally! Egg-cited to say the least (been following since signing up for camper early 2021). We're in Linn Co, actually did one overnite at Tompson in June when bringing camper home from Madison delivery site. Iowa Paul
I don’t remember any musical breakouts at this rally but I haven’t been to all of them. I have been to rallies where there was a hootenanny each night. There are always a few closer troubadours around I’m sure. I spent about 50 years living in Linn county. Notice I did not say “grew up” because I’m still doing that socially and physically. Looking forward to meeting you next week.

I’ll probably need a little backup when I’m spinning a yarn, can I count on you for that? My wife won’t help me anymore. She is doing a fine job washing the 21 on the driveway today. Hey, I got hose out for her and set up the ladder and bought her a new genuine Rubbermaid bucket at the hardware store earlier this week. I do what I can.

There’s a B25 at the airport in Cedar Rapids this weekend. You can take a ride in it and the money goes to honor flights. They make a big loop over the city and I’ve seen it fly over our place out by Norway a couple times today.
You will have fun at this rally and learn some things too.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-16-2022, 02:59 PM   #158

Trailer: 2021 5.0TA
Quote:
Paul Braun suggested there may be some folks who would like to tour the Curtis house in Clinton, Iowa while at the rally. We checked it out and would like to go. I spoke to a contact person and they are flexible with day and time; we thought Saturday afternoon. Cost is $10/$8 for over 60. They are willing to do the 1-hour tour with any number of people, but she mentioned 6 as a lower number. Link: https://www.traveliowa.com/places/ge...s-mansion/613/

Let us know if you are interested by posting here or by PM. They need to know a few days ahead. Or stop by our site at the rally.

There is also an arboretum in Clinton that we plan on visiting, weather permitting.
Tony and Darlene Site #49
We would like to do the house tour as well!

Deb & Greg Waite Site # 78
Gregw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 03:08 PM   #159

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
I just snagged site #36 for the weekend...see you there! This'll be my first rally...

I think I'm 36. First Rally, first Anything! I'm "Chasing a Dog Trial" this weekend in IN. Rally & Obedience. Did one last weekend in KY.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 08:26 PM   #160

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Curtis house tour set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traverson View Post
My wife and I would like to see the Curtis house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGLP View Post
We would like to see the Curtis Mansion too. Saturday at 1 pm sounds good.

Darrell and Laura
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
We'd like to go as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tash View Post
We are interested in going as well! Thank you for organizing this Tony!
Cheryl & Steph
We seem to have plenty of interest in the Curtis House. I spoke to the manager and she will have a docent there at 1 O'clock on Saturday the 24th. See post #149 for address. We're looking forward to it and meeting you all, except Adrian who we met at Flandrau SP in MN a few years ago.
Tony N is offline   Reply With Quote