2022 Mississippi River Rendezvous September 23-25 - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2022, 04:07 PM   #181

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud 1988
Some images to whet your appetites. We toured the arboretum in Clinton this morning, had lunch at Appleby's, stopped by the Wide River winery just north of Clinton, and finished up with Eagle River Park in Clinton.

Cindy
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-1723a.jpg  
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 04:11 PM   #182

The winery
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-1736a.jpg   IMG-1737a.jpg  
Old 09-19-2022, 04:15 PM   #183

Eagle River Park
Attached Thumbnails
IMG-1745a.jpg  
Old 09-19-2022, 04:16 PM   #184

Not sure why these are sideways. Turn your device. I will investigate why this happens.

Cindy
Old 09-19-2022, 04:38 PM   #185
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Not sure why these are sideways. Turn your device. I will investigate why this happens.

Cindy
I fixed them. Take pictures in landscape mode, not portrait OR rotate to landscape before uploading to the EscapeForum... or FiberglassRV. There's nothing within the software you can use to rotate the pics once uploaded.

Thanks for sharing them though!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 06:46 PM   #186

Thanks, Donna. Apple says I took them with the camera upside down. I will watch this in the future.

Cindy
Old 09-19-2022, 08:46 PM   #187

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
It’s been pretty dry this summer and the mosquitoes depend upon vernal ponds without feeding fish in them . The backwater is full of tiny fish and the larvae do not last long when the mighty bluegill is around. I always bring my thermacells. After a Canadian bear hunt I am a believer.
Iowa Dave
Dave, does it make sense to bring a gazebo for mosquitoes and bugs? We also have a Thermacell but the gazebo will fit over a picnic table and give us even more protection. Great for visitors too!
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 09:09 PM   #188

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Screen rooms

It never hurts to have a screened in area for any number of reasons first off the bugs , second wind especially if it isn’t too windy and you have panels for devices like the Clam or similar quickly erected cover and finally for the shade on hot days and strangely for a little warmth if it gets cool and you have a campfire in a can or similar small fire pit. I’m not advocating wood campfires in a tent but a small fire bowl fire where there’s no sparks can be pretty nice when it’s cool or raining. We have the escape screen room on the 21 so do not own a clam but I had a screen room for 20 years when we had the tent trailer. Didn’t have the propane campfire then but it was good shelter and we could get a picnic table inside and did for a week at a time at Yellow River State forest in NE Iowa. Mosquitoes not withstanding this is the peak season for those pesky German yellow jackets that are attracted to food smells, especially sweet things. Always check the opening on your soda can before taking a sip, those yellow jackets can give you a fat lip and you don’t even see the punch coming. I have about 50 sting stories from encounters of the obnoxious kind. You’ll get company when you have protection. Have you seen the wacky forecast for this week at Thompson? 48 degree mood swing
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
0AE68CFC-7DFE-4E60-9206-3589E2EA166A.jpg  
Old 09-19-2022, 09:41 PM   #189

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGLP View Post
Dave, does it make sense to bring a gazebo for mosquitoes and bugs? We also have a Thermacell but the gazebo will fit over a picnic table and give us even more protection. Great for visitors too!

I'm bring one. Just bought it, never set it up yet?
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 10:16 PM   #190

Trailer: 2021 Escape 21NE
Quote:
It never hurts to have a screened in area for any number of reasons first off the bugs , second wind especially if it isn’t too windy and you have panels for devices like the Clam or similar quickly erected cover and finally for the shade on hot days and strangely for a little warmth if it gets cool and you have a campfire in a can or similar small fire pit. I’m not advocating wood campfires in a tent but a small fire bowl fire where there’s no sparks can be pretty nice when it’s cool or raining. We have the escape screen room on the 21 so do not own a clam but I had a screen room for 20 years when we had the tent trailer. Didn’t have the propane campfire then but it was good shelter and we could get a picnic table inside and did for a week at a time at Yellow River State forest in NE Iowa. Mosquitoes not withstanding this is the peak season for those pesky German yellow jackets that are attracted to food smells, especially sweet things. Always check the opening on your soda can before taking a sip, those yellow jackets can give you a fat lip and you don’t even see the punch coming. I have about 50 sting stories from encounters of the obnoxious kind. You’ll get company when you have protection. Have you seen the wacky forecast for this week at Thompson? 48 degree mood swing
Iowa Dave
Thanks Dave. We'll be prepared!
DGLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 05:44 AM   #191

Setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Trials View Post
I'm bring one. Just bought it, never set it up yet?
I’m sure a couple rookie campers with 50 or so years experience will give you some assistance in your setup if you need it. Don’t be afraid to ask for tools or other camping needs if you need to borrow something. Last week, the folks next to us needed a drop cord and I had one. They plugged into our 20 amp outlet and showed a movie two nights in a row. Lucille Ball in “The Long Trailer” and the second night Robin Williams “RV”. Two classics in the “on the road “ camping genre’ with popcorn.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-20-2022, 06:05 AM   #192

There are two large “chain” grocery stores in Clinton Iowa. They are both good. The Fareway store is a little more remote and is in NW Clinton. The HyVee is right in the main business district. Do Not buy apples or Tomatoes before you stop by and see Iowa Dave and Rita. We will have those two things and they are better than reasonably priced cause they are free.
My stuff is not perfect, far from it, but it is raised without chemicals and for me answers the question posed by Dr Paul Ehrlich in his speech at Iowa State University on the first Earth Day in 1970, lo those many years ago. Stop by
https://www.fareway.com/stores/store/98/ad/weekly
Iowa Dave
Old 09-20-2022, 07:31 AM   #193

Trailer: 2022 5.0 TA
Quote:
There are two large “chain” grocery stores in Clinton Iowa. They are both good. The Fareway store is a little more remote and is in NW Clinton. The HyVee is right in the main business district. Do Not buy apples or Tomatoes before you stop by and see Iowa Dave and Rita. We will have those two things and they are better than reasonably priced cause they are free.
My stuff is not perfect, far from it, but it is raised without chemicals and for me answers the question posed by Dr Paul Ehrlich in his speech at Iowa State University on the first Earth Day in 1970, lo those many years ago. Stop by
https://www.fareway.com/stores/store/98/ad/weekly
Iowa Dave
We should be arriving in the early afternoon on Thursday, after we swing through a grocery store in Clinton. We’d be happy to pickup apples and tomatoes from your garden. What site will you be in? We’ll be in 68

Rick and Mary

Edit: I see your in 46, or thereabouts. Right near Fudge Brownie. Must be a conspiracy. Lol
splitting_lanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:02 AM   #194

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Janet is already eying up the tomatoes.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 09:03 AM   #195

Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudge_brownie View Post
Janet is already eying up the tomatoes.
We are in the mid forties, I think 46 but I am just the driver. The navigator runs the show.
Paul, I’m going down to pick right now. I have a variety that best suits you. Celebrity.
Iowa Dave
Old 09-20-2022, 11:22 AM   #196

Trailer: 2023 Escape 19
Escape Newbie

Greetings! I have a deposit on an Escape 19, delivery in Sept 2023. I learned of this rally from the two ambassadors I talked with.

I plan to drive down from Madison, WI for the day, on Saturday. How do I make best use of the time there, and all these terrific RVers and Escapes gathered in one spot?!

Questions:
Is there a check-in point?
Are there organized activities, such as "Happy Hour Trailer Tour"?
How would I find Escape 19 trailers and their owners?
Do I wander the campgrounds, hoping to find folks around?
What's the best way to say "hello" -- just knock on the door?

Thanks! I look forward to meeting some of you this weekend, and to being part of this forum community as I become an actual Escape owner and RVer.

Best,

Chuck
Chuck B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 11:53 AM   #197

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck B. View Post
Greetings! I have a deposit on an Escape 19, delivery in Sept 2023. I learned of this rally from the two ambassadors I talked with.

I plan to drive down from Madison, WI for the day, on Saturday. How do I make best use of the time there, and all these terrific RVers and Escapes gathered in one spot?!

Questions:
Is there a check-in point?
Are there organized activities, such as "Happy Hour Trailer Tour"?
How would I find Escape 19 trailers and their owners?
Do I wander the campgrounds, hoping to find folks around?
What's the best way to say "hello" -- just knock on the door?

Thanks! I look forward to meeting some of you this weekend, and to being part of this forum community as I become an actual Escape owner and RVer.

Best,

Chuck
In post #77 fudge_brownie has written the schedule.

You’ll have no problem finding Escape 19 trailers, just wander around and knock on the door. This is a social gathering and everyone is very happy to talk about their Escape.

Enjoy,

Perry
Perry Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 02:18 PM   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp@Home View Post
How're the bugs Cindy?
The gnats are bad. I am sitting here in my camper (Bigfoot Silver Cloud) with an order for a new antibug lotion ready for Amazon when I get home, as we are going to Brown County in a couple weeks, spray on my arms, a blanket over my legs (and spray) and a plan for a gnat trap to pick up at Hy-Vee when we try out the Candlelight Inn in Clinton tonight (They have a special for a twosome on Tuesdays.). I am my own gnat attraction. They home in on me and leave huge, itchy welts; they don't bother Kevin. We had to change our regular campground in Naples, FL in the winter as the noseeums eat me alive. They drove me in from the screen house here last night (It is not bug-free. They just usually are too dumb to come under the camper. Now, we have a few inside the camper.)

I already have a couple of bites on my legs and one in a place I won't say.

Everyone watch out for the turtles as you drive in! I have not seen them in the past, but this year, when the sign says "Turtle Crossing," it means it! We have seen several crossing the causeway, and Kevin moved one off the road today as we were biking.

Cindy
Old 09-20-2022, 03:28 PM   #199

Trailer: 2021 21NE F2
I recommend you check out the DE IMMIGRANT WINDMILL in Fulton, Il. It's the same thing you'd see in the Neatherlands. Well worth the hour or two to check it out. Unfortunately Mary and I will not be able to attend this years rally but we'll be thinking about you and hoping you all have a great time.

https://www.cityoffulton.us/city/ful...-windmill.html
mfschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 04:42 PM   #200

Screen Room

I found an immature bullfrog that had been run over at our campsite. He was very flat and very dried out. I gave him his last rites and sailed him back into his ancestral home. Rita is deftly installing our screen room on Cindy’s advice. Hopefully we’ll avoid the bugs. If not there’s always beer and air conditioning.

19 screen room properly installed on Escape 21 Classic #6 with skirt and spa steps for entry. 22 Sailrite dot snaps, some Velcro, a few grommets and a past master on the Husquavarna Viking sewing machine and Botha boom Botha bing you got yourself some bug protection. Thanks all to my wife Rita
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
7CF7F732-9240-4508-8CF8-1A0ECC2806F0.jpg