2023, April 27-30 - Spring NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2022, 09:04 AM   #1
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
2023, April 27-30 - Spring NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering

April 27-30 — L.L. Stub Stewart State Park - Vernonia area - West of Portland, Oregon - about 34 miles

This is the six month BELL to make your reservations!

The traveling roadshow is moving back to L.L. Stub Stewart for Spring NOG 2023. We've been there for both spring blooming and fall colors. We're hoping for no rain or wind! Be sure to checkout everything the Oregon State Park system has to say about the park. Find the information here including reservation information: L.L. Stub Stewart State Park: https://stateparks.oregon.gov/index....file&parkId=75

Campsite photos here: https://www.campsitephotos.com/campg...state-park-002

We're starting in Dairy Creek WEST. I've chosen site 42. Remember, everyone gets full hookups (electric, water, sewer). I'll reserve the main shelter in Dairy Creek West for Friday/Saturday night doin's. No EZ-Ups or folding tables needed for the group activities. SWOON!

BTW: I'm coming early again. I'll pull in on Saturday and stay until 8 days later - Sunday morning... if anyone cares to join me early!

Be sure to let us know if you're newbies to egg gatherings and everyone start planning/making your name tags!

As usual, I keep the participants list and map at the CasitaForum here: https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...gon-gathering/

I NEED this info for the participants list, please:
First names of adults attending
City, State where you live
Year/Make/Model/Length of your trailer
SITE number that you reserved.

Ready. Set. GO!

Donna D. (Portland, OR) - 2014 Escape 5.0TA - 42
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 10:56 AM   #2

Trailer: SOLD - 2022 Escape 21NE
Well Alright!
1st NOG for us!

Bruce & Renee
Sublimity, Oregon
2022 Escape 21NE
Site #45

Apr 26 -> Apr 29 (4 nights), departing Sunday 30th
Tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 11:43 AM   #3

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Thanks Donna!

We booked site 52 from Apr 26-30. John and Harriet from Hillsboro in the 2022 21C. We love Stub and go there more than anywhere else, so this will be a real treat. And it might be one of our birthdays during the stay...
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 01:07 PM   #4
Site Team

Excellent. Bruce & Renne's first NOG and a birthday to celebrate at LL Stub
Old 10-28-2022, 08:08 AM   #5
Site Team

24 hours later and we've reserved 25 sites AND the Meeting Hall in west! Looks like west is now full, there are sites that perhaps other SOB campers have reserved OR MAYBE NOGgers that haven't let me know yet. Still plenty of sites in East, so get your reservations made soon.
Old 11-11-2022, 07:50 AM   #6
Site Team

ALL

This is notification the park is now full. Can you please, please notify me IF you need to cancel your site. PLEASE. We no longer work with ReserveAmerica to transfer sites, I just notify those people on a wait list when it's going to happen. THANK YOU!
Old 02-20-2023, 11:51 PM   #7

In the January Escape Q&A video, Karl says that he and his wife hope to make it to the Spring NOG on their way back from a long camping trip. That would be so neat.
Old 02-21-2023, 08:07 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small but Sweet View Post
In the January Escape Q&A video, Karl says that he and his wife hope to make it to the Spring NOG on their way back from a long camping trip. That would be so neat.
Yes it would be neat. Hope they've reserved a site. The park is full.
Old 02-21-2023, 10:17 AM   #9

I suppose it’s possible they could have quietly taken a site and just not told "the group" to be on the list? NOG doesn’t have 100% of the sites. My fingers are crossed :-).
Old 04-03-2023, 01:04 PM   #10

Sadly, we have to cancel our camping trip(s) for this spring. This includes the 2023 NOG.

We have site 45 (West loop), arriving 4/26, departing 4/30. I am currently holding this reservation; I plan to cancel it tomorrow at noon PDT.

I will also be canceling a reservation for Ft Stevens (site O12, arr. 4/30, dep. 5/4) at the same time tomorrow.
Old 04-03-2023, 01:15 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh View Post
Sadly, we have to cancel our camping trip(s) for this spring. This includes the 2023 NOG.

We have site 45 (West loop), arriving 4/26, departing 4/30. I am currently holding this reservation; I plan to cancel it tomorrow at noon PDT.

I will also be canceling a reservation for Ft Stevens (site O12, arr. 4/30, dep. 5/4) at the same time tomorrow.
Bummer. But thanks for letting me now. I've got a some folks on a wait list for Spring NOG.
Old 04-04-2023, 08:08 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Bruce, I've notified someone on the wait list and they're excited at the opportunity to get your site.

Hopefully we'll see you and Renee at Fall NOG.

Safe travels, always.
Old 04-04-2023, 01:59 PM   #13

OK, Donna! site 45 @ L. L. Stub Stewart is now free!

I'll be reserving a site for the Fall NOG early next morning. Optimism Prevails!
Old 04-04-2023, 02:10 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
OK, Donna! site 45 @ L. L. Stub Stewart is now free!

I'll be reserving a site for the Fall NOG early next morning. Optimism Prevails!
Annnnd, site 45 has already been snagged by a NOGger. Thanks for letting me know in advance, I love it when plans come together.

Silver Falls is filling up. Lots of people come early! I'm there for 8 nights, others 5 and 6 nights. Lots of fun stuff to do in the park, they all want plenty of time to enjoy the park before other NOGgers show up and all they want to do is visit with one another.

Good luck!
Old 04-07-2023, 12:48 PM   #15
Site Team

The Schedule of Events such as it is... This is the Spring NOG. While it's referred to as the Northern Oregon Gathering, I kinda prefer Not Organized Gathering.

Daytime hours are completely unscheduled. Feel free to do what you wish. Sleep in, ride your bike on the trails, hike, go to town, play cards, drive to the beach, sit-and-visit, etc., etc. As far as trailer tours, nothing scheduled for that either. If you see folks sitting outside, stop and chat and ask to see their trailer. I've found most folks have an informal open house.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG:
There is nothing scheduled for gift give aways for this NOG. BUT, I'd really like to see everyone wear a name tag all weekend. I'm meeting some of you for the first time. Help me to remember your name, please.

FRIDAY NIGHT NO-HOST DINNER-ON-A-STICK: The roasting fires will be going at the meeting hall outside. There are two elevated BBQs. Both will be hot! You may want to bring a chair though. This is not a potluck, bring everything you need, the food you plan to roast, including your roasting stick. Come by anytime after 6:00pm.

The fun/funny stuff:

CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
7PM SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT
At the Meeting Hall

This is an "opener" event.

Bring a six pack of craft beer, trade one bottle or can for a different kind. For those that have never participated in the exchange, I'll explain how it works shortly before 7pm. I can tell you, if you show up at 7:03, you are three minutes too late!

Everyone is welcome at anytime to anything. If you're not a beer drinker that's perfectly okay. Please join us. Beer/food is secondary to the good times.

SATURDAY NIGHT POTLUCK: Serving of food will start SHARPLY at 6pm. Come a few minutes early to get your food on the table before serving starts. Bring an appetizer, entrée, salad or dessert to share that feeds 6-10 people AND your table service and beverage.

For the two events at the meeting hall, you may want to bring your lawn chair. Sitting outside is always preferable to being inside if the weather is dry and it's not windy.

The meeting hall, according to the park, will hold 50 people and there's a wood stove inside. If every site brought ONE stick of wood, we could have a nice fire going both Friday and Saturday nights. There's LIMITED parking down by the meeting hall. A number of the tent sites are currently reserved and most of the parking is for tenters use. So... carpooling (or drop off service) is encouraged!

Please, no pets at any of the food events.

I hope this answers questions you may have. If not, ask and we'll get it answered!

Safe travels everyone. Please bring SUN!
Old 04-22-2023, 10:49 AM   #16

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Smile LL Stub Spring NOG

Hi all,
We will be there in site 93.
Kim & Ellen Harper
Vancouver, WA
21” 5.0
Ellen Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 10:56 AM   #17

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Let's see some pictures,....
Old 04-26-2023, 12:46 PM   #18

Anyone visiting John and Harriet at site 52 will be offered a piece of Linzertorte. We are recently back from Austria, so inspired by a visit to Linz I made it with my homemade raspberry jam. I’m vegan, so the torte is too :-). See you all soon!
Old 04-26-2023, 02:15 PM   #19
Site Team

Check out the weather y'all!! Yes, we deserve it. Anyone wanting to go to the beach, I recommend Friday. It's supposed to be 75 degrees on Friday at Cannon Beach. It's only 36 miles from L.L. Stub. Admit it, you want to go ;-)

Safe travels everyone!!
Attached Thumbnails
Weather.jpg  
Old 04-26-2023, 03:56 PM   #20

I hope all y'all have a great time and enjoy this beautiful weather that the citizens of PNW have waited so long to see!

Supposed to reach 85 here on Friday.....easterly winds