2023, Oct. 5-8 -- Fall NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-12-2023, 01:27 PM   #21
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by randynjill View Post
We just called and were able to get site 4. It is a ADA site that you have to call to reserve. My husband is a disabled veteran. So our info is as follows.
Randall and Jill Brown
We are from Sparks, Nevada
Site 4
We have a 2020 21C
We are booked Oct 4-8
Great! Thanks for letting me know. Fun times ahead!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 01:35 PM   #22

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Having never been to Oregon, or a gathering of Escapes, we are new owners, can you tell me what the weather is like in October?
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 03:30 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathytony1985 View Post
Having never been to Oregon, or a gathering of Escapes, we are new owners, can you tell me what the weather is like in October?
It can literally be just about anything and it definitely depends on where in Oregon. We've had 80 degree days to snow to absolute rain deluges. We won't know about Fall NOG until just a few days before it happens.
Old 05-01-2023, 10:15 PM   #24
Site Team

As everyone knows, Silver Falls State Park is full (hookup sites) during the dates for Fall NOG. I would REALLY appreciate it if someone needs to cancel if you would contact me FIRST. I now have quite a list of people wanting sites. It would be sad, if someone cancels and these people don't get an opportunity to snag it first!

However that said, I'd suggest anyone wanting a site go to the ReserveAmerica site and sign up for an availability notification. You have to be logged in to ReserveAmerica and on the Silver Falls reservation page when you make the request, but they'd let you know via email if a site is cancelled and comes available. Remember, there's a number of sites already reserved by non-NOGgers and I'd never know if any of those sites cancel. Good luck!
Old 05-02-2023, 11:41 AM   #25

Trailer: SOLD - 2022 Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathytony1985 View Post

Historically the highs in Silverton (close to the park) are ~70 and the lows are ~46 for the first weekend on October

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/si...0255?year=2023

Meterologists are predicting an El Nino starting up this fall, so it might be even warmer then.

Or not....
Tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 05:35 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosh View Post
Or not....
OR not, isn't that the truth!
Old 08-14-2023, 02:38 PM   #27

Trailer: SOLD - 2022 Escape 21NE
have to cancel our reservation

as we are about to sell our Escape trailer, we've decided it's best to cancel our site reservation as well.

Loop A, site 77 is now available Oct 5 - 9.

We hope everyone who attends has a great time!

-Tosh
Tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 01:23 AM   #28

Trailer: 2022 21 C owner :-D/ '24 RAM 1500 Limited
Nog 2023

Donna,

We do not yet own an Escape, but we'd love to stop by to meet folks and <hopefully> tour people's Escape trailers if it's okay. We live just one hour away, so it's an easy day trip. We could stop by on October 7th or 8th, but not before due to our having prior engagements.

Best regards,

Michael & Melody

P.S. We're actively searching for gently used 19' or 21' Escape trailers.
mresseguie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 07:30 AM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mresseguie View Post
Donna,

We do not yet own an Escape, but we'd love to stop by to meet folks and <hopefully> tour people's Escape trailers if it's okay. We live just one hour away, so it's an easy day trip. We could stop by on October 7th or 8th, but not before due to our having prior engagements.

Best regards,

Michael & Melody

You're more than welcome to come by. I can't guarantee folks will be at their trailers however. There's lots to do at Silver Falls State Park and the surrounding areas, so I expect people to be out and about. Saturday is the Shindig in Silverton, I know that's where I'll be for part of the day. Sunday is the 8th and most people will be leaving. I know I'll be gone before noon. Just want you to be prepared, and not disappointed.

See you there!
Old 08-31-2023, 09:52 AM   #30

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Donna,

Best regards,

Michael & Melody

I have a 2021 21C you can look at. If you are interested maybe best to set up a time so I'm at my trailer.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 01:24 AM   #31

Trailer: 2022 21 C owner :-D/ '24 RAM 1500 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
I have a 2021 21C you can look at. If you are interested maybe best to set up a time so I'm at my trailer.
Thank you for the offer!

My status is now 'purchase pending' since I have offered to buy someone's 2022 21C! I'm both nervous and excited.

Michael
mresseguie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 10:24 AM   #32

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Thank you for the offer!

My status is now 'purchase pending' since I have offered to buy someone's 2022 21C! I'm both nervous and excited.

Michael
Congratulations!
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 09:13 AM   #33
Site Team

We're now right at a month from Fall NOG! Time to post the schedule

PLEASE READ IN ITS ENTIRETY.

We do not have a shelter reserved. Reservations for day use shelters ends on Sept. 30. So the Friday and Saturday food events are PLANNED to be held at my site B3. IF THESE PLANS CHANGE DUE TO THE WEATHER, I'll post the information by NOON on Fri., Oct 6 at my site.

I will post the weather forecast for Oct. 5-8 just before the gathering. Plan for for any kind of weather. Over the years we've seen it all!

Daytime hours are completely unscheduled. Feel free to do what you wish. Sleep in, hike the falls, go to town, play cards, sit-and-visit, etc., etc. As far as trailer tours, nothing scheduled for that either. If you see folks sitting outside, stop and chat and ask to see their trailer. I've found most have an informal open house. Saturday, be sure to check out the Shindig going on in downtown Silverton! https://www.facebook.com/sidewalkshindig/

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG. I'm meeting some of you for the first time. Help me to remember your name, please.

FRIDAY NIGHT NO-HOST DINNER-ON-A-STICK: Bring your hot dog/buns... everything including the condiments on the bun. This is not a potluck, bring everything you need, including your roasting stick. This is just a chance to have dinner with everyone else. Some like sausage dogs; others the highbrow fancy dogs. Or, eat at your trailer and bring your lawn chair and join in the conversation. Smore's and roasting Peeps encouraged too. You will want to bring a chair. NOG fire will be roaring, come by anytime after 5PM.

The fun/funny stuff:

CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
6PM SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT

This is an "opener" event.
Bring a six pack of craft beer, trade one bottle or can for a different kind.

SATURDAY NIGHT POTLUCK: Serving of food will start SHARPLY at 5pm. (Sun will go down at 6:43pm, that's why the early start.) Come a few minutes early to get your food on the table before serving starts. Bring an appetizer, entrée, salad or dessert to share that feeds 6-10 people and your table service. NOTE: If you're bringing something 'soupy' that needs to be eaten from a bowl, you might consider providing disposable bowls. Most people won't put soupy food on a plate and most don't bring a bowl in anticipation of needing it.

Everyone is welcome at anytime to anything. If you're not a beer drinker that's perfectly okay. Please join us. Beer/food is secondary to the good times we'll have around the NOG fire pit.

Always plan to bring a chair to events.

Please, no pets at any of the NOG food events.

Hope this helps with some questions. Post if not, we'll get the question answered.
Old 09-05-2023, 01:31 PM   #34

Trailer: Escape 21C -2020 and 2003 Aliner
Hi Donna-- i have friday night only reserved as i am late to the party-- may look at coming in on thursday --- interested in talking to as many owners about modifications and such -- how many do you have coming to this? -- over the weekend-- looking for spots near by... i hate making reservations...thanx for putting this together
quidoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2023, 05:18 PM   #35
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by quidoi View Post
Hi Donna-- i have friday night only reserved as i am late to the party-- may look at coming in on thursday --- interested in talking to as many owners about modifications and such -- how many do you have coming to this? -- over the weekend-- looking for spots near by... i hate making reservations...thanx for putting this together
We have 41 sites reserved, that I know about. I don't have you on my list!

Get all the details here: https://www.casitaforum.com/invboard...gon-gathering/
Old 09-07-2023, 08:47 PM   #36

Hi Donna-- didn't know about list but you can add me if you would like-- i will be there on thursday in camp at #46 a loop for one night then friday move to #26 b loop then wing it for saturday then back on sunday to wednesday to explore the park-- Sherpa San Escape 21C -- 2020 .... hope to meet you all ...thanx
Old 09-07-2023, 09:15 PM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Hi Donna-- didn't know about list but you can add me if you would like-- i will be there on thursday in camp at #46 a loop for one night then friday move to #26 b loop then wing it for saturday then back on sunday to wednesday to explore the park-- Sherpa San Escape 21C -- 2020 .... hope to meet you all ...thanx
PM me your real name please.
Old 09-08-2023, 02:59 PM   #38

tried to PM but is said you are not receiving messages--- copy of the warning... so ....

Donna D has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Donna D from the recipient list and send the message again.
Old 09-08-2023, 06:34 PM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
tried to PM but is said you are not receiving messages--- copy of the warning... so ....

Donna D has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Donna D from the recipient list and send the message again.
That's just weird. I got a PM from another member at 7:28 this morning.... I'll make it easy and send you a PM, all you need to do is reply.
Old 09-21-2023, 09:01 AM   #40
Site Team

I just heard about a serviced site that is going to cancel. Anybody want it?? OR perhaps someone in a tent site wants to move a site with electric and water?

First person to respond to me via PM... gets the details.

Edit: TAKEN

Donna